Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by inksplodge)
    Yeah I am :redface: They're so heavy! I am just too small to pull one if it's full. I have enough trouble getting the totes out of them lol.
    Coming from the the checkouts side, we got a lot of stick from the GAs as we're useless apparently.

But if I'm honest, I think they're **** rollcages. I mean, I could NEVER get them to open properly. I once spent around ~3 minutes setting up one as a GA stood and mocked me! How I made sure I paid him back; think missing gloves, cutters and fleeces! Hahah!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Coming from the the checkouts side, we got a lot of stick from the GAs as we're useless apparently.

But if I'm honest, I think they're **** rollcages. I mean, I could NEVER get them to open properly. I once spent around ~3 minutes setting up one as a GA stood and mocked me! How I made sure I paid him back; think missing gloves, cutters and fleeces! Hahah!
    Yeah I can't open them yet... I usually get someone to do it for me! :redface: The wheels are generally **** though, kind of worn away and so they are quite square lol.

With some of the older cages you just need to be a bit violent. I usually give them two chances to comply before I start kicking them and stuff :p: If I'm out the back and the bottom won't go up on one I need to put away, I throw it on the floor and kick it until it budges. Violence is always the answer.

ReputationRep:
    Wait till you get a rollcage with 4 flat wheels, there great fun to try and drag

(Original post by FXX)
    With some of the older cages you just need to be a bit violent. I usually give them two chances to comply before I start kicking them and stuff :p: If I'm out the back and the bottom won't go up on one I need to put away, I throw it on the floor and kick it until it budges. Violence is always the answer.
    I tried that. But it got it's own back on me; blood everywhere! I managed to cut right down my hand!

I marked it though, so secretly, whenever I walked past it, I would give it a right kick. It's bars are dented now though! :p:

Yeah I can't open them yet... I usually get someone to do it for me! :redface: The wheels are generally **** though, kind of worn away and so they are quite square lol.
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Wait till you get a rollcage with 4 flat wheels, there great fun to try and drag
    LOL! It's even worse when the customer just stare as you drag this thing along! :eek:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    fight with the roll cages :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    Basics
    Are you still in orange or plum?
    You could always cut a hole in it "By accident"
    We where one of the first stores to get the plum one - I started just over a year ago and so for me it has always been plum.

Also, I hate my fleece because it tends to act as a magnet for dog hair >;[
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    my orange fleece is a magnet for dirt! it's filthy.

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview on Monday for a night shift team leader role. I rang yesterdsay and the lady on the phone said I would have a DVD test to complete followed by a basic arithmetic test and then a one to one interview. Can anyone explain the DVD test to me?

ReputationRep:
    You guys are really starting to freak me out about the roll cages, haha. They're so much bigger than I am. I'm 4"11! Not gonna be fun. But I have to say, as a GA, I like the checkout people I want to be one.

(Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    I tried that. But it got it's own back on me; blood everywhere! I managed to cut right down my hand!

I marked it though, so secretly, whenever I walked past it, I would give it a right kick. It's bars are dented now though! :p:
    Silly person, you're supposed to kick with your feet :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well, last night was interesting. This woman left my bag with two light bags of shopping, took about two steps and somehow tripped on the floor and smashed her wine everywhere..that was very interesting and also kinda funny looking back on it, I have NO idea how she tripped.

Aaand to top it all off this chavvy kid had a bottle of Shloer explode near the door in his hands, then went to get a new replacement and THAT ONE WENT STRAIGHT THROUGH THE BAG. yup. two bottles smashed one after the other, 'twas very interesting last night.

We're also having a shop refit and stuff so it's so confusing because every time i go in it's different haha.

Apparently we're getting a refit soon (with self-checkouts, which we don't need) but I haven't heard an ETA for it. I hope they wait until after Chrimbo.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    We are having a refit this week onwards!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by AwesomelyPsycho)
    You guys are really starting to freak me out about the roll cages, haha. They're so much bigger than I am. I'm 4"11! Not gonna be fun. But I have to say, as a GA, I like the checkout people I want to be one.
    I'm 5'4 so not tiny but I am really weak :woo: it's impossible to reach the totes on the top if they're stacked in though so make sure you ask someone to get it down for you or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wastedxtime)
    Well, last night was interesting. This woman left my bag with two light bags of shopping, took about two steps and somehow tripped on the floor and smashed her wine everywhere..that was very interesting and also kinda funny looking back on it, I have NO idea how she tripped.

Aaand to top it all off this chavvy kid had a bottle of Shloer explode near the door in his hands, then went to get a new replacement and THAT ONE WENT STRAIGHT THROUGH THE BAG. yup. two bottles smashed one after the other, 'twas very interesting last night.

We're also having a shop refit and stuff so it's so confusing because every time i go in it's different haha.
    Oh my days!
    Just out of interest, ive never worked on the tills, or customer services, but does Sainsburys give them a FREE replacement if they break something in the shop?

ReputationRep:
    ahhh, one of the checkout ladies wants to till train me :eek3:
    she'll have to catch me when i'm not busy first, and that's never :yes:

don't think i have the patience for till stuff, with the speed of their packing, i'd end up throwing their items in their face. and my bag packing skills are terrible, when i shop i put everything in one bag and i end up with a flat cake when i get home.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'4 so not tiny but I am really weak :woo: it's impossible to reach the totes on the top if they're stacked in though so make sure you ask someone to get it down for you or something.
    This is not gonna be much fun. And I'll be so cold. Bloody fresh foods. :p: First shift tomorrow!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by AwesomelyPsycho)
    This is not gonna be much fun. And I'll be so cold. Bloody fresh foods. :p: First shift tomorrow!
    Yeah you probably will. Wear gloves!!! :woo: and your fleece.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.