Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Finally my uniform has come in!! I checked the list last night. But then I'm ill today so I'm not going in. Sad times. Will have to wait another week to feel the fleece-ness.

ReputationRep:
    I am not going to be a Sainsburys employee now.... I have taken a job at HMV instead for a few months....it is temp until after xmas but I can make a lot more money in that time than if I was at Sainburys as I am only working term time and would be off for a month at a time around xmas/easter...

We finished the shopping at 9 this morning, so I was stuck on BWS for a couple of hours. It wasn't that bad, the worst bit is dealing with customers when you don't know where anything is. It's like, "excuse me, where is <very french name> rose?" or something and I'm like :| err... I'll go and find out for you. It seems really unprofessional lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    We finished the shopping at 9 this morning, so I was stuck on BWS for a couple of hours. It wasn't that bad, the worst bit is dealing with customers when you don't know where anything is. It's like, "excuse me, where is <very french name> rose?" or something and I'm like :| err... I'll go and find out for you. It seems really unprofessional lol.
    lol i hate that, when i am doing the chilled juice it is by all the freezers and the normal juice and the bread (of course the only thing in that isle that i know what i am doing with is the chilled juice) and they ask me about all sorts of stuff, like ice cream and i don't know where the stuff in the freezer is really- i only tend to go in when i have to throw some meat away into the red animal waste bins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Dont worry, i worked on BWS for 9 months and could never find things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Dont worry, i worked on BWS for 9 months and could never find things.
    After a year at Sainsbury's, I discovered that bottles of wine have to print on the bottle where it was made. If you ask the customer where it was made and whether it is white or red wine, you can narrow it down to a 1.5m area to where the bottle will be.

It's a new found skill that I wish they told me about in induction - I used to spend hours looking for where the wine bottles go during returns >;[

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukely)
    Finally my uniform has come in!! I checked the list last night. But then I'm ill today so I'm not going in. Sad times. Will have to wait another week to feel the fleece-ness.
    The fleeces shrink in the wash. First day I got mine, it shrank - so now it dosen't fit me. I should probably get another one.

ReputationRep:
    anyone know when the temp jobs will be advertised?

(Original post by iranair777)
    anyone know when the temp jobs will be advertised?
    I'm not too sure about the ones that were supposedly being advertised through the Sun, but most (if not all) Sainsbury's positions, be it temp or perm, are advertised online: http://www.sainsburys-recruitment.co.uk

I don't think there is a set period when positions are advertised, because our local store always has new vacancies. It's a matter of checking whenever you can, because once they're up, they tend to go quick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    The fleeces shrink in the wash. First day I got mine, it shrank - so now it dosen't fit me. I should probably get another one.
    Its like extracting teeth though isn't it. I put down for a new one a couple of weeks ago. Will see on monday if my names on the list to pick it up. It wasn't last week. If it is, I will eat my hat, if I had one :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Its like extracting teeth though isn't it. I put down for a new one a couple of weeks ago. Will see on monday if my names on the list to pick it up. It wasn't last week. If it is, I will eat my hat, if I had one :yes:
    We have a room full of spare uniforms which are brand new - so we just ask and get it -shrug-

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear Foulish. :p:

To be honest with you, I probably wouldn't wash it? Unless I got something on it... because let's face it - it's not gonna need washing REALLY unless it gets really dirty. And I'll be wearing a polo shirt under it obviously...

Haha I don't think they'd like me having worked TOPLESS for a year!

Would be funny.

Maybe.

Not. :confused:

LOL

Anyway... apparently it's not socially acceptable to vomit on customers, hence I shall be saving the excitement of having a fleece for next week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    I'm not too sure about the ones that were supposedly being advertised through the Sun, but most (if not all) Sainsbury's positions, be it temp or perm, are advertised online: http://www.sainsburys-recruitment.co.uk

I don't think there is a set period when positions are advertised, because our local store always has new vacancies. It's a matter of checking whenever you can, because once they're up, they tend to go quick.
    so basically go and ask in store?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iranair777)
    so basically go and ask in store?
    Stores no longer accept Paper CV's and only deal with vacancies through their www.sainsburys-recruitment.co.uk and HRSS so WhereIsMyMind is saying to just patiently wait for vacancies to pop up on the website.

ReputationRep:
    We have a room full of spare uniforms which are brand new - so we just ask and get it -shrug-
    W must of used all ours up, because I remember the cupboard full of uniforms when I started there last year. Now we have to put down for them on a form outside HR & wait til our names are on the board to say we can collect them :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    After a year at Sainsbury's, I discovered that bottles of wine have to print on the bottle where it was made. If you ask the customer where it was made and whether it is white or red wine, you can narrow it down to a 1.5m area to where the bottle will be.

It's a new found skill that I wish they told me about in induction - I used to spend hours looking for where the wine bottles go during returns >;[
    Lol yeah i know that much. I know where all the poplular wines are, and pretty much know everything we sell, its just finding the more obscure ones.

ReputationRep:
    Finished my induction a little early

It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Did some workbooks, watched a few DVD's. I can definately see why mine's 8-6 both days.

Got my uniform, and it's all huge LOL! And I have a name badge :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Stores no longer accept Paper CV's and only deal with vacancies through their www.sainsburys-recruitment.co.uk and HRSS so WhereIsMyMind is saying to just patiently wait for vacancies to pop up on the website.
    ok, thanks
    Lets just hope vacancies come up

Woo, got some overtime tomorrow. Sundays are pretty much a guaranteed easy four hours these days.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I have no idea about the score on our uniform. I've noticed a sign saying we can have a look at some sample ones in one of the rooms though. :tongue:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.