Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New Immigration policy = Brigther future for the UK Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joseph1991)
    Although 90% of your post is pure crazy nonsense, this quotation made me LOL the hardest;

Now...please tell me, if you will, do you know anything about BASIC history "Stettin"? I hope you do, because if you dont your WHOLE argument has, ultimately, just been debased because you might just be a massive racist? Why should we let Canadians in over Indians? because they are white? We have massive historical ties with India...Not only did we colonise India but they posted hundreds of thousands of troops to aid the allies in WW1 and suffered huge losses in doing so. So basically, are you a bit of a racist?

xx
    I dont think the post was racist to be honest...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4G_dollars)
    I dont think the post was racist to be honest...
    I just want to know why a doctor from New Zeland would have easier access to the UK than a doctor from India under his tyrannical regime xx

ReputationRep:
    OMG people from the EU get unlimited acces to the UK lol XD

ReputationRep:
    Funny.

I think outsourcing is a bigger problem than immigration.

ReputationRep:
    "As everyone knows the immigration policy is crap. The Liberals are crazy,The conservatives are all talk and Labour has been failing.

Here is my idea.

Old Commonwealth (Canada,New Zealand Australia,South African English) = Anybody who's has ancestral link to the UK can get an immediate citizenship. No Visa required.
    South Africa = Afrikaners can get Visa here. Non Afrikaners have to have a skill and the ability to work in the UK."

as soon as i saw this i thought FAIL! Its okay to invade, ethnically cleanse and deprive indigenous people from other countries, and then deny them the right to come to the UK because they are not white!

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't make sense and would never materialise; wheter I agree with it, is another matter.

ReputationRep:
    i'd have it swiss-style, and much stricter than at present. but only really for preventing overpopulation.

ReputationRep:
    A few more thousand tonnes of fruit to be left unpicked...
    Source

ReputationRep:
    I'm really getting sick of liberals who want to fill up the country with benefit scroungers accusing me of racism (the same old excuse). HOW is it racist? Because this system doesn't let the country get over run? Oh the horror.

(Original post by joseph1991)
    Although 90% of your post is pure crazy nonsense, this quotation made me LOL the hardest;

Now...please tell me, if you will, do you know anything about BASIC history "Stettin"? I hope you do, because if you dont your WHOLE argument has, ultimately, just been debased because you might just be a massive racist? Why should we let Canadians in over Indians? because they are white? We have massive historical ties with India...Not only did we colonise India but they posted hundreds of thousands of troops to aid the allies in WW1 and suffered huge losses in doing so. So basically, are you a bit of a racist?

xx

Of course I know my history. :rolleyes: . The difference between New Zealand/Australia and India is the fact that we sent civil servants to India to rule the country and we sent people to Canada to start new lives.

Get off your ******* high horses. It's not about how white one is (coincidentally I happen to be black). No one gives a **** if India is black or white. At the end of the day India is a poor country filled with 1 billion people.

I just want to know why a doctor from New Zeland would have easier access to the UK than a doctor from India under his tyrannical regime xx
    Lets see hmmm.

1: The Doctor may have an ancestor who moved to the NZ from the UK.
    2: Speaks english fluently and in such a manner that he doesn't have a stupid accent.
    3: He level of training and skill is UK standard. Not some third world degree.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, any foreign doctor wishing to practice in the UK from outside of the EU has to take a test, similar to the USMLE. afaik it's a clinical aptitude test and an english test.

Though it may be some degree easier than the USMLE, I dunno.

So, a doctor should hopefully at least be at minimum UK standards. Obviously, questionable admissions will make it through, but that's going to happen.

ReputationRep:
    Points based is the way to go imo. The issue will be not giving away points for retarded things like living in scotland.

(Original post by phoenixx)
    why is everyone so opposed to control of immigration?
    Because immigration brings lower consumer prices, makes Britain more internationally competitive, and raises the quality of life for immigrants? Just a thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kolya)
    Because immigration brings lower consumer prices, makes Britain more internationally competitive, and raises the quality of life for immigrants? Just a thought.
    That's controlled immigration.

Uncontrolled immigration increases inflation and takes away government resources from many areas.

Just look at Syria. When the Iraqis came the quality of life for the locals dipped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stettin)

Lets see hmmm.

1: The Doctor may have an ancestor who moved to the NZ from the UK.
    2: Speaks english fluently and in such a manner that he doesn't have a stupid accent.
    3: He level of training and skill is UK standard. Not some third world degree.

:rofl: I thought you said your policies werent racist, just face it. Your list of points loosely translates as.
    -You have to be white
    -You have to come from a predominately white country
    -You have to be trained up to white mans standard
    -You have to be white

(Original post by Stettin)
    Uncontrolled immigration increases inflation and takes away government resources from many areas.
    How does uncontrolled immigration increase inflation?

ReputationRep:
    NHS will be screwed if it wasen't for Indians. Even Enoch Powell knew that when he sent for lots of Indian doctors to work in NHS.

A third world education is probably better then some first world education, espically in India. If you look at the Maths and science exams they do to compared different countries education some third world countries come out on top, last time I checked UK was like 13th for Maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kolya)
    How does uncontrolled immigration increase inflation?

There is only a limited amount of houses/Apartments available in the UK. Even if the government decided to make the planning law easier there won't be enough places to live for the people already here.

Now add a new mix of people in. They will compete for the remaining living spaces. When it comes to competition the cost of renting increases. Since immigrants tend to liver in larger groups. They will win out.

