Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GIRLS: why is it you want a guy to be taller than you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Genetics!!!! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    Well, we're already advanced animals. What's stopping us from advancing ourselves? Besides, having a partner is about more than just dominating her. I could have a gun and still be safe! I wouldn't say it'sprimitive either, I'd say it's unique as we have just moved on from being a link in the animal kingdom. Animals forego monogamous relationships to spread their DNA to as many partners as possible in order to reproduce. That's a basic function, whereas we look for much much more than just a partner who can ruffle their feathers larger, billow their cheeks larger and sing more elegantly.

The human race has to have excpetions in some places. If everything was done the same way, then what would be the point?
    i certainly agree and see your point that the meaning of safe is in the context of physical safety but I am describing mental safety and peace which is brought by having a strong male next to a female the female feels safer and can be dependant not being afraid whereas owning a gun certaintly provides you with a degree of physical sadety and defense against pursuers/stalkers and thugs but the woman will still be mentally scared maybe even traumatized.

Therefore I think a strong male makes a woman less cline to mental inbalance and makes the woman show more of her self in a natural and beautifull way within a barrier of safety and unleaking purity,

ReputationRep:
    cos then they can give you the best hugs/cuddles cos they can pull you into their chest and if the guy is too small then it would be the other way about and not everyone is a hardcore motorboater.

ReputationRep:
    I think part of it has to do with a self-image of femininity. On average, guys are usually larger than girls. So, if you are taller than your boyfriend, part of your brain goes off, saying "AH I'm more guyish than my boyfriend!"

Which, yeah, sounds ridiculous in writing, but in a person's head, things can be built up to heights that are hard to imagine.

Of course, this is just my opinion. A girl likes to feel like a girl, in much the same way guys like being guyish. You know what I mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    Egos?

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    its a psychological thing. we like to feel we're 'protected'

personally, i think the taller the guy, the more testosterone. more masculine etc. hence the attraction

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. I'm in a relationship where my girlfriend is taller than me. It has never been a problem to her. I think SOME girls are too picky and stereotypical. Size is not an issue with relationships, neither is race or gender for that matter. what is important is the love that you have for each other and how you feel with the person, the true person inside, not HOW TALL THEY ARE.

ReputationRep:
    Also all this **** about "It feels cuter and looks better" Get a grip. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    As long as he's not a midget :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike20491)
    Hmm. I'm in a relationship where my girlfriend is taller than me. It has never been a problem to her. I think SOME girls are too picky and stereotypical. Size is not an issue with relationships, neither is race or gender for that matter. what is important is the love that you have for each other and how you feel with the person, the true person inside, not HOW TALL THEY ARE.
    And longer legs :p: Heels must be bad for you though lol

ReputationRep:
    You just look so much cuter together if he is slightly taller than you....

ReputationRep:
    You can't explain it in terms of conscious choices women make - it's a genetic predisposition, the same way that men like perky breasts and a low waist to hip ratio.

Also, epic fail by the guy getting annoyed at how 'superficial' it is to like taller men and that you should like the 'person inside'. He can have all the fat, ugly chicks with lovely personalities while those of us with a modicum of sense get with fitties.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.white.rabbit)
    You just look so much cuter together if he is slightly taller than you....
    Why do you care what other people think though? Surely your relationship would be dependent on how you feel together as a couple not what other people think. What you said above is just vain. Really vain. :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Well.
    Why do guys want girls to be smaller than them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    And longer legs :p: Heels must be bad for you though lol
    I will be honest and say that heels are a problem But I love her so I don't care, and neither does she

ReputationRep:
    Why do you care what other people think though? Surely your relationship would be dependent on how you feel together as a couple not what other people think. What you said above is just vain. Really vain. :eek3:
    Good point. I Like your honesty and confidence in yourself.
    This is what gets you a good girl.

ReputationRep:
    I like it, makes me feel more protected. I find it attractive when a guy is taller. I'd rather stand close to his chest than the other way around when he's 2 foot shorter than me...just general preference.

ReputationRep:

Ok i admit its a little vain, but don't tell me that you are only interested in a girls personality and don't care about looks at all - everyonce does...i don't care what other people think, but what i think is that i am more attracted to someone that is taller than me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_P)
    Good point. I Like your honesty and confidence in yourself.
    This is what gets you a good girl.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phantomsimmer)
    I like it, makes me feel more protected. I find it attractive when a guy is taller. I'd rather stand close to his chest than the other way around when he's 2 foot shorter than me...just general preference.

I know what you mean, it makes a guy seem more manly...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.