Turn on thread page Beta

put on weight over the holidays watch

anon or delete plz!

& i feel like a right slob, i have tried dieting last week but i'm not loosing any weight - ive given up most things, and only eat bread and fruit..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    anon or delete plz!

& i feel like a right slob, i have tried dieting last week but i'm not loosing any weight - ive given up most things, and only eat bread and fruit..
    have put on weight myself since shool ended ... ut cuz i didnt care at all whati'd eat and o out partying every day pretty much.

now im trying toloose weight since 2 weeks nd works relatively well ... of course, u wont loose weight as fast as u put it on, but its not tha hard.

fruits and bread is not really a perfct diet if u wanna loos weight in the long term. rather try a lot of vetables (barely any kcals), not more than 3 fruits a day (cause a lot sugar, yet its still healthy) and try to eat carbs like bread only once a day. also, soups are great (as u get full but many eg miso soup have almost no kcals), and fish is really good too.
    oh, and try to eat stuff like cinammon (like in a yyoghurt), ginger,chil and other spicy stuff as that speeds up ur metabolism.
    and sport (although i kow how hard it is to motivate onself^^) ...

and after one week if u loose weight healthyly u cant exspect to loose more than 1kilo, soo ...

good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Give it more than a week and stop eating bread and go for a run.

ReputationRep:
    Eat a more balanced diet. Bread, contrary to the "zomg ew carbs" belief, isnt going to make you fat, but a diet so lacking in variety isn't going to make you slim and healthy, its going to make you lethargic and lacking in vitamins, protein and other things.

Just eat three sensible meals a day, snack on low calorie things, and go for a walk a few times a day, its not rocket science.

ReputationRep:
    i know...i've put on half a stone in a month and i cant wait to get back to college to use the gym...cant afford it otherwise

ReputationRep:
    Trying a 'diet' for a week won't help you to lose weight. You need to lower/restrict your calories, eat a varied and balanced diet and do more exercise. There's no quick way to lose weight - you didn't put it on overnight so you're not going to lose it overnight.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.