Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GIRLS: why is it you want a guy to be taller than you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gueirguiy)
    From what i know, girls feel protected & safe with a taller bigger man.
    Spot on.

ReputationRep:
    I admire shorter men who are with statuesque women, says something about their character to have gone against the trend.

ReputationRep:
    because i'm 4ft 11.5" and a guy being shorter than me would look a bit ridiculous! besides, I want to be enveloped in his arms Love tall guys

ReputationRep:
    Haha, It's just on the subconscious mind of girls. I would obviously like a taller guy to bend down and hug me instead of a short one which i had to be the one bending when i need the 'protection' instead of him. And taller guys are mostly hotter

ReputationRep:
    I am seeing a guy at the minute and he's shorter than me, only by a little bit but I would prefer if he was taller or even just didn't slouch so he was the same height ha ha. Aslong as they aren't obviously smaller than me it doesn't bother me too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    Because:

a) Short guys have small ****s.
    b) Short guys have no testosterone like the post on first page pointed out.
    c) Manlets bring teh lulz.
    d) They have no fighting ability because height = fighting ability, durr.
    What is the short threshold?

ReputationRep:
    I love it when he presses me and I can smell his neck. :love:

Unfortunately, this means the guy has to be at least 6ft1/2, because I'm almost 5'10.

(Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    I love it when he presses me and I can smell his neck. :love:

Unfortunately, this means the guy has to be at least 6ft1/2, because I'm almost 5'10.

Such a girl....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Such a girl....
    Erm, you didn't have to go anon for that. It's hardly an insult. And zomg, yeah... I am a girl!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I agree with that_time. Having to kiss downwards feels a bit weird but being small myself I dont usually have that problem. I suppose it does depend on a girls height. Some girls might prefer a guy to be smaller so she doesnt have to wear heels or because she likes being the taller one. Everyones different. All my previous ex's were just above my height and I found that ok. But dont think all girls like guys to be taller cos they dont.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Local_United_Fan)
    Still a pretty stupid thing to say.

I'm taking it that you're referring to you're age outburst, if so, I agree whole heartedly.

ReputationRep:
    We like to dominate without feeling like we're bullying someone.

ReputationRep:
    I think the reason why girls like taller guys is sub-concious instinct. An animal's main aim in life is to reproduce and pass on it's genes. And to do this it selects the best male possible. A taller male would be more likely to survive in the wild, he must've had enough food to grow properly which might also show intelligence (in getting the food), and so he would have better genes to pass on to the offspring than a shorter male. So a taller male equals better offspring and so is more desirable.

And even though humans have evolved to a stage where you don't need to be tall to survive it is still a primitive instinct to choose a taller male over a shorter one.

Hard luck shorties :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennloves...)
    because ...i love it when i hug the guy and my head rests on his chest...or when i can bury my head in his chest..and the tip-toeing part to kiss...:yes: :lovehug:
    :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Personally i am 6'4", and to console the shorter people: at least you don't have to hear the "hows the weather up there" and "so when are you going to start playing basketball" jokes.

Still love being tall though

Also has anyone noticed that there are 4+ Mikes in this thread..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trouser Snake)
    I'm taking it that you're referring to you're age outburst, if so, I agree whole heartedly.
    (shudders)

25 and still confusing "you're" with "your". Time to call it quits on that so-called degree, tit.

If you even are a student that is. Wouldn't surprise me if you're just some working-class bell end who likes to perv on the profile pictures of 18 year olds.

ReputationRep:
    Well men are generally taller then women so it makes sense that women would generally be with a taller man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackVenom321)
    This is in response to a previous thread.....I was just wondering, and i'm not trying to generalize or anything like that.... Girls wanting their partners to be to be taller than them is something that most ppl just accept but recently i've wondered why???........why do gils like taller guys???(obviously it varies frm girl to girl) but in general?
    Because I think of boyfriends as being the protective one in the relationship.

It might sound stereotypical but you wouldn't expect the woman to scoop the man into her arms and flee from danger would you?

In th same way I like the man to be taller so that he looks like he could protect the lady :bigsmile: Might sound daft but this is honestly protection is something that is important to me in a relationship :o:

ReputationRep:
    We are bigger.

Yeah.

ReputationRep:
    Protection :ninjagirl: (and cosy hugs..)
    Leaning down to kiss a guy would be very weird too :dontknow:

And because i'm 5ft3 too so if a guy was smaller than me he'd be pretty small.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.