Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    Ohh, some people haven't got lockers cos of double issuing keys and stuff and they just keep their stuff in the office, no-one is around though so it's ok.

I follow my supervisor around a bit too... Oops. Never mind. They'd rather you knew what you were doing!
    Hmm, maybe I'll ask to put it in the office, then

Haha, I don't want to seem like I don't know anything when I turn up... but I don't :p: I know I'm doing fresh, but I have no idea how much of it I'm doing... or if I have an area. If I'm filling up certain things, or just tidying the shelves.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by AwesomelyPsycho)
    Hmm, maybe I'll ask to put it in the office, then

Haha, I don't want to seem like I don't know anything when I turn up... but I don't :p: I know I'm doing fresh, but I have no idea how much of it I'm doing... or if I have an area. If I'm filling up certain things, or just tidying the shelves.
    They'll tell you when you get there, don't worry!!! Do you have to go and see someone when you get there?

ReputationRep:
    I just applied today to do two nights a week nightshift Fri and Sat 10 hours each! Really hope I get it those hours are ideal for me! Are they quick at inviting you to interview?

ReputationRep:
    my manager just called and asked me to come in to work tomorrow half6-half10 on kiosk ( I work checkouts, am kiosk trained and work on there frequently ) however I have never closed the kiosk on my own before in the 2years ive been there lol, and am a little rusty on what to do - anyone help me out please?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Ooh, does anyone know what happens when the clocks go back? I'll be working that night so um... :woo:

ReputationRep:
    oooh we get our new tills tonight/tomorrow night. can't wait to get to play on them

has any one started using the coupons which are triggered by nectar cards yet?

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, does anyone know what happens when the clocks go back? I'll be working that night so um... :woo:
    Its always the last Sunday in October so 25th October this year.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by flipshot)
    Its always the last Sunday in October so 25th October this year.
    oh, maybe I won't then... depends what time they go back I suppose. :confused: I am work until 7am on the 25th!

ReputationRep:
    oh, maybe I won't then... depends what time they go back I suppose. :confused: I am work until 7am on the 25th!
    Think its 2am they go back.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by flipshot)
    Think its 2am they go back.
    Bleurgh, I won't have to work an extra hour will I? lol.

ReputationRep:
    Is nail varnish ok?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Absurd)
    Is nail varnish ok?
    My handbook says short and clean, I reckon it would be ok as long as they're not like bright colours though...

ReputationRep:
    My handbook says short and clean, I reckon it would be ok as long as they're not like bright colours though...
    Damn and blast. Currently bright pink.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Absurd)
    Damn and blast. Currently bright pink.
    Mine are maroon, lol :woo: Think I might take it off and put clear polish on though. I think I'd probably chip the polish anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure as I only ever worked days when I was at Sainsburys. I'm sure someone on here who works nights will know.

ReputationRep:
    LOL I knew what you were getting at a few posts back. But I dont know the answer sorry. Its a good question though! Never thought about it before.. Do they let you go home at 6 (sort of 7) if not you will be working an extra hour shift?? And if so, how do breaks work with that? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Hello there Am new here so please be gentle Am new to TSR altogether really. Well, in the posting sense anyway (being reading it for a good bit)

Just a quick one about Sainsbury's if anyone is in the know. Basically I've been offered a 30 hour almost fulltime job from Monday-Thursday and Friday mornings that would mean I'd have to either quit my part-time Sainsbury's job altogether or scale my hours back dramatically. Basically I quite like the place and the people I work with on my shift, and would like to keep it on as a 4 hour shift Friday afternoon. But that's it. I heard Sainsbury's have this minimum of 12 hour rule for new starters but this would be my 7th month now! Do you think I could swing it? I know the vacancy is there because it is basically me who I'd be replacing if that makes sense, only a smaller shift than the usual 10 hour I'd do on a Friday.

Thanks for reading all. I know I go on a bit

ReputationRep:
    Ooh another thing actually. In the 7 months I've been there I've taken no holiday's at all. So I've got like 100 hours owed or something silly like that. If I was to leave completely, would they pay me all this?

Only person who could tell you if it was possible or not is your HR manager. However, they're pretty strict on the 12 hour rule, unless there are exceptional circumstances, so it's unlikely you'll be able to.

And no, the holiday is use it or lose it. You don't get paid for any holiday you don't take.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Only person who could tell you if it was possible or not is your HR manager. However, they're pretty strict on the 12 hour rule, unless there are exceptional circumstances, so it's unlikely you'll be able to.

And no, the holiday is use it or lose it. You don't get paid for any holiday you don't take.
    Thanks FXX Well you've got and ruined things on both counts there Ok 12 hour rule is fair enough but holiday's - I thought 4 week holiday (obviously in like with how many hours you work) was UK law?? Guess I was wrong

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.