Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GIRLS: why is it you want a guy to be taller than you? watch

ReputationRep:
    it's the same for both sexes i think. i generally don't find taller girls attractive. hmm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennloves...)
    because ...i love it when i hug the guy and my head rests on his chest...or when i can bury my head in his chest..and the tip-toeing part to kiss...:yes: :lovehug:
    This :love:

(Original post by Trouser Snake)
    it sure feels good to be 6ft2 right about now.

In my book, you're not a man unless you're 6ft and above.
    In my book, you're not a man unless you're 6ft5. Sorry, I guess you're not a man.

ReputationRep:
    it sure feels good to be 6ft2 right about now.

In my book, you're not a man unless you're 6ft and above.
    I'm sure having achieved nothing feels great. Nice one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stratos)
    Personally i don't think the meaning of move on has benefits as it would mean that we as humans might become something other than humans. It is not primitive it is humane the way of nature.

I wan't my girl to be short as i want to look superior, dominating and stronger than her as to make her respect me and show her that she is safe within my arms. BTW we humans are surprisingly primitive we socialize to mate, we don't marry to get more partners and reproduce faster and our bodies go as far as to make s3x ultimate enjoyment so we are surefire to reproduce.
    Well, we're already advanced animals. What's stopping us from advancing ourselves? Besides, having a partner is about more than just dominating her. I could have a gun and still be safe! I wouldn't say it'sprimitive either, I'd say it's unique as we have just moved on from being a link in the animal kingdom. Animals forego monogamous relationships to spread their DNA to as many partners as possible in order to reproduce. That's a basic function, whereas we look for much much more than just a partner who can ruffle their feathers larger, billow their cheeks larger and sing more elegantly.

The human race has to have excpetions in some places. If everything was done the same way, then what would be the point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackVenom321)
    This is in response to a previous thread.....I was just wondering, and i'm not trying to generalize or anything like that.... Girls wanting their partners to be to be taller than them is something that most ppl just accept but recently i've wondered why???........why do gils like taller guys???(obviously it varies frm girl to girl) but in general?
    Guys are generally shorter than girls incase you haven't noticed. It looks unusual to see a guy walking around with a girl that is taller than him. No one wants to look weird in public.

There's also the fact that humans are automatically attracted to certain characteristics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    In my book, you're not a man unless you're 6ft5. Sorry, I guess you're not a man.
    6ft5 is lanky, and incompatible with most women's heights guess that's why you chose to keep anonymous. Good choice, (unless you are actually bellow 6ft and have sour grapes).

ReputationRep:
    6ft5 is lanky, and incompatible with most women's heights guess that's why you chose to keep anonymous. Good choice, (unless you are actually bellow 6ft and have sour grapes).
    Nice try at the neg rep, pal. It didn't have any effect on my rep score. Thanks anyway though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel4fun4u)
    I'm sure having achieved nothing feels great. Nice one!
    I've achieved a great height and it feels spectacular, and women love me for it. Don't shed a tear midget.

ReputationRep:
    Because we like to feel like children :teeth:

Seriously, guys are just naturally taller so its abnormal to have one that's shorter. Plus I'm sure there's something to do with feeling all protected and whatever; it's not natural for the woman to feel like the physically larger one in the relationship. However I've seen a few successful relationships with a short guy/tall girl, and my boyfriend is just about the same height as me and we're fine, so there are exceptions to the rule. It's just a preference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel4fun4u)
    Nice try at the neg rep, pal. It didn't have any effect on my rep score. Thanks anyway though.
    I never negative reped you nor would i want to, nor do i even care what it is. But keep going for that all time high score I'm sure it'll make a great eulogy on your headstone.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is shorter than me, I don't have a problem with it, I still love him :love: I guess with a taller guy you feel cuter, smaller, more girly. I wear heels and stuff when I'm with him still, he doesn't mind. I personally wouldn't like a particularly tall guy, wouldn't like being looked down on.

(Original post by RyanShawcross)
    taller men have big...the proper real lasses will finish it off
    And I can assure you height has nothing to do with anything. My boyfriend has got more than enought to satisfy me thank you very much!

ReputationRep:
    Tall guys I would presume had generally longer arms, wider shoulders, longer torsos. Nom. Someone shorter than you just seems boyish tbh.

ReputationRep:
    So they can help me reach things from the top cupboard.

ReputationRep:
    any shorter than me and I'm fairly sure he'd be a dwarf. not my scene.

ReputationRep:
    cuddling is generally not as nice with a really short guy. but then its the same for really really tall guys too.

ReputationRep:
    I never negative reped you nor would i want to, nor do i even care what it is. But keep going for that all time high score I'm sure it'll make a great eulogy on your headstone.
    Witty stuff, hero. No wonder the ladies love you so much.

ReputationRep:
    I think with a guy your height or shorter they need to be pretty confident in themselves otherwise it's annoying when they moan because you're wearing heels and are taller than them! I don't particularly fancy people because of their height but it's nice to have someone taller than you because you just instinctively feel more protected.

Funnily enough, I was wondering a similar thing with why it's thought of as really weird if girls have a relationship with a younger man. Where did the idea come from that the man should be older? Maybe that's another thread...

ReputationRep:
    I'm just over a foot taller than my gf.

It's actually kind of cool in some ways but it can really be a bit of a pain in the neck. I love her to bits but I don't think I'd ever want this amount of height difference with any future partners if things don't work out.

It does make me laugh though, I bet tall girls hate her for stealing one of the few guys they would look okay with!

ReputationRep:
    Being nearly 5'9 I would feel akward with a shorter man (especially when wearing heels). As others said before it's all about feeling protected, the tip-toeing when kissing, when dancing and the right proportions of a larger frame. I've been with someone that was just a bit taller than me and I had to keep in mind to leave my heels at home. For most, wanting a tall man is something that is deeply inbred.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.