Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If your contract says permanent, then it should be permanent.

ReputationRep:
    I will say to them at the induction tomorrow, im thinking its just a mistake when they were typing out the training times though.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Ooh, someone just explained to me what THEY think my pay slip means.

I am contracted for 30 hours a week, and I did two weeks and therefore was contracted for 60 hours (thus the 60 hours on my pay slip). Short time because I didn't do the 30 hours I'm contracted for in my induction week.

Makes much more sense, I think.

ReputationRep:
    I worked at sainsburys full time last year while I had a gap from education, I've gone back into studying and applied for a part time job at sainsburys (not the same store), I had the interview last wednesday and havent heard as of yet, how long did it take you guys to find out? Last time I think it took over a week, I really cant remember lol.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    It seems to vary, i found out in 2 hours, some people fine out in 2 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    I found out the next day.

ReputationRep:
    i've been overpaid big time.

the first week of this payslip is the week commencing 6th september right?
    if so, then i was on hols for the first 2 weeks, went back on 20th.
    contracted to 20 hours, so i was shorttimed 40 hours which is correct. but then basic pay is 80, then overtime x 1.0 is 39, and then overtime x 1.5 is 31, that makes it like iv'e worked 110 hours in 2 weeks, which i definitely haven't.

to be honest i don't know how many hours i worked but is nowhere near that. possibly at most 88 hours in 2 weeks.

actually hold on i might have been paid for not taking a lunch break? but that's only 12 hours more. :confused:
    gonn pop into HR on monday to query it

funny thing is this payslip is only £90 less than the previous one, when overtime each week, while this one had 2 weeks with no overtime, im so confuggled

(Original post by Lukely)
    Well, I knew my opinion would be controversial! I'm not by any means disputing what you or FXX say - would be bad of me to do that!

I agree, if you're going to post stuff, make sure it's as much of a TSR only alias as possible you use, and I wouldn't post it on Facebook...

But really, I guess, my arguement comes down to where DO you draw the line??

I think there's all this stuff about bosses having their colleagues on Facebook... and then the colleague posts something, the boss sees it 'cos that's what happens and then things go wrong!

People have to be careful not to add bosses etc...?
    It depends on what is being said on Facebook etc. If it says things on the lines of; 'I hate working at Painsbury's - f**king ****-hole!', then as a manager, naturally, I would be concerned. Yes, it's outside of work, but if someone can go as far as to say it's a ****-hole, I would have to consider the consequences their feelings would have on the ability for them to carry out the role. If someone hates it that much, chances are they aren't going to be 'going the extra mile' and thus, for the sake of MCM (and their bonus!) I would intervene!

I have my current and former boss on Facebook and I regularly engage with both of them. But then I don't hate my job or the customers I deal with to post such messages on there, but even if I did hold such views, I know Facebook isn't the place for them.

(Original post by Lukely)
    I wouldn't care as I say, because "brand damaging" behaviour... well customers do it themselves all the time! I know what you mean, colleagues shouldn't do it, but we do, often, without realising it don't we?

If someone says to you outside of work... "bet you hate working there as much as I hate shopping don't you?" of course a LOT of colleagues wouldn't hesitate to say yes!

See what I mean?

IN THE WORKPLACE... ABSOLUTELY NO! Don't knock your job, don't behave in a brand-damaging way...

Outside of work I maintain that "free speech" belief... if you don't like it, I think you should be allowed to say so... and how you want.

I believe if you went on a reviews site like pissed consumer and read reviews of supermarkets, they'll be mixed, and so on and so forth and are still potentially brand damaging.
    I guess we both hold different views on this. But personally, I couldn't tolerate employees '*****ing' about internal procedure and customers on blogs/forums etc.

If someone were to ask me if I hated working at xyz, I would of course be honest, but I still need to take into consideration my position.

Outside of work, I still think that you should remain professional. As much as I appreciate 'free speech', if it's all negative, I would have to (as perhaps a manager) question, why you remain working for xyz? It comes again, down to how your views would have an impact on your ability to do your job. I mean, if you work the (somewhat) graveyard shift, and you hated it and regularly make this clear via a tweet/blogposting etc, then if I as a manager saw it, I would have to question your commitment to the role/department. Because chances are your opinion will be reflected in your attitude towards customers etc, and if you hate it that much, you aren't going to be going 'the extra mile' and thus reducing our chances of passing the MCM.

