ReputationRep:
    huddles?? whats that?
    i am slightly confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leighthesim)
    huddles?? whats that?
    i am slightly confused.
    Morning/Afternoon meeting?
    All the managers and team leaders attend it.

ReputationRep:
    Our full store attend ours.

ReputationRep:
    Finished with my induction. Did a little test at the end, but the answers were still on the walls

Said goodbe to everyone, as I'll only see one of them again. My first day is on Wednesday I wish we'd been till trained But yay... got paid for them talking at us and watching DVD's

If you want to be till trained for some overtime, just speak to the checkout manager.

ReputationRep:
    any lads got a spare pair of the new trousers with the plum uniform? I need a spare pair 32 waist and will pay for them...any offers of help? cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    We automatically get a Shining Star if we get 100%, it usually gets given out in the huddle.
    Do you think theres any chance I'll still get one? I served the mystery customer and got 100% back in the last week of July and its now October. I did ask a supervisor last month and she said I should get one but still never did.

ReputationRep:
    Finally got my unsuccessful email after like 2 weeks :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by setmefree)
    Do you think theres any chance I'll still get one? I served the mystery customer and got 100% back in the last week of July and its now October. I did ask a supervisor last month and she said I should get one but still never did.
    I *think* its company policy, that if you score 100% you get a shining star as an incentive to give good service.

Anyone see the notices about colleague discount going to 15% from 22nd October til sometime after Christmas? I was hoping for 20 but I'll settle with 15% for three months :p:

We already have a huge thread for anything Sainsburys-related but...

Can't you just ask HR for an extra pair? Or heaven forbid and go out and buy some. No one is likely to have a spare pair because you only get one pair, and you have to give them back when you get replacements/leave Sainsburys.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    At least you get a discount :woo: lol
    Sainsbury's actually has a few nice xmas things in! I know where I'll be doing my xmas shopping this year...

Yeah, I saw a couple of things in there that I liked today. I'll probably just buy them myself when the discount goes up.

ReputationRep:
    15% is nice, i might buy me a PS3 while the discount is on, get about £45 off it or something.

ReputationRep:
    Its a long story, but I can't request another pair...so if anyone can help me, I'll pay them if they can get me a spare pair...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    my fleece hasnt shrunk, because i follow the washing instructions
    Ooooh look at you being able to read.

RGIS was in store today >_> ALL the returns had to be done.

They didn't get done, but I stuck up a deal with one of the guys that if I put alll the returns on the conveyor belts at the end with the barcode facing up, they'll put it through for us

Anyone have any idea as to why I was asked to confirm I was over 18 to my manager today? It was a passing comment, but I think there was more to it.

-shrug-

Like I said, go out and buy some cheap black trousers of your own from Primark or something. As long as they're black they're fine (and will probably wind up cheaper than getting them sent through the post from anyone here).

Depends which department you work on :p: I can't keep track of everyone in this thread lol.

And yeah, I learnt a long time ago that managers rarely ask you that sort of question without a motive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    Ooooh look at you being able to read.

RGIS was in store today >_> ALL the returns had to be done.

They didn't get done, but I stuck up a deal with one of the guys that if I put alll the returns on the conveyor belts at the end with the barcode facing up, they'll put it through for us

Anyone have any idea as to why I was asked to confirm I was over 18 to my manager today? It was a passing comment, but I think there was more to it.

-shrug-
    It must be a horrible job working for RGIS - think about it there must be at least 1 million items in the average store if not more lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Depends which department you work on :p: I can't keep track of everyone in this thread lol.

And yeah, I learnt a long time ago that managers rarely ask you that sort of question without a motive.
    I work on checkouts as a runner. I asked him why he wanted to know and he said he was just wondering. He must have known I was over 18 because in my first 8 months on checkouts I was a permenant fixture on the kiosk.

(Original post by Writer14)
    It must be a horrible job working for RGIS - think about it there must be at least 1 million items in the average store if not more lol.
    I was talking to one of the guys that was on the computers and I said I wouldn't fancy doing that all night. I might have hindered their night though because I took one of the chairs down off the checkout that they put there not realising their router was on top of it and it therefore fell and it sounded like internal components broke. Needless to say I put it back and pretended nothing happened

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.