Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    you're mising the point, but never mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    I *think* its company policy, that if you score 100% you get a shining star as an incentive to give good service.
    I wonder if a supervisor is sly enough to keep it for themselves.. surely it doesn't take them months to hand you a paper voucher?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by setmefree)
    I wonder if a supervisor is sly enough to keep it for themselves.. surely it doesn't take them months to hand you a paper voucher?
    Nope, matter of minutes to right it up and give it out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malcolm mears)
    you're mising the point, but never mind
    I am too. I dont get it lol I dont see why you dont go & buy some black trousers. No one uses the Sainsburys ones anyway?

I got my new fleece today, its alright! Its bigger than my old one, & they have Sainsburys written across the back now!
    My badge broke, pin came out, so I am wearing one with the name Jade on it. I like the name Jade! :yes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I don't wear my badge. In fact, nobody does on shift. Er, but my badge does say 'in training' so...

I feel pretty useless at my job to be honest. *sad face* but I am trying really hard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    I don't wear my badge. In fact, nobody does on shift. Er, but my badge does say 'in training' so...

I feel pretty useless at my job to be honest. *sad face* but I am trying really hard!
    Do you work nights? I dont think our night workers wear badges.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Do you work nights? I dont think our night workers wear badges.
    Yeah =) There's no point in wearing the badges I guess. Although it makes it difficult when you don't know everyone's name...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah =) There's no point in wearing the badges I guess. Although it makes it difficult when you don't know everyone's name...
    I am not very good at even looking at name badges anyway, so it kinda makes no odds to me personally

ReputationRep:

Yours says "in training"? That's cruel, lol :yes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by AwesomelyPsycho)
    Yours says "in training"? That's cruel, lol :yes:
    My name .. in training! yes! lol.

ReputationRep:
    Im thinking ill wait the 6 months really, as no other job (the little that i can find) interests me.

Roll on March! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Our new badges just have our first name on, however the old ones had Full name or first name - our choice, and our dept. and in training if applicable.

o.O None of our badges have ever had the full name on.

I've only got two more days with the current uniform. Can't wait to get rid of the bloody thing now.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Most people only have their first names on their badges here.

No idea when we get our uniform - we've ordered it though.

Our badges (new and old) only had the department, role and name on. I think only some of the older staff had their full names on their badges (old badges only).

xxx
    How you finding Sainsbury's so far?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    How you finding Sainsbury's so far?
    It's good, I love it! The people are great. I just feel slightly rubbish even though I've worked 6 shifts now. Everyone is really nice though and helps me out if I'm not sure, and... yeah. As one of the people says, "Everyone makes mistakes so don't worry about it" and I'm trying to follow that :yep: but it's still a real confidence blow. Hoping this week will be better and I will attempt to do more in the way of pulling/carrying stuff, even though I'm tiny and it's super difficult. I am getting familiar with my usual 'area' though and I am learning new things all the time.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really looking forward to starting Just waiting on the store to contact me now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    I've only got two more days with the current uniform. Can't wait to get rid of the bloody thing now.
    Its nice to get rid of that bright orange i tell you! lol, been just over a week without it now at my store. The jacket is so warm and cozy :yes:

ReputationRep:
    My name .. in training! yes! lol.
    Wow, no one had that on their badge when we got them.

Got my first shift on Wednesday... but I'm already thinking of leaving. I live in London, but this Sainsbury's is by my University in Bristol, and one of my days is a Saturday, which means I can never go home because of the way it works out with my lecture days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    Its nice to get rid of that bright orange i tell you! lol, been just over a week without it now at my store. The jacket is so warm and cozy :yes:
    This is so unfair. I have asked for that jacket on countless occasions, but they won't give me one until my current fleece dies. I don't even use the fleece because it is too small. >;l

I may have to find a bottle of bleach and "accidently" have a customer pour it down me.

Anyone recommend a good bleach? I seem to find bleaches nowadays don't stain.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.