It's the same thing with teachers etc being asked to make their Facebook private and removing students; because if I saw pictures of my tutor totally paralytic every Saturday, it would impact our professional relationship and I simply couldn't take him seriously any longer. And as a teachers role requires them to remain professional and maintain a professional relationship with their students, such actions, although in private, would affect this.

It's different with customers. I would expect them to hold an opinion etc, but naturally they're the ones that way our wages and as much as I would love to express my views about some of them, chances are the customers will simply turn to a competitor and then what? I would be made redundant.

(Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    I just wanted to big up Sainsburys, The driver rang today to say he would be late delivering my shopping by 20 minutes, I said no problem I'm going nowhere today. When he dropped my shopping off he also gave me a £10 off vouchers for my next online shop, by way of saying sorry!!!
    Bless him, I noticed there was a 6 pack of water missing after he had gone, so I rang online dept & one of the lads dropped it over to me syraight away.
    Marvelous service ey! D
    Lucky you! Don't you work in Online? It's cause you know people in high places! :yes:

I'm so annoyed that they couldn't get my discount card working online! :9

ReputationRep:
    Have induction days tomorrow and Sunday. What happens at them? I'm getting them in a store I won't be working at though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john_daniel)
    Have induction days tomorrow and Sunday. What happens at them? I'm getting them in a store I won't be working at though.
    I'm actually really nervous. I know that's stupid because I've had induction days before. But never 2 day inductions. I'm curious as to what we have to do. My job was onnly for the chilled section, but will they till train me too?

What can be so hard that it takes 2 days?

ReputationRep:
    All they do is talk at you, talk at you, then you might do a little game, then they talk at you.

I seem to have lost my locker key, a week after i paid for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Lucky you! Don't you work in Online? It's cause you know people in high places! :yes:

I'm so annoyed that they couldn't get my discount card working online! :9
    Why couldn't they? They should be able to do that?!
    Er, yes I do, but the late delivery vouchers are standard procedure & delivering the water, I thought they did that for everyone that had something missing off their shopping!??? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    So if i order online they will deliver it excatly when specified, unlike most places that just say "sometimes around june"

I might start ordering online, itll be a lot easier then me carrying stuff home from work all the time.

ReputationRep:
    I sooo want to work for Sainsburys I cant wait for them to post the temp jobs so I can try and get in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    So if i order online they will deliver it excatly when specified, unlike most places that just say "sometimes around june"

I might start ordering online, itll be a lot easier then me carrying stuff home from work all the time.
    Haha. You book an hour time slot. If they are late they ring you to ask if its ok. After getting the voucher for him being late today, I asked him to make a habit of it. I dont think they will though

(Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Why couldn't they? They should be able to do that?!
    Er, yes I do, but the late delivery vouchers are standard procedure & delivering the water, I thought they did that for everyone that had something missing off their shopping!??? :eek:
    I'm not quite sure what the reason given was. But it was something to do with conflicting profiles or something. I gave up in the end, the only thing I wanted was a TV, which I then found cheaper at Currys! (:p:)

I'm not sure on the policy with the vouchers, but if it's common then that's rubbish. I thought they would have been an additional perk to working at Sainsbury's! :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I love working for Sainsbury's.

That is all. Bed time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    I'm not quite sure what the reason given was. But it was something to do with conflicting profiles or something. I gave up in the end, the only thing I wanted was a TV, which I then found cheaper at Currys! (:p:)

I'm not sure on the policy with the vouchers, but if it's common then that's rubbish. I thought they would have been an additional perk to working at Sainsbury's! :p:
    I haven't found it yet!

ReputationRep:
    Umm I've also seemed to be overpaid, and I've only just finished my induction. Actually my 1st day of induction was on the cut off date for last payday. They sent me £130. I haven't received my payslip either so can't really check how they came to that figure.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.