Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I had an interview a week ago. They didn't specify how long it would take for me to hear back, so i rang them up yesterday and they claimed they didn't know if i had been successful or not and have to play the waiting game. What do people make of this, likely or unlikely i will be offered a job?

ReputationRep:
    So last times disciplinary i didn't go due to the booking the meeting a couple of hours after i finish. This time, they sent me a letter for another displinary meeting for disscussing my "conduct namely absence" (what does that mean?) last time it only said "to dscuss your absence".

Anyway, they sent a letter telling me to come in on the 10th July 2009, thats already passed. Should i assume that its the 10th august 2009 or ignore it as its their mistake?

ReputationRep:
    LOL I had my WOW training on tuesday..........what a load of crap.........atleast got 1 hour extra pay and did not work on checkouts for 2 hours........thanks to "wow" Training......I wish they start these kind of trainings everyday..... I realised how much sainsburys are wasting on wow training........Maybe in millions.......Better give away extra bonus instead of useless training which we already know and deliver.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tokyorose888)
    So last times disciplinary i didn't go due to the booking the meeting a couple of hours after i finish. This time, they sent me a letter for another displinary meeting for disscussing my "conduct namely absence" (what does that mean?) last time it only said "to dscuss your absence".

Anyway, they sent a letter telling me to come in on the 10th July 2009, thats already passed. Should i assume that its the 10th august 2009 or ignore it as its their mistake?
    omg!!!! How many disciplinarys have u had till now? Every time I see u talk about one...... Anyways contact your dept manager regarding the letter in personal as its not worth talking to them on phone coz it goes above their head.

ReputationRep:
    Two more weeks of Sainsburys (& payday next friday I think yay)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geordie1990)
    Hi,

I had an interview a week ago. They didn't specify how long it would take for me to hear back, so i rang them up yesterday and they claimed they didn't know if i had been successful or not and have to play the waiting game. What do people make of this, likely or unlikely i will be offered a job?
    Hey,
    With me I called 5 days after my interview and was told they havent recieved the results yet and to call back in a couple of days, so I called then (making it a week after my interview) and was told I got the job!

If you get through to someone who simply says they will text or email you, say NO - please take a look on my file.

Make sure you have IRC reference handy.

ReputationRep:
    Just tonight, Sat on Monday before a whole week off, I'm FREE..for a week at least. Then no more holidays until January I hate how bad they are with holidays, it's disgusting. Oh well! I'll either be leaving or getting a dual contract at the end of this next school year, so all is good.

ReputationRep:

Could contact them whilst making a big show about how annoyed you are etc. to receive notice about disciplinary action yet they cannot get the date right etc. It might stir things up a little.

ReputationRep:
    *Resubscribing*
    Haha, I can't believe how long that other thread got!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkdonut)
    Hey,
    With me I called 5 days after my interview and was told they havent recieved the results yet and to call back in a couple of days, so I called then (making it a week after my interview) and was told I got the job!

If you get through to someone who simply says they will text or email you, say NO - please take a look on my file.

Make sure you have IRC reference handy.
    Yeah, i told them my reference number and they said my file hadn't been updated. I was just wondering if they will of already contacted the successful candidates and not the others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennifer.re)
    *Resubscribing*
    Haha, I can't believe how long that other thread got!
    I know lol and we are at 148 posts now in less than 24 hours .

We ought to have a little sweepstake - see who can correctly predict when this thread will reach the required 10,000 post cut-off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geordie1990)
    Yeah, i told them my reference number and they said my file hadn't been updated. I was just wondering if they will of already contacted the successful candidates and not the others.
    I think a lot of it is to do with how desperate the store is for staff. The store I applied to is very desperate and took me on less than 24 hrs after interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maxxie)
    Two more weeks of Sainsburys (& payday next friday I think yay)
    are you leaving?

if you are do you still take things seriously there(e.g : mcm ) ive seen some people give in their notice then they just muck arond and call in sick etc. lol i might do that but i doubt that they'll give me a good reference if i do

anyone know if they automatically give you a reference if you leave? and i know that i'll have to give in 4 weeks notice but are there any exceptions that can get you to leave earlier?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    are you leaving?

if you are do you still take things seriously there(e.g : mcm ) ive seen some people give in their notice then they just muck arond and call in sick etc. lol i might do that but i doubt that they'll give me a good reference if i do

anyone know if they automatically give you a reference if you leave? and i know that i'll have to give in 4 weeks notice but are there any exceptions that can get you to leave earlier?

thanks
    You could just leave. You'll just lose some pay and get a bad reference. But you might get a bad one anyway knowing Sainsbury's

ReputationRep:
    are you leaving?

thanks
    If you're due holiday still, you should be able to leave in a month minus your holidays? We had a girl leave recently & because she was owed 3 weeks holiday, she left within a week :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    If you're due holiday still, you should be able to leave in a month minus your holidays? We had a girl leave recently & because she was owed 3 weeks holiday, she left within a week :yes:
    I think you should be paid for those holidays though - as the law states you are entilted to be paid for any holidays you didn't use.

ReputationRep:
    Christ! We have another one!!
    Thank you for creating this!!
    The other one got rather hefty!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longorefisher)
    I think you should be paid for those holidays though - as the law states you are entilted to be paid for any holidays you didn't use.
    Oh yeh, of course if you leave by giving & doing 4 weeks notice they will pay you any holiday owed. But I think she struck up a deal to leave after a week & use the last 3 as holiday she was owed & obviously still got paid for 4 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Four nightshifts in a row, starting tomorrow. Bleh!

With regards to this 4 weeks notice thing: is that only after the first 3 months? Because I'll probably be handing in my notice at the beginning of September - having worked there for just over a month - with my last shift being around the 16th September. Do you think that'd be all right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quadruple_twist)
    Four nightshifts in a row, starting tomorrow. Bleh!

With regards to this 4 weeks notice thing: is that only after the first 3 months? Because I'll probably be handing in my notice at the beginning of September - having worked there for just over a month - with my last shift being around the 16th September. Do you think that'd be all right?
    If you had only been working there for a month then you will be in your probationary period and can leave at any time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.