Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GIRLS: why is it you want a guy to be taller than you? Watch

cos short guys are ugly. Daniel Radcliffe yuck! :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambielina)
    158cm, if that works better for you. :P And, eh hem, rather on the small side, yes.

I'm almost certain I read a NewScientist article on this a while back; I think they did a few regarding height and attraction, as well as age.
    Thanks.

Thats awesome height, really cute :o:.
    Last girl I was with was 157 cm =).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike20491)
    Uhm.. 2 months or so now. It's been going great
    Awesome. Besides don't guys always want supermodel style girls, so a good thing I guess. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know... most girls just prefer taller guys.
    That said, I don't like anyone mega tall, I'm average height. I like a guy to be a bit taller than me even when I'm wearing heels. Makes you feel more feminine when he is taller and it's just nice. Feels right that way.

But look at people like Katie and Tom Cruise... he's tiny and she's tall, so depends on the people!

ReputationRep:
    i like to look up to him when kissing, also i can have my head on his chest protection

ReputationRep:
    Because women are, on average, shorter than men, so it feels like the natural order of things to want your man to be taller than you (even if he's relatively short).

Also, the hugs thing as others have said.

ReputationRep:
    its prejudice that short men have a small penis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by issih)
    Well I'm almost 6"ft tall so I can't really be too choosy but doubt I would go for anyone too short. I don't know I guess it's cos girls are usually attracted to the "manly man" and the taller you are, the more manly you are, also you feel more protected with a tall guy. Most girls like their guys to be all "big and strong" and I guess small guys seem more pathetic and more girly. I don't know, it's never bothered me that much because I would so go out with a short guy I would just prefer him tall, I'm not shallow though. My sister is funny, she is also tall and is completely unattracted to any guy shorter than her... maybe you should ask her

what a ridiculous statement in bold

ReputationRep:
    Because it would make me feel protected and safe. Plus, at 5ft2, it'd be quite hard to find a guy the same height/smaller than me :p: :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    In my book, you're not a man unless you're 6ft5. Sorry, I guess you're not a man.
    Woop! :woo:

JESUS. How the hell can a girl know if you are 5'10 or 5'11. WHAT a load of rubbish.

2.5 cm really makes that much of a difference. Christ, wearing trainers adds about an inch- normal every day trainers not those "fashionale" basketball llike "creps".

ReputationRep:
    I think what preeka said, that when a girl goes out with a shorter man it begins to feel quite maternal - the girls I know that go out with shorter guys are very much the mothering, controling types (not generalising btw).

ReputationRep:
    When I hug a guy smaller than me I feel like their mother.

ReputationRep:
    Isnt the general trend now that generations are on the whole getting taller so the tall mark is getting higher and higher.

At 6ft 3 I have never had anyone think of me as being too tall or anything but I guess that because I am not a skinny runt. Plus I think height also makes someone look older and often more imposing and protective to anyone else. Girls like older guys so height helps.

ReputationRep:
    ****.... i am 169 cm... too short and it seems that all the girls here like tall guys...

(Original post by FAILINGKID)
    ****.... i am 169 cm... too short and it seems that all the girls here like tall guys...
    Dont worry. I feel short too and Im 5'10.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really know to be honest.
    If I really loved a guy, though I wouldn't mind if he was a tiny bit smaller, or the same size.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind a guy to be an inch or so shorter, but taller guys make for better hugs. And make me look small and delicate, something that my 5'11 self is not used to feeling.

ReputationRep:
    Because if a guy was shorter than me, he'd be a midget. I don't mind how much taller a guy is than me, however. Two or three inches would be great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trouser Snake)
    it sure feels good to be 6ft2 right about now.

In my book, you're not a man unless you're 6ft and above.
    Age 26: strong fail.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.