Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GIRLS: why is it you want a guy to be taller than you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'd find it somewhat emasculating if my gf was taller than me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Local_United_Fan)
    (shudders)

25 and still confusing "you're" with "your". Time to call it quits on that so-called degree, tit.

If you even are a student that is. Wouldn't surprise me if you're just some working-class bell end who likes to perv on the profile pictures of 18 year olds.
    Oh no! Resorting to grammar correction as a form of insult, that's really got me, boo hoo hoo I really do hope i can type everything correctly. Maybe I'll hire a proof reader.

Those who resort to correcting people's grammar because they can't find anything witty to reply with are the bell ends.

I have a 1st class honors degree and a masters which I'm guessing is more than what you have, oh and a beautiful girlfriend which I'm also guessing you will never have because you are a bitter midget without an ounce of wit. Goodbye.

ReputationRep:
    Thank god I'm 6ft......... feel sorry for short men.

ReputationRep:
    Because if he was shorter, he's be stupidly short and thats not attractive. Tall is attractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trouser Snake)
    Oh no! Resorting to grammar correction as a form of insult, that's really got me, boo hoo hoo I really do hope i can type everything correctly. Maybe I'll hire a proof reader.

Those who resort to correcting people's grammar because they can't find anything witty to reply with are the bell ends.

I have a 1st class honors degree and a masters which I'm guessing is more than what you have, oh and a beautiful girlfriend which I'm also guessing you will never have because you are a bitter midget without an ounce of wit. Goodbye.
    Lol what in? Film studies? It may be one grammatical error, but it suggests that you're a bit of a retard, as most ppl learn about that particular example when they're about 12.

As it goes I am the same height as you, with muscle and am seeing 3 girls. And everything that I say is true, lol.

You can't win mate, so why even bother?

ReputationRep:
    Lol what in? Film studies? It may be one grammatical error, but it suggests that you're a bit of a retard, as most ppl learn about that particular example when they're about 12.

As it goes I am the same height as you, with muscle and am seeing 3 girls. And everything that I say is true, lol.

You can't win mate, so why even bother?
    In graphic design, and no I'm not unemployed I run my own company after working 2 years at the worlds best advertising agency, have a mortgage free city center apartment and everything that I could want. Good luck trying to pick that apart.

I couldn't care less to know what you do because I can already tell you're on your way to making a full time tosser.

Talking grammar, there's no such word as 'ppl' in the English language, you're not texting on a mobile phone to save space you cretinous hypocrite.

You might be seeing three girls, but without their permission and through a pair of binoculars. It's hardly anything to be proud of.

I've already won, you just refuse to acknowledge it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trouser Snake)
    In graphic design, and no I'm not unemployed I run my own company after working 2 years at the worlds best advertising agency, have a mortgage free city center apartment and everything that I could want. Good luck trying to pick that apart.

I couldn't care less to know what you do because I can already tell you're on your way to making a full time tosser.

Talking grammar, there's no such word as 'ppl' in the English language, you're not texting on a mobile phone to save space you cretinous hypocrite.

You might be seeing three girls, but without their permission and through a pair of binoculars. It's hardly anything to be proud of.

I've already won, you just refuse to acknowledge it.
    ****** hell!!

From a rant containing this much anger I can only assume that,

a) You have a small penis
    b) Your bird is a minger

or

c) Both

Sucks brah.

ReputationRep:
    ****** hell!!

From a rant containing this much anger I can only assume that,

a) You have a small penis
    b) Your bird is a minger

or

c) Both

Sucks brah.

There was no anger, some pity (on your behalf) and a lot of self satisfaction maybe.
    It looks like you're running low on material now and resorting to bringing out your own insecurities, instead of making false assumptions go and seriously re-think your existence. . .You'll probably find some knives somewhere in the kitchen.

ReputationRep:
    I refuse to go out wit hsomeone shorter than me however cute, i want a tall protecting man with nice shoulders... dunnno i have a thing about shoulders

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'4 so I like the fact my bf is taller than me :p: Although I wish I were a little taller, but it's the sense of protection I suppose from a taller person

ReputationRep:
    I am about 6ft tall. My boyfriend is like 5'8. We've been together almost 3 years. I don't mind most of the time, but it hurts when idiots look at us like we've got three heads between us or something. It's really not that incredible an idea that height doesn't matter all that much.
    One time we got looked up and down by a girl in a shop, and she said to her friends "Why do tall people even go out with short people anyway?" as if it had anything to do with her, or as if height has anything to do with anything.

It does suck sometimes, because I am pretty uncomfortable in my own skin, and hate being so tall, but my boyfriend loves me just the way I am. I would love, love to be 5'6 and to feel small and protectable (not that that's a real word), but it just isn't going to happen.

When I was young and stupid I used to think "Oh, I'd never go out with someone shorter than me." but it really doesn't get you anywhere to be so shallow.

Sucks.

ReputationRep:
    lol so you can rest your head on their chest when you hug them and it feels nice so your arms curve nicely around their waist makes you look like you fit perfectly together haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SH777)
    Guys are generally shorter than girls incase you haven't noticed. It looks unusual to see a guy walking around with a girl that is taller than him. No one wants to look weird in public.

There's also the fact that humans are automatically attracted to certain characteristics.
    lul wuut?

Thats completely wrong in case you havent noticed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YerMah)
    what a ridiculous statement in bold
    Hey, I was just saying that's what some girls subconciously feel... I don't even think that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperKell)
    lul wuut?

Thats completely wrong in case you havent noticed.
    The hell it is. You say it's wrong without giving any evidence as to why. If you're disputing that the average guy is taller than the average girl then you're a complete moron.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SH777)
    The hell it is. You say it's wrong without giving any evidence as to why. If you're disputing that the average guy is taller than the average girl then you're a complete moron.
    Yes, yes you are a moran.

Guys on average are taller than females. Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperKell)
    Yes, yes you are a moran.

Guys on average are taller than females. Idiot.
    That is what I said in my original post you fool.

PS. You spelled moron wrong, even though I spelled it correctly in a previous post, all you needed to do was read it....

is this why you've got such bad rep?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    JESUS. How the hell can a girl know if you are 5'10 or 5'11. WHAT a load of rubbish.

2.5 cm really makes that much of a difference. Christ, wearing trainers adds about an inch- normal every day trainers not those "fashionale" basketball llike "creps".
    Finally someone with some sense.

What makes me laugh is that people always claim to being taller than they are aswell. The amount of "5 10/11" girls I've met that really aren't is untrue, and I know this based on my height.

The thing is, as above, an inch isn't distinguishable by looking at someone. If one is very slight for instance they seem shorter than they are. Just how this 'I'll settle for anything above X' attitude has come about I don't know.

I really do feel for short lads, it simply isn't fair.

ReputationRep:
    For the same reason that we guys want girls to be shorter than us, we're just the more physical gender so it makes sense.

(Original post by chris king)
    What makes me laugh is that people always claim to being taller than they are aswell. The amount of "5 10/11" girls I've met that really aren't is untrue, and I know this based on my height.
    Hah yeah, it's annoying when people just clearly lie about their height. Both genders are guilty though.

ReputationRep:
    Ive not met many men my height and none shorter. It would make me feel very odd to be looking down at a guy as Im just not used to it.

For taller girls I think its about feeling dainty and feminine in comparison.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.