The Student Room Group

Brunel vs Newcastle/Northumbria?

I want a career in Advertising (working for an agency etc.)

I am trying to choose wether to go to
Northumbria in Newcastle (Advertising And Media)
or
Brunel in London (Communication and Media)

Brunel is in London but doesnt have advertising in the title (is broader) but it would have better Work experience links being near London

Northumbria has advertising in the title, is in Newcastle, but im not sure about work experience as its in Newcastle ..

Theyre very close in Rankings

Which would be better for a career in advertising? and
Which would have a better social scene from what you have heard? (i wont know anyone going into either)

I have heard good things about Newcastle and Londons social life?
(Brunel is a bit far out though)
Reply 1
hi..

work experience links are the most important factor when considering a career in media. its all about contacts from what i've heard. for courses in media the league tables aren't a good place to look because somewhere like the university of westminster is low down but has a high reputation for media courses.

hope this helped a little.
Reply 2
I am starting at Brunel this September
I will be studying Multimedia Technology and Design..

I can't really comment as I don't know anything about your other uni..
But I do know how great the facilities are at Brunel..
And I am sure you will get great work experience at Brunel
Reply 3
I can't answer any queries specific to Advertising but I can give you general information about Newcastle, being a native. Northumbria used to be an old poly so it's reputation may not be as good as Brunel (though I don't know anything about that) but it's undergoing millions of pounds worth of new development.
Newcastle as a city is fantastic, and it's social scene is thought to be one of the best in Europe.
Reply 4
Newcastle/Northumbria > Brunel.

(My opinion is biased as I'm a Geordie!)

Latest

Trending

Trending