Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I had an interview a week ago. They didn't specify how long it would take for me to hear back, so i rang them up yesterday and they claimed they didn't know if i had been successful or not and have to play the waiting game. What do people make of this, likely or unlikely i will be offered a job?

ReputationRep:
    So last times disciplinary i didn't go due to the booking the meeting a couple of hours after i finish. This time, they sent me a letter for another displinary meeting for disscussing my "conduct namely absence" (what does that mean?) last time it only said "to dscuss your absence".

Anyway, they sent a letter telling me to come in on the 10th July 2009, thats already passed. Should i assume that its the 10th august 2009 or ignore it as its their mistake?

ReputationRep:
    LOL I had my WOW training on tuesday..........what a load of crap.........atleast got 1 hour extra pay and did not work on checkouts for 2 hours........thanks to "wow" Training......I wish they start these kind of trainings everyday..... I realised how much sainsburys are wasting on wow training........Maybe in millions.......Better give away extra bonus instead of useless training which we already know and deliver.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tokyorose888)
    So last times disciplinary i didn't go due to the booking the meeting a couple of hours after i finish. This time, they sent me a letter for another displinary meeting for disscussing my "conduct namely absence" (what does that mean?) last time it only said "to dscuss your absence".

Anyway, they sent a letter telling me to come in on the 10th July 2009, thats already passed. Should i assume that its the 10th august 2009 or ignore it as its their mistake?
    omg!!!! How many disciplinarys have u had till now? Every time I see u talk about one...... Anyways contact your dept manager regarding the letter in personal as its not worth talking to them on phone coz it goes above their head.

ReputationRep:
    Two more weeks of Sainsburys (& payday next friday I think yay)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geordie1990)
    Hi,

I had an interview a week ago. They didn't specify how long it would take for me to hear back, so i rang them up yesterday and they claimed they didn't know if i had been successful or not and have to play the waiting game. What do people make of this, likely or unlikely i will be offered a job?
    Hey,
    With me I called 5 days after my interview and was told they havent recieved the results yet and to call back in a couple of days, so I called then (making it a week after my interview) and was told I got the job!

If you get through to someone who simply says they will text or email you, say NO - please take a look on my file.

Make sure you have IRC reference handy.

ReputationRep:
    Just tonight, Sat on Monday before a whole week off, I'm FREE..for a week at least. Then no more holidays until January I hate how bad they are with holidays, it's disgusting. Oh well! I'll either be leaving or getting a dual contract at the end of this next school year, so all is good.

ReputationRep:

Could contact them whilst making a big show about how annoyed you are etc. to receive notice about disciplinary action yet they cannot get the date right etc. It might stir things up a little.

ReputationRep:
    *Resubscribing*
    Haha, I can't believe how long that other thread got!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkdonut)
    Hey,
    With me I called 5 days after my interview and was told they havent recieved the results yet and to call back in a couple of days, so I called then (making it a week after my interview) and was told I got the job!

If you get through to someone who simply says they will text or email you, say NO - please take a look on my file.

Make sure you have IRC reference handy.
    Yeah, i told them my reference number and they said my file hadn't been updated. I was just wondering if they will of already contacted the successful candidates and not the others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennifer.re)
    *Resubscribing*
    Haha, I can't believe how long that other thread got!
    I know lol and we are at 148 posts now in less than 24 hours .

We ought to have a little sweepstake - see who can correctly predict when this thread will reach the required 10,000 post cut-off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geordie1990)
    Yeah, i told them my reference number and they said my file hadn't been updated. I was just wondering if they will of already contacted the successful candidates and not the others.
    I think a lot of it is to do with how desperate the store is for staff. The store I applied to is very desperate and took me on less than 24 hrs after interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maxxie)
    Two more weeks of Sainsburys (& payday next friday I think yay)
    are you leaving?

if you are do you still take things seriously there(e.g : mcm ) ive seen some people give in their notice then they just muck arond and call in sick etc. lol i might do that but i doubt that they'll give me a good reference if i do

anyone know if they automatically give you a reference if you leave? and i know that i'll have to give in 4 weeks notice but are there any exceptions that can get you to leave earlier?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    are you leaving?

if you are do you still take things seriously there(e.g : mcm ) ive seen some people give in their notice then they just muck arond and call in sick etc. lol i might do that but i doubt that they'll give me a good reference if i do

anyone know if they automatically give you a reference if you leave? and i know that i'll have to give in 4 weeks notice but are there any exceptions that can get you to leave earlier?

thanks
    You could just leave. You'll just lose some pay and get a bad reference. But you might get a bad one anyway knowing Sainsbury's

ReputationRep:
    are you leaving?

thanks
    If you're due holiday still, you should be able to leave in a month minus your holidays? We had a girl leave recently & because she was owed 3 weeks holiday, she left within a week :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    If you're due holiday still, you should be able to leave in a month minus your holidays? We had a girl leave recently & because she was owed 3 weeks holiday, she left within a week :yes:
    I think you should be paid for those holidays though - as the law states you are entilted to be paid for any holidays you didn't use.

ReputationRep:
    Christ! We have another one!!
    Thank you for creating this!!
    The other one got rather hefty!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longorefisher)
    I think you should be paid for those holidays though - as the law states you are entilted to be paid for any holidays you didn't use.
    Oh yeh, of course if you leave by giving & doing 4 weeks notice they will pay you any holiday owed. But I think she struck up a deal to leave after a week & use the last 3 as holiday she was owed & obviously still got paid for 4 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Four nightshifts in a row, starting tomorrow. Bleh!

With regards to this 4 weeks notice thing: is that only after the first 3 months? Because I'll probably be handing in my notice at the beginning of September - having worked there for just over a month - with my last shift being around the 16th September. Do you think that'd be all right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quadruple_twist)
    Four nightshifts in a row, starting tomorrow. Bleh!

With regards to this 4 weeks notice thing: is that only after the first 3 months? Because I'll probably be handing in my notice at the beginning of September - having worked there for just over a month - with my last shift being around the 16th September. Do you think that'd be all right?
    If you had only been working there for a month then you will be in your probationary period and can leave at any time.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.