Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GIRLS: why is it you want a guy to be taller than you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What gets me is, that some people in here sound like they would be prepared to chuck a guy that they really like or not consider a really nice guy beause your slightly taller than him. It's absurd, really.

ReputationRep:
    cause we dont want a guy shorter than us =)

ReputationRep:
    My bf's 6foot7 so I can't even remember what it's like dating a shorter guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike20491)
    I will be honest and say that heels are a problem But I love her so I don't care, and neither does she
    Aww that's sweet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.white.rabbit)

Ok i admit its a little vain, but don't tell me that you are only interested in a girls personality and don't care about looks at all - everyonce does...i don't care what other people think, but what i think is that i am more attracted to someone that is taller than me...
    very well. I hope you fall for a short ass and come to your freaking senses :p:

ReputationRep:
    very well. I hope you fall for a short ass and come to your freaking senses :p:
    You're being slightly defensive over short guys....is it becasue you're one yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    Aww that's sweet
    You say that, and I say.. I keep a stepping stool in my room for me too stand on when she's blowing me off. :eek3: Sorry, it's just my sense of humour, obviously I don't.. *thinks of another disgusting joke* I'm on a roll tonight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.white.rabbit)
    You're being slightly defensive over short guys....is it becasue you're one yourself?
    Haha. No not at all. I'm 5 foot 9. I just think that people are too stereotypical and vain. If you like someone enough height is the least of your worries.

ReputationRep:
    Because I'm only 5'2" (AND A HALF!) and, well... that could be a bit odd. :P

ReputationRep:
    You say that, and I say.. I keep a stepping stool in my room for me too stand on when she's blowing me off. :eek3: Sorry, it's just my sense of humour, obviously I don't.. *thinks of another disgusting joke* I'm on a roll tonight
    :rofl: Love to hear the disgusting joke :p:

ReputationRep:
    Haha. No not at all. I'm 5 foot 9. I just think that people are too stereotypical and vain. If you like someone enough height is the least of your worries.
    oh right....fair enough i get where you're coming from, and don't get me wrong even though i would prefer to go out with a guy that was taller than me, i wouldn't not go out with a guy that i liked just because he was shorter than me.......check my avtar that should show my acceptance towards shorter guys...

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: Love to hear the disgusting joke :p:
    Ok. If your sure. Continues. Obviously I don't... I keep the stool for the children, not for me obviously.

ReputationRep:
    Aslong as they are over 5ft6 its all good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambielina)
    Because I'm only 5'2" (AND A HALF!) and, well... that could be a bit odd. :P
    Is that short or what? I dont know those friggin measurements

Short girls are nice though , but I don't care much about height myself.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Because any man shorter than me would look more like a little boy than a man. I am not attracted to little boys.

ReputationRep:
    Ok. If your sure. Continues. Obviously I don't... I keep the stool for the children, not for me obviously.
    :rofl: Not bad lol

So how long have you and this girl been going out?

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: Not bad lol

So how long have you and this girl been going out?
    Uhm.. 2 months or so now. It's been going great

ReputationRep:
    the animalistic desire to be dominated perhaps ? who knows......

ReputationRep:
    Well if you think about it the other way round, I don't think many guys would actively go for a girl who was much taller than him... (in general).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_P)
    Is that short or what? I dont know those friggin measurements

Short girls are nice though , but I don't care much about height myself.
    158cm, if that works better for you. :P And, eh hem, rather on the small side, yes.

I'm almost certain I read a NewScientist article on this a while back; I think they did a few regarding height and attraction, as well as age.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.