The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Agony Aunt
When I hug a guy smaller than me I feel like their mother.

Ridiculous statement.
Preeka
Hm, I think it's 'cause of a 'protection' element. like shorter guys might be strong enough for protection too but a taller guy is generally a safe bet (I think this is subconscious stuff though). Also, personally if a guy was shorter than me, I'd begin to feel like his mother (just a default setting and this one might just be me).

EDIT: also, isn't height an indication to testosterone levels or something? (not sure)

Probably something along these lines.
Local_United_Fan
Age 26: strong fail.

I'm 25, Win win win win win.
Reply 103
BlackVenom321
This is in response to a previous thread.....I was just wondering, and i'm not trying to generalize or anything like that.... Girls wanting their partners to be to be taller than them is something that most ppl just accept but recently i've wondered why???........why do gils like taller guys???(obviously it varies frm girl to girl) but in general?

Well, I'm pretty damn tiny, and if a guy is shorter then WOAH! Not a great look, having said that I don't like giants :biggrin:
Trouser Snake
I'm 25, Win win win win win.

Still a pretty stupid thing to say.
I'm 5'2" so I'd be a little disturbed if I was dating a guy who was shorter than me....
Because it's manly?

Also, I'm about 5'5'', so it's not impossible to find a guy shorter than me, but it would still be weird. Also, I've found that when I do actually go for someone who is like 5'9'' or less, they act like *****. It's like negative conditioning, innit.
For me its purely a shallow and selfish reason.

I'm 175cm so I'm not short. I honestly feel that when I've been with someone shorter then me, or even roughly the same height I feel big. Not fat, just big. Its stupid I know but thats my view on it.

I like that my boyfriend is taller then me, cuddling is better that way....amongst other things
Any guy under 5,11 will never get a gf. Sorry lads, you're just unnatural, unmanly, bad at protecting and not nice to hug.
Reply 109
Protect me from rapists.

Unless he is the rapist, then :ahee:
Reply 110
Anonymous
cos short guys are ugly. Daniel Radcliffe yuck! :O

Words cannot be described to show just how big a sweeping statement that is. Congratulations.
I'm 6'5 and it's very rare I come across somebody taller, so when I do I must admit it's weird looking up a little. I can't imagine what it must be like to be short, and have to look up to a lot of people. Seems weirddd. :3

(i'm also single! :awesome:)
Do you girls feel extremely vulnerable when single? Or are you mostly the slightly insecure, needy types who are never out of a relationship?
Reply 113
Anonymous
Dont worry. I feel short too and Im 5'10.

Don't be silly! 5'10 is mucho tall enough. ^-^
Awesome-o
Do you girls feel extremely vulnerable when single? Or are you mostly the slightly insecure, needy types who are never out of a relationship?

I take it you mean the ones saying about taller than them = protection.
In answer to your question, no I don't feel vulnerable when single and neither am I constantly in a relationship. It's hard to explain - taller guys make you feel vulnerable (in a good, they are there to protect you way) so you feel safe with them - but you don't feel safe without them?!? I'm not making any sense :p: Well, I know what I mean, perhaps someone else will be able to describe it more coherently.
I'm 6'5 and have been reliable informed i do give good hugs :biggrin:

I have to say I feel like a colossus when I'm with a much smaller girl, not good. It's hard finding girls my height round here though. Must be something in the water. :frown:
I don't like hugging tall men.... There's just something really uncomfortable about hugging someone's belt buckle.
Ilora-Danon
I don't like hugging tall men.... There's just something really uncomfortable about hugging someone's belt buckle.

For me it's the reverse, can't hug short men and feel sensual about it. Shallow or not I can only truly fancy tall men.
i'd just feel like an idiot with a short boyfriend. like i was hanging out with my little brother or something.
To avoid comments like, "Aw, your son is so adorable".

Latest

Trending

Trending