The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2260
ShortyGetLow
hahah. you must be right.
i think i use 4102/4012 for oranges.

And I use 659... lol
Reply 2261
And we use 0889.000000xx (can't remember the last two) on online :p: (don't weigh oranges)
I see there is a vacancy in my store for a Checkout Supervisor.

However, is there any way I can see what this particular job entails without letting them know I am interested?

Would I have to let my current dept. manager know I am applying? Need notice with him etc.?

I dont think there is much chance of me getting the job, as I am currently a part-time general assistant who is a bit of a loner there. But I would quit uni to become a full-time checkouts supervisor. Is this realistic?
Reply 2263
tubbsy
I am a checkout supervisor and I was on tills for about 3 hours today cause it was so busy. I haven't been on them in a while and I got some Brussels and I couldn't find them on the PLU group. I actually had to call my colleague over to tell me where they are! The lady said to me "do you not work on checkouts normally then?" and I'm like "yeah, I'm a supervisor on the department!" how shameful!

Our self service machines appear to not have brussel sprouts anymore ^_^

What store do you work in?

Anyone else having issues with their self service machines since the installation of catalina? We have 13 SS tills and 9 of them where down today.
Reply 2264
Asriel
Hmm. I wonder if different stores use different PLU numbers? or some items have more than one number?

In my store:
Carrots: 4562
Limes: 4048
Lemons: 4958
Oranges: 3107
Onions: 4665?

The grapes and butternut squash are the same, dont know the others

Strange

Their pretty much universal over all the chains in the UK and US.
Reply 2265
inksplodge
I've noticed a board go up near the clocking machines about holiday... What is a 'close (closed??) date' and er I don't know, someone explain booking holiday to me :eek3: do not understand. might just leave it and work hahhaa at least it's straightforward.

They allocate a set amount of hours holiday you may have over a month. If they reach the limit they stick a "FULLY BOOKED" sticker over the plastic wallet/piece of paper on the wall. This is the stores quota, not your departments. I made that mistake once >_>
Foulish
They allocate a set amount of hours holiday you may have over a month. If they reach the limit they stick a "FULLY BOOKED" sticker over the plastic wallet/piece of paper on the wall. This is the stores quota, not your departments. I made that mistake once >_>

Eh, what's the problem with that?

Yeah just realised it's 'fully booked'... looks like I'm working xmas and new year :eek3: there's literally no weeks where I can book holiday. oh well!
anyone know if the christmas jobs have been released yet? I've been checking on their job site twice a day for the past 2 weeks and nada. also i'm not sure if im doing it right,but when searching I only look for jobs in the greater london area and not put anything in the other fields so it can show me a broad pictures. so far everythings stayed the same and we're already half way through october and considering the jobs begin in nov. i'm getting a little worried
Reply 2268
Hi all, I had my interview friday last week. I have been told that I should hear of them in a week's time. Now its been Nine days what would you advice me to do? as I would really like to know if I have been offered this job or not?

Thank you all
Reply 2269
inksplodge
Eh, what's the problem with that?

Yeah just realised it's 'fully booked'... looks like I'm working xmas and new year :eek3: there's literally no weeks where I can book holiday. oh well!

Oh, it means I booked my holiday according to the wall. It said only 10% had been booked, but the checkouts had already booked their quota for that month, so I had to miss my holiday.
Reply 2270
How do I sign up for overtime? :o: Sorry for the endless annoying questions!
Reply 2271
I saw this video on Youtube. I think Sainsbury's should roll this out nationwide. I'd pay more attention to the labels if there where jokes on them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1brFXAcJ6A
Absurd
How do I sign up for overtime? :o: Sorry for the endless annoying questions!

Ask your supervisor :smile:. They should have a list of shifts avaliable for overtime.
Foulish
I saw this video on Youtube. I think Sainsbury's should roll this out nationwide. I'd pay more attention to the labels if there where jokes on them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1brFXAcJ6A

this is great i love it!!
i would so pay attention to that if i shopped in sainsbury's tickets are annoying to put out though.
I've noticed a job vancancy at my local Sainsburys for 16 hours and some of the days are quite good and fit in very well with uni but the others, not so much. Only one or two days don't fit in with my timetable. Would I be able to apply and perhaps ask about changing those days to the weekend?

Is there anything I need to know about the application process or any general advice?
Reply 2275
The hours they have listed are the hours they want. If you can't do them, there will be someone out there who can.
Reply 2276
Leighthesim
this is great i love it!!
i would so pay attention to that if i shopped in sainsbury's tickets are annoying to put out though.

Lukely likes this (Y)

Hahaha oh man.

Err yeah let's roll those tickets out!! Better than the daft kid on I'm Running Sainsbury's trying to set up a complaints "surgery"!!

:yep:
iranair777
anyone know if the christmas jobs have been released yet? I've been checking on their job site twice a day for the past 2 weeks and nada. also i'm not sure if im doing it right,but when searching I only look for jobs in the greater london area and not put anything in the other fields so it can show me a broad pictures. so far everythings stayed the same and we're already half way through october and considering the jobs begin in nov. i'm getting a little worried

just bumping this question
argh i hate this shop refit... stuff is EVERYWHERE... :woo: the amount of overstock is also ridiculous! :tongue:
Reply 2279
Weird, we have quite a few vacancies for temporary night shifters on the recruitment website. They wouldn't need 6 new people on night shift just for Christmas would they? They didn't last year, unless it's something to do with a refit.

EDIT: end of contract is Xmas eve, so I guess they are Christmas temps. Weird.

Latest

Trending

Trending