Turn on thread page Beta

GIRLS: why is it you want a guy to be taller than you? watch

ReputationRep:
    What gets me is, that some people in here sound like they would be prepared to chuck a guy that they really like or not consider a really nice guy beause your slightly taller than him. It's absurd, really.

ReputationRep:
    cause we dont want a guy shorter than us =)

ReputationRep:
    My bf's 6foot7 so I can't even remember what it's like dating a shorter guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike20491)
    I will be honest and say that heels are a problem But I love her so I don't care, and neither does she
    Aww that's sweet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.white.rabbit)

Ok i admit its a little vain, but don't tell me that you are only interested in a girls personality and don't care about looks at all - everyonce does...i don't care what other people think, but what i think is that i am more attracted to someone that is taller than me...
    very well. I hope you fall for a short ass and come to your freaking senses :p:

ReputationRep:
    very well. I hope you fall for a short ass and come to your freaking senses :p:
    You're being slightly defensive over short guys....is it becasue you're one yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    Aww that's sweet
    You say that, and I say.. I keep a stepping stool in my room for me too stand on when she's blowing me off. :eek3: Sorry, it's just my sense of humour, obviously I don't.. *thinks of another disgusting joke* I'm on a roll tonight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.white.rabbit)
    You're being slightly defensive over short guys....is it becasue you're one yourself?
    Haha. No not at all. I'm 5 foot 9. I just think that people are too stereotypical and vain. If you like someone enough height is the least of your worries.

ReputationRep:
    Because I'm only 5'2" (AND A HALF!) and, well... that could be a bit odd. :P

ReputationRep:
    You say that, and I say.. I keep a stepping stool in my room for me too stand on when she's blowing me off. :eek3: Sorry, it's just my sense of humour, obviously I don't.. *thinks of another disgusting joke* I'm on a roll tonight
    :rofl: Love to hear the disgusting joke :p:

ReputationRep:
    Haha. No not at all. I'm 5 foot 9. I just think that people are too stereotypical and vain. If you like someone enough height is the least of your worries.
    oh right....fair enough i get where you're coming from, and don't get me wrong even though i would prefer to go out with a guy that was taller than me, i wouldn't not go out with a guy that i liked just because he was shorter than me.......check my avtar that should show my acceptance towards shorter guys...

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: Love to hear the disgusting joke :p:
    Ok. If your sure. Continues. Obviously I don't... I keep the stool for the children, not for me obviously.

ReputationRep:
    Aslong as they are over 5ft6 its all good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambielina)
    Because I'm only 5'2" (AND A HALF!) and, well... that could be a bit odd. :P
    Is that short or what? I dont know those friggin measurements

Short girls are nice though , but I don't care much about height myself.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Because any man shorter than me would look more like a little boy than a man. I am not attracted to little boys.

ReputationRep:
    Ok. If your sure. Continues. Obviously I don't... I keep the stool for the children, not for me obviously.
    :rofl: Not bad lol

So how long have you and this girl been going out?

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: Not bad lol

So how long have you and this girl been going out?
    Uhm.. 2 months or so now. It's been going great

ReputationRep:
    the animalistic desire to be dominated perhaps ? who knows......

ReputationRep:
    Well if you think about it the other way round, I don't think many guys would actively go for a girl who was much taller than him... (in general).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_P)
    Is that short or what? I dont know those friggin measurements

Short girls are nice though , but I don't care much about height myself.
    158cm, if that works better for you. :P And, eh hem, rather on the small side, yes.

I'm almost certain I read a NewScientist article on this a while back; I think they did a few regarding height and attraction, as well as age.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.