Oh and don't say the free market will sort it out. I can't stand Libertarians just as much as.

NHS will be screwed if it wasen't for Indians. Even Enoch Powell knew that when he sent for lots of Indian doctors to work in NHS.

A third world education is probably better then some first world education, espically in India. If you look at the Maths and science exams they do to compared different countries education some third world countries come out on top, last time I checked UK was like 13th for Maths.
    If you actually bothered to read. This provisions would allow for doctors to come to the UK. But the quality of the doctors matter. Ever been to London? I've been driven by Doctors from Kenya,India and Pakistan before in taxis. They have the degrees and they entered the country as a doctor but they can't get a job working as one. Some study pharmacy but most just give up. That's what we need to give up. I should be driven by a fat chav not an Indian Surgeon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoenixx)
    why is everyone so opposed to control of immigration?
    Is it because they live in areas which are mostly white middle class and wont have to mix with the immigrants??

I live in a area with a high immigration population. I would rather be in one of the places you have described that were I live.

For the record I am a white lad from a working class background.

What if the neighbouring countries are less than welcoming/accommodating toward refugees. Refugees come to our country because they know they'll have rights, protection and a decent chance at life, something that may not be available in their surrounding areas.
    Right my name is Adbul Ali Magudeshui and I come from Mogadishu in Somalia.

So on my journey I will go through
    Ethiopia - Ok they hate my people there. We have had wars and racial tensions between us.
    Djibouti - Home from home
    Eritrea -" "

Ok fair enough these countries would not be the most accommodating. So far I agree with the quote I have pulled up.

So anyway lets pretend to skip the rest of North Africa. I am not going to stop there. Theres no healthca... oohh no they are to dangerous yes to dangerous for me and my family.

So I eventually arrive on my boat off the coast of Spain. A nice country, hot, at peace, rich and in the 1st world. But no that is no good for my family.

What about France people ask. France ha no chance of a home there for me

But Britain yes thats right. That evil colonial power, I hate their culture, I hate the people. Yet I get teeth cleany, wife de-fleay and nice flat all for free.

I spread my culture, build my mosques and these local people who complain. Well **** them they are paying for me.

So no most come here because we are a soft touch. In the case of Somalians the first proper safe country if they are geniue is Egypt and failing that, Italy, Switerland, Spain, France and Holland even. yet they all want to come here. Whys that I wonder.
    ----------------------------------

I agree Immigration is a big worry for me. We are a Island, a small pinprick on the map yet every ****** wants to come here. YES many are highly skilled, YES many white brits are lazy ******* who should get a job. But these people who welcome immigration on the scale it is at the minute. Where do you live, is it Whitechapel in London, Manningham in Bradford or Bury Park in Luton or places like that. I bet most of you don't and just pay lip service to Alan Johnston. And say you are proud of our Multicultural society yet don't see the effects of it first hand.

Left to me immigration would be
    *Knowledge of English
    *A job to go into (and not at the expense of a native note I said native. Anyone who is British born basicaly)
    *No criminal history in their homeland
    *Do a crime over here. Sent packing back.
    *Only wife/children to come with. None of this ganny aunty and cousin business which many do.
    *Not discrimated on nation(unlike theOP). On skill instead.
    * Limited to a certain number.

None of the above. No entry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrst269)
    I live in a area with a high immigration population. I would rather be in one of the places you have described that were I live.

For the record I am a white lad from a working class background.

Right my name is Adbul Ali Magudeshui and I come from Mogadishu in Somalia.

So on my journey I will go through
    Ethiopia - Ok they hate my people there. We have had wars and racial tensions between us.
    Djibouti - Home from home
    Eritrea -" "

Ok fair enough these countries would not be the most accommodating. So far I agree with the quote I have pulled up.

So anyway lets pretend to skip the rest of North Africa. I am not going to stop there. Theres no healthca... oohh no they are to dangerous yes to dangerous for me and my family.

So I eventually arrive on my boat off the coast of Spain. A nice country, hot, at peace, rich and in the 1st world. But no that is no good for my family.

What about France people ask. France ha no chance of a home there for me

But Britain yes thats right. That evil colonial power, I hate their culture, I hate the people. Yet I get teeth cleany, wife de-fleay and nice flat all for free.

I spread my culture, build my mosques and these local people who complain. Well **** them they are paying for me.

So no most come here because we are a soft touch. In the case of Somalians the first proper safe country if they are geniue is Egypt and failing that, Italy, Switerland, Spain, France and Holland even. yet they all want to come here. Whys that I wonder.
    ----------------------------------

I agree Immigration is a big worry for me. We are a Island, a small pinprick on the map yet every ****** wants to come here. YES many are highly skilled, YES many white brits are lazy ******* who should get a job. But these people who welcome immigration on the scale it is at the minute. Where do you live, is it Whitechapel in London, Manningham in Bradford or Bury Park in Luton or places like that. I bet most of you don't and just pay lip service to Alan Johnston. And say you are proud of our Multicultural society yet don't see the effects of it first hand.

Left to me immigration would be
    *Knowledge of English
    *A job to go into (and not at the expense of a native note I said native. Anyone who is British born basicaly)
    *No criminal history in their homeland
    *Do a crime over here. Sent packing back.
    *Only wife/children to come with. None of this ganny aunty and cousin business which many do.
    *Not discrimated on nation(unlike theOP). On skill instead.
    * Limited to a certain number.

None of the above. No entry

Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    agree with the above.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.