Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Of course not, temp jobs start from now onwards until early december I presume but it depends on when the stores are bothering to advertise it so just remain patient.
    i'll try to :p:
    but seriously, it is taking them a while to sort everything out. and considering they would actually need temp jobs! was in the uxbridge branch the other day and it was empty of staff except 1-2 on the shelves:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    With Scottish money I just don't bother checking it :p: As song as it says pound sterling I'm happy :p:
    What I normally do for the entering of the pin. I just put the finger on the screen and going "Enter your pin?" in a very high pitched voice :p: so it is like I am helping them rather than telling them even though in my head I am saying "CMOOOOONNNNNNN" lool :p:
    Do you accept Scottish money down south? I have had people refusing notes despite them being legal tender, which is always fun.

Which screen? I just try to say it in a nice way, like more in an "I know you know this but I'm just reminding you in a semi-pleasant way" tone than an "enter your PIN or I'll shove that bloody card down your throat" tone. It still sounds bloody stupid, my voice goes funny. I'm far too paranoid about this all, aren't I.

(Original post by inksplodge)
    :awesome: Me too. I always leave work with a smile on my face, despite it being 7am.

I'm quite glad I don't work on the checkouts but I imagine work will be a nightmare in the run up to xmas, especially the fresh stuff...
    Well I don't exactly walk out grinning, but I do like it. :p: Maybe it would be different if I had longer shifts though.

It won't be a nightmare, it'll be a challenge. Or so I shall keep telling myself!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Absurd)
    Well I don't exactly walk out grinning, but I do like it. :p: Maybe it would be different if I had longer shifts though.

It won't be a nightmare, it'll be a challenge. Or so I shall keep telling myself!
    How long are your shifts? :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    How long are your shifts? :tongue:
    Four hours!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Four hours!
    Wow, that's not long at all :woo: I bet it flies by!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that's not long at all :woo: I bet it flies by!
    Yep, I'm only getting into the swing of things and it's over. It seems to get busier as soon as I finish too. You do night shifts? How long are yours?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Yep, I'm only getting into the swing of things and it's over. It seems to get busier as soon as I finish too. You do night shifts? How long are yours?
    Lol, I feel like that when I'm volunteering! I only do two and a half hours but it really flies!

Yeah 10 hours! It goes quite quickly until we get to 5am, and then time reaaally drags!

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I feel like that when I'm volunteering! I only do two and a half hours but it really flies!

Yeah 10 hours! It goes quite quickly until we get to 5am, and then time reaaally drags!
    Ach, volunteering. I'm the world's worst volunteer. :dong:

10 hours!? How many breaks do you get? And do you get a 'lunch' (?) break? I don't think I could do that. Ever.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Ach, volunteering. I'm the world's worst volunteer. :dong:

10 hours!? How many breaks do you get? And do you get a 'lunch' (?) break? I don't think I could do that. Ever.
    Two thirty minute breaks! Most people seem to eat loads but I never eat much, I'm usually more thirsty than I am hungry. :tongue: It goes quite quickly though as I said, until the last 2 hours

ReputationRep:
    Two thirty minute breaks! Most people seem to eat loads but I never eat much, I'm usually more thirsty than I am hungry. :tongue: It goes quite quickly though as I said, until the last 2 hours
    Paid, I hope? I know little to nothing about breaks as they don't apply to us lightweights. Cool, it doesn't sound too bad. And I'm not surprised, after eight hours the last two must drag something terrible.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Paid, I hope? I know little to nothing about breaks as they don't apply to us lightweights. Cool, it doesn't sound too bad. And I'm not surprised, after eight hours the last two must drag something terrible.
    Yep, I think they are :tongue:

It does kind of drag. The fresh delivery comes in though so it's all hands on deck :woo:

ReputationRep:
    i did four hours on checkouts, and by the last 30 minutes i was counting down the minutes till i could get off- (i was going on to the shop floor for my normal shift on fresh) but i like work too, i always leave my shelf stacking shift feeling happy, but the few times i have been on checkouts i have left all grumpy and aching due to the boredom.

ReputationRep:
    Helpp! I've got an interview in an hour! Whats best to answer questions, is it best to always ask the manager if you don't know about something or use your initiative??

ReputationRep:
    I usually finish work smiling because of the people I work with ;') They're looovely. Already looking forward to our xmas do

I try and use the money test pen as much as I can, especially as I've heard that you can get a disciplinary for accepting a counterfeit note? well if they find out who it was. and with fifties, I heard on here, if you rub the red bit on the note on normal paper and it transfers onto the paper then its real.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by ShortyGetLow)
    I usually finish work smiling because of the people I work with ;') They're looovely. Already looking forward to our xmas do
    Same!!!

although no idea @ xmas do

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know how long you have to wait before reapplying?
    Just because I got rejected about 4 weeks ago (takes my rejections into the 60s), and am looking to reapply as soon as possible as I am desperate for a job so I might stand some vague chance of being able to afford university after my gap year.

If it's for the same position I think you have to wait six months.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by mackemforever)
    Does anybody know how long you have to wait before reapplying?
    Just because I got rejected about 4 weeks ago (takes my rejections into the 60s), and am looking to reapply as soon as possible as I am desperate for a job so I might stand some vague chance of being able to afford university after my gap year.
    6 months.

ReputationRep:
    6 months.
    I think the technical phrase is:

• CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by mackemforever)
    I think the technical phrase is:

Sounds about right, lol :tongue:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.