Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Today i went to the bank and to deposit £100. The bank doesnt have a cashier so to pay in you need to put the £100, a pay in slip in and envelope, seal it and insert it into the machine. The machine will ask for you to put your card in and ive also asked for an acknowledgement note.

well, i was soooo stupid and forgot to include my pay in slip with the envelope so now theres just cash in the envelope with no pay in slip in it!

to hsbc employees or people who have experienced this problem before, what will happen? will i lose my money?

thanks (im probably the only person in the world to forget)

ReputationRep:
    No you won't lose your money, when they go to bank it they will notice there is no pay in slip. Just give the bank a call in the morning and explain your situation.

ReputationRep:
    Give the bank a call tomorrow morning and explain, then go along with your acknowledgement slip. You won't lose your money, when they go to sort it all out they'll notice there isn't a playing in slip with it. But do it ASAP.

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks for te replies,

i'll go asap tommorow with my acknowledgement slip and explain it to them because theres a help desk at my local branch.

ReputationRep:
    If you want them to know about it as soon as they come in tomorrow, ring 08457404404 tonight and ask for a message to be forwarded to the branch where you deposited the money. Give the call centre your sort code and account number. This way the branch will know what's happened and when they find the envelope with the cash they'll know what it is and expect you to be coming in. You won't have to explain it all on the shop floor and you're more likely to get a quick resolution to the problem.

You won't be able to talk to the branch direct, but the branch will be sent the message that you've called pretty much straight away on the internal messaging system.

I have experience of this, it works!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.