Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Bit of a problem watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i have had an ongoing problem for a while now, its a long story so i will try to summarise it and fill in any details anyone wants to know.

Basically there is a girl i have liked throughout college, she got a boyfriend in the second year, i was friends with this boyfriend and he knew how much i liked her so i thought it was kind of sneaky seeing as he was trying to make me look like a bad guy, throughout that year we were all on and off arguing, but we ended on good terms, they went off to uni, i done my own thing.

Between the end of college and the start of uni, i hardly saw them, i still heard from them from time to time but only through mutual friends, but because of this, i was thinking about her less and less, which was a good thing, and it got to a point where i felt nothing for her but friendship. Back in about October, i saw them again for the first time in a few months, and i still felt nothing for her, after this we saw eachother more frequently and at times she was acting provocatively towards me, i knew nothing was meant by it but if it was at another point, i would have lapped it up. Now heres where the problem comes in, i have developed feelings for her again, unlike before i can control them, mainly due to the fact that i have become more logical since college and we don't see eachother as much as we used to, but the feelings are still there and i can't figure out why they are and how i am meant to get past this.

ReputationRep:
    hahaha, if u figuer out wht to do, let me know ...
    had kinda the same thing with a guy for two years now, and the by the time i thought i'd be over him (cuz i thought i ad seen him for the last time as he went to the states so i just acceptd i to be over and done) he'd start calling me, bein really weet, even tlking t me about his gf being a ***** to him and he seriously gonna break up with her this time (he thouht about it a lot, we are pretty much best friends) ... well, they are still together bu hes still really sweet/flirty to m which brought u al feelings again...

yet, i taked about this with some friends, and everyone tld me the same thing, tht he jus likes to be liked even if hes acting this way subconsiously, bt for me to get over him, i just have tobre up contact for good,as everytime we talk my feelings come up ...
    andguess its similar for u. yet, stopping to stop talking to the omeon u like s easier said than done ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VanillaLatte)
    hahaha, if u figuer out wht to do, let me know ...
    had kinda the same thing with a guy for two years now, and the by the time i thought i'd be over him (cuz i thought i ad seen him for the last time as he went to the states so i just acceptd i to be over and done) he'd start calling me, bein really weet, even tlking t me about his gf being a ***** to him and he seriously gonna break up with her this time (he thouht about it a lot, we are pretty much best friends) ... well, they are still together bu hes still really sweet/flirty to m which brought u al feelings again...

yet, i taked about this with some friends, and everyone tld me the same thing, tht he jus likes to be liked even if hes acting this way subconsiously, bt for me to get over him, i just have tobre up contact for good,as everytime we talk my feelings come up ...
    andguess its similar for u. yet, stopping to stop talking to the omeon u like s easier said than done ...
    If only it were that simple, problem is, we are in the same social group, even though i have another group of friends that i hang out with, i also love hanging out with all of the people in our college group, so its difficult to avoid contact with her, plus i find it fairly easy to control my feelings around her, but its just afterwards i sometimes just get down about it, so really all of this is self control.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr meathead)
    If only it were that simple, problem is, we are in the same social group, even though i have another group of friends that i hang out with, i also love hanging out with all of the people in our college group, so its difficult to avoid contact with her, plus i find it fairly easy to control my feelings around her, but its just afterwards i sometimes just get down about it, so really all of this is self control.
    totally know what u mean... i could always controll my feelings quite well too, nd we would hang out together quite a bit,justthe two of us quite often too ... and stll no i just coulnt op talkng to him, as he is a amazing friend too ...

what guess would help too, is just finding someone else to date and then eventually u (and me) will get ove r it, but im afraid that i wont wanna date u i just have those feelings for him... well, time will tell i guess^^

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.