Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AwesomelyPsycho)
    Finished my induction a little early

It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Did some workbooks, watched a few DVD's. I can definitely see why mine's 8-6 both days.

Got my uniform, and it's all huge LOL! And I have a name badge :P
    Really? Mine was worse. :dong: Aaaaand we actually finished two hours earlier than I was told by Recruitment.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Absurd)
    Really? Mine was worse. :dong: Aaaaand we actually finished two hours earlier than I was told by Recruitment.
    Why was it worse?

We finished 1.5 hours early on one day, but around the right times on the other two.

ReputationRep:
    Why was yours worse?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    Why was it worse?

We finished 1.5 hours early on one day, but around the right times on the other two.
    Why was yours worse?
    Well I knew it wasn't going to be the most thrilling thing ever, but... Yeah. More tomorrow. It wasn't that bad! The people are nice.

ReputationRep:
    Well I knew it wasn't going to be the most thrilling thing ever, but... Yeah. More tomorrow. It wasn't that bad! The people are nice.
    We had 6 people in our induction. I'll probably only ever see one again, as she's the only one working a day the same as me, and in my section too. Haven't met any other employees yet.

It wasn't that bad. We did taste tests, drawings...etc. Okay the DVD's weren't that great, but it wasn't terrible. What happened in yours?

ReputationRep:
    my fleece hasnt shrunk, because i follow the washing instructions

ReputationRep:
    We had 6 people in our induction. I'll probably only ever see one again, as she's the only one working a day the same as me, and in my section too. Haven't met any other employees yet.

It wasn't that bad. We did taste tests, drawings...etc. Okay the DVD's weren't that great, but it wasn't terrible. What happened in yours?
    There was quite a lot of us! Some of them I will see as we have similar hours but others are on different departments. DVDs, a tour. :o: None of the fun stuff! Did you get a talk from the union people? And do you have till/other training some time this week? (Do we get paid for till training? )

ReputationRep:
    (Do we get paid for till training? )
    yep/

ReputationRep:
    There was quite a lot of us! Some of them I will see as we have similar hours but others are on different departments. DVDs, a tour. :o: None of the fun stuff! Did you get a talk from the union people? And do you have till/other training some time this week? (Do we get paid for till training? )
    This Sainsbury's had split the group into three in advance, as their usual big room was busy. So the other's had already been. I liked our tour... but not the big freezers. Cold!

What union people?

We're not being till trained at all None of us are till people and they're not evn training us for it I think a different induction group were the tillers, hehe.

We get paid for it all :p: Yay! I've already started buying better food, now that I'll get more money. Even if it is still a month away.

The uniforms are just so big!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Yeah 6 people in our induction (inc me), one I work with every shift... I haven't seen three of the others but one finishes just as I'm starting on some shifts.

ReputationRep:
    I've been told today that I got 100% on the mystery customer, yay! :woo: Anyone know when I'll get my £10 voucher, d'ya think they'll just put it in my pigeon hole or what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iranair777)
    ok, thanks
    Lets just hope vacancies come up
    Don't worry they will, if I could remember from last year, vacancies should be popping up from late october/early november onwards. I remember applying for my first Sainsbury's job around early november and there were loooadsss of temp jobs there and when I got the job at started working there were loads of temps already working at my branch, so your wait for the temp vacancies shouldn't be long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    Yeah 6 people in our induction (inc me), one I work with every shift... I haven't seen three of the others but one finishes just as I'm starting on some shifts.
    I only work with one for half of my Saturday shift. I haven't had any chances to meet anyone else yet.

(Original post by teh_samby)
    I've been told today that I got 100% on the mystery customer, yay! :woo: Anyone know when I'll get my £10 voucher, d'ya think they'll just put it in my pigeon hole or what?
    Some one in our store got that too :p: I think it does go to your pigeon hole *cough* folder *cough*.

ReputationRep:
    Had my first part of my induction today so I managed to get there in time I found a good bus route! We haven't watched the DVDs yet, doing that tomorrow but it was quite fun. Shame I'm at a different store to everyone.

Starts at 12 tomorrow so that's good

ReputationRep:
    Just about to leave for my 2nd day. It's early

I tried on my trousers and noticed that, while fine when standng up, they seem to ride up when I sit down and show leg. So I might ask for longer leg length, and just used to them being too long when I stand. I could always fold them up.

The canteen's cool, though. 72p for a bacon sandwich :p:

Right, well I'm off. Today I actually look like an employee, haha.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Ooh, tried on the new uniform today (well, last night). I am not a fan of the colour really but oh well :woo:

ReputationRep:
    any guys on here got a pair of the new black sainsbury's uniform trousers? they've got a thin pocket down the leg and the logo on the waistband...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teh_samby)
    I'm not sure if it's an automatic thing to get handed vouchers for this?

I got 100% a few weeks back and just got a well done from my manager, and the deputy store manager.

ReputationRep:
    We automatically get a Shining Star if we get 100%, it usually gets given out in the huddle.

ReputationRep:
    My supervisor told me I would get one. I don't go to huddles though...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.