Turn on thread page Beta

Would you go out with a disabled person? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've never had a girlfriend before but I have been told by many girls I have a nice personality and that I'm clever. Are they lying when they say this? Because I have never come close to having a girlfriend because I'm disabled

ReputationRep:
    is there anyone out there that would?

ReputationRep:
    i would
    its confidence people care about
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    i've dated someone with spina bifida (he didnt use a wheelchair though).

like didgeridoo said, it's about confidence, and that is exactly hy i dumped him. he had no confidence and was a fun sponge.

ReputationRep:
    Yessss
    personality that counts
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    What exactly is your disability?

I'd be perfectly prepared to, as long as they were fun to be around. If I was more of a carer than a boyfriend, no chance.

ReputationRep:
    Depends.

ReputationRep:
    I might consider it but it'd take convincing. I once saw this one girl in america who was really hot - but she was born with no arms. She learned to use her feet for everything and the best thing she had a nice boyfriend in high school aswell. She looked like a fun, optimistic girl none the less so I suppose as long as the personality is there then disabilites can be looked over.

Good example - the hunch back of notredame. or Beauty and the beast :P

ReputationRep:
    No offense, if the personality is good then i'd consider it, but having people stare in the streets and whispering would put me off. I'm really self conscious though.

ReputationRep:
    It depends what the disability is. I am partially sighted and could not go out with anyone who required me to be their carer.

ReputationRep:
    To see how it's done, look no further than House, M.D.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    What exactly is your disability?

I'd be perfectly prepared to, as long as they were fun to be around. If I was more of a carer than a boyfriend, no chance.
    Because of a blood problem when I was young doctors had to amputate both my legs. There is a photo in my profile.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Lukerchenko)
    Because of a blood problem when I was young doctors had to amputate both my legs. There is a photo in my profile.
    It's obviously initially disconcerting, but it certainly wouldn't put me off once I got to know you. (I'm actually more disconcerted by the fact that you're wearing a tracksuit and smoking. )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chevman)
    If I were a gal I would'nt be averse to the idea of dating you,not out of pity for your disability though!
    Personally, I would hate anyone to do this to me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.