Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you get you 5 a day? watch

• View Poll Results: How many portions a day ...
    14.43%
    12.37%
    20.62%
    22.68%
    7.22%
    More than 5
    18.56%
    4.12%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Miss A*)
    i used to be OBSESSED with getting my five a day and used to eat about 8 just in case...these days, i barely manage one..
    Hahaha exactly the same here!

ReputationRep:
    I usually get 4 or 5. Most days we have 2 types of veg with dinner and on a normal day I'll have 2 or 3 pieces of fruit.

ReputationRep:
    my diet is entirely plant-based.. so aslong as i dont live off chips, bread and rice i tend to get way more than my 5 a day.

ReputationRep:
    I get around 0.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any good tips to getting a 5-a-day while at uni? I struggle to do so.

Sometimes I buy fruit like bananas, kiwi, etc. and have 1 a day, then I have fruit juice regularly, so that's 2. If I'm lucky I'll have a meal such a fish and chips which I can have a portion of frozen veg or soup which has veg in it, but apart from that I tend to get hardly any . I'm not the best cook so unsure what to make with veg.

ReputationRep:
    fruit yoghurts
    The Nature Addicts fruit pouches are also nice to eat while you're out and about. Some cereal bars have fruit in too and most towns seem to have smoothie or juice bars these days
    Try to eat vegetarian at least twice a week too - nobody needs to eat meat and fish every day. I have some veggie recipes if you need some

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris4)
    Anyone got any good tips to getting a 5-a-day while at uni? I struggle to do so.

Sometimes I buy fruit like bananas, kiwi, etc. and have 1 a day, then I have fruit juice regularly, so that's 2. If I'm lucky I'll have a meal such a fish and chips which I can have a portion of frozen veg or soup which has veg in it, but apart from that I tend to get hardly any . I'm not the best cook so unsure what to make with veg.

Fry some onions and mushrooms with your burger and squirt some ketchup on it. That's 3 right there.

Have a double vodka and lime. Because its a double it counts as 2 more. Done!

ReputationRep:
    Never! I honesty really just don't eat veg. I eat lots of fruit, but I have never really eaten veg. I just don't like it, I wish I did because I really hate being picky, but I get all my multi vitamins, so I am good and healthy

ReputationRep:
    More than 5 most days. I am at uni, and I swear most of my money goes on fresh fruit and veg. It's sad but true.

ReputationRep:
    3+ really

ReputationRep:
    I forgot cider was 1 of my 5-a-day ^_^ I drink that often.

Edit: Oh nvm, it doesn't.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.