Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Still not sure when to remind them of my term dates

I forgot to mention at my interview that in May my contract runs out and I'll be back in London until September. When does everyone think I shuld mention it?

Also, I want to go home during reading week and will be taking a day off of work. I want the whole week at home but that would mean taking two days... but I feel so bad about it, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AwesomelyPsycho)
    Still not sure when to remind them of my term dates

I forgot to mention at my interview that in May my contract runs out and I'll be back in London until September. When does everyone think I shuld mention it?

Also, I want to go home during reading week and will be taking a day off of work. I want the whole week at home but that would mean taking two days... but I feel so bad about it, lol.
    You need to tell your department manager as soon as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    I just wanted to big up Sainsburys, The driver rang today to say he would be late delivering my shopping by 20 minutes, I said no problem I'm going nowhere today. When he dropped my shopping off he also gave me a £10 off vouchers for my next online shop, by way of saying sorry!!!
    Bless him, I noticed there was a 6 pack of water missing after he had gone, so I rang online dept & one of the lads dropped it over to me syraight away.
    Marvelous service ey! D
    We always used to get a £10 voucher with our shopping, probably about 7 times out of 10 they were late, and we got free vouchers! I think it was because it came from a store that was about 30 mins away, but now we have closer stores that do online. We shop instore now though, so no £10 vouchers anymore lol
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'm super confused about my pay slip... What's short time? And I think I've been paid for more hours than I've actually worked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    I'm super confused about my pay slip... What's short time? And I think I've been paid for more hours than I've actually worked?
    Short time is when you are late for work or do not come to work and they take away some of your pay, I think if you are like 5 minutes late 15 minutes gets deducted from your pay and it increased with every 5 minute interval, if I remember well. hmm :|
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Short time is when you are late for work or do not come to work and they take away some of your pay, I think if you are like 5 minutes late 15 minutes gets deducted from your pay and it increased with every 5 minute interval, if I remember well. hmm :|
    Well I have short time of 5 hours or something ... Huh?! lol. I've never been late to work! I've only had 3 shifts and induction!!!

ReputationRep:
    Well I have short time of 5 hours or something ... Huh?! lol. I've never been late to work! I've only had 3 shifts and induction!!!
    Weird! wait!! maybe it was because you worked night shift on Saturday that they didnt pay you for when it went into sunday

Just a thought
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Weird! wait!! maybe it was because you worked night shift on Saturday that they didnt pay you for when it went into sunday

Just a thought
    Well I've got quite a bit of money (more than I was expecting actually) which suggests they DID pay me for all of it *confused* By the basic pay and under hours it says '60.00' but I haven't worked 60 hours yet...

ReputationRep:
    Well I've got quite a bit of money (more than I was expecting actually) which suggests they DID pay me for all of it *confused* By the basic pay and under hours it says '60.00' but I haven't worked 60 hours yet...
    Well it includes your induction as well.

How much hours did you work last week?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Well it includes your induction as well.

How much hours did you work last week?
    30! My induction wasn't any where near 30 hours ...

ReputationRep:
    30! My induction wasn't any where near 30 hours ...
    Weiiiirddd! what were your hours for induction?

If anything you should be very very happy I got paid all the money I didn't get last month so I am pretty pleased except I am already £100 poorer as that is going straight into my savings account for uni :rolleyes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Weiiiirddd! what were your hours for induction?

If anything you should be very very happy I got paid all the money I didn't get last month so I am pretty pleased except I am already £100 poorer as that is going straight into my savings account for uni :rolleyes:
    Umm I think I did about 15 hours in total So I don't know where the other 15 came from? not that it is 15 cos they've taken 5 off for short time... Should I just get someone at work to explain this slip to me? lol. I feel so dumb!

ReputationRep:
    Umm I think I did about 15 hours in total So I don't know where the other 15 came from? not that it is 15 cos they've taken 5 off for short time... Should I just get someone at work to explain this slip to me? lol. I feel so dumb!
    Hmmm it sounds like you have just been overpaid.

If you can go into your store during the day and go to HR so they can explain your payslip.

Unless you want to keep your extra money

I wont tell :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm it sounds like you have just been overpaid.

If you can go into your store during the day and go to HR so they can explain your payslip.

Unless you want to keep your extra money

I wont tell :p:

The thing is they may notice you have been overpaid and ask you to give the money back later in the month, so your best off going in and talking to HR when ou can and ask them to explain things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leighthesim)
    The thing is they may notice you have been overpaid and ask you to give the money back later in the month, so your best off going in and talking to HR when ou can and ask them to explain things.
    That is true, but the excuse could be "Oh, I didn't understand my payslip, didn't realise I was so overpaid, I thought I got paid for this week"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danpr)
    You need to tell your department manager as soon as possible.
    Then I risk losing the job, and I really need it at the moment. Plus, I read my contract and it says in the first 4 weeks that can dismiss me at any time with no notice and no reason. I was thinking of telling them after that.

ReputationRep:
    Thats probably because you hadn't worked your contracted hours for the full month. Don't worry its normal and next pay slip should show no short time if you go to all your contracted shifts. The important thing is that if you got paid the right amount for the hours you have done.

It's kinda hard to explain it over the internet but if your still confused go see your payroll department.

ReputationRep:
    Its also used for holiday. You will see on your Payslip they take it off as short time and then add it back on as Holiday pay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flipshot)
    Its also used for holiday. You will see on your Payslip they take it off as short time and then add it back on as Holiday pay.
    Oooh cool, I didn't know that

Can't wait til my holidays that is in a month's time!

ReputationRep:
    I am confused (AGAINN) lol my contract says permanent, I was told my job was permanent when offered and it said it when I applied however on my training pack there is a sheet saying when I will be getting trained and stuff over the next few weeks and it says Contract: 12 hours temp. I am just hoping it is a mistake :s lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.