Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GIRLS: why is it you want a guy to be taller than you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    This is in response to a previous thread.....I was just wondering, and i'm not trying to generalize or anything like that.... Girls wanting their partners to be to be taller than them is something that most ppl just accept but recently i've wondered why???........why do gils like taller guys???(obviously it varies frm girl to girl) but in general?

ReputationRep:
    If a guy was shorter than me, there'd be something wrong with him. Anyway it's just what nature intended and looks and feels weird otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    From what i know, girls feel protected & safe with a taller bigger man.

ReputationRep:
    Hm, I think it's 'cause of a 'protection' element. like shorter guys might be strong enough for protection too but a taller guy is generally a safe bet (I think this is subconscious stuff though). Also, personally if a guy was shorter than me, I'd begin to feel like his mother (just a default setting and this one might just be me).

EDIT: also, isn't height an indication to testosterone levels or something? (not sure)

ReputationRep:
    'cause I'd rather him get neckache from leaning down to kiss me

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm almost 6"ft tall so I can't really be too choosy but doubt I would go for anyone too short. I don't know I guess it's cos girls are usually attracted to the "manly man" and the taller you are, the more manly you are, also you feel more protected with a tall guy. Most girls like their guys to be all "big and strong" and I guess small guys seem more pathetic and more girly. I don't know, it's never bothered me that much because I would so go out with a short guy I would just prefer him tall, I'm not shallow though. My sister is funny, she is also tall and is completely unattracted to any guy shorter than her... maybe you should ask her

ReputationRep:
    Tall guys are yum! :love:

ReputationRep:
    Something to do with being protective. We should have moved on from this primitive sub-concious thinking to judging a person from what he/she/is is mentally than physically.

ReputationRep:
    taller men have big...the proper real lasses will finish it off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gueirguiy)
    This.
    Plus they're fun to hug.
    And when you have to go on tippy toes to kiss them. So adorable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanShawcross)
    This, of course!

(Original post by Gueirguiy)
    Though on a more serious note I think it's more likely this. Also, it's just more "socially acceptable", stupid but true. As long as he's not shorter I don't mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkspiders)
    This.
    Plus they're fun to hug.
    And when you have to go on tippy toes to kiss them. So adorable.
    this ...

and by any chance, are u relatively short op and getting depressed??

I don't think I'd mind tbfh. But difference in height on a grand scale (whatever sex is shorter) is quite awkward I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanShawcross)
    Egos?

ReputationRep:
    because ...i love it when i hug the guy and my head rests on his chest...or when i can bury my head in his chest..and the tip-toeing part to kiss...:yes: :lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    Looks better and the hugs are all cosy

ReputationRep:
    it sure feels good to be 6ft2 right about now.

In my book, you're not a man unless you're 6ft and above.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to have to lean down to kiss a guy... it just seems wrong....

But I'd happily date a guy the same height as me, and actually prefer guys close to me in height than really tall guys (i.e. 5'6'' - 5'10'' is perfect). I don't agree with the whole taller guys making me feel more protected, I find it intimidating and uncomfortable.

Hugs from a guy my own height are much better, our bodies fit together nicely and we make much cuter couples. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    Something to do with being protective. We should have moved on from this primitive sub-concious thinking to judging a person from what he/she/is is mentally than physically.
    Personally i don't think the meaning of move on has benefits as it would mean that we as humans might become something other than humans. It is not primitive it is humane the way of nature.

I wan't my girl to be short as i want to look superior, dominating and stronger than her as to make her respect me and show her that she is safe within my arms. BTW we humans are surprisingly primitive we socialize to mate, we don't marry to get more partners and reproduce faster and our bodies go as far as to make s3x ultimate enjoyment so we are surefire to reproduce.

ReputationRep:
    Because at least one of us needs to be able to reach the top shelf.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.