Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

First day with the new uniform tomorrow. I'm almost excited :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    Oh, maybe you mistunderstood me, it was kind of obvious she was at least 22-ish but as I couldn't be sure she was over 25, I applied the Think 25 policy and asked for ID - even though I knew she was over 18 (therefore legal to buy the cider).
    Lol, well she seems like a pretty immature 22 year old! Crying because you won't let her buy some cider? She should have seen it coming!

(Yes, I'm glad I don't have to do that stuff...)

TBF though, all she wants is a bottle of cider. She's the right age, and she isn't going to do anything stupid with one bottle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    First day with the new uniform tomorrow. I'm almost excited :p:
    WHAT new uniform? If you are lying I'll come over there and...and...er...think about neg repping you

New uniform?:woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    I think there are some listed via The Sun (shock-horror!) http://jobs.thesun.co.uk/jobs/jobs.a...mpanyid=244646
    Ya, Justin did some kind of deal with them in a big pullout a few months ago. Doesn't he know I will only be seen with The Mirror??:p:

(Original post by morris743)
    WHAT new uniform? If you are lying I'll come over there and...and...er...think about neg repping you

New uniform?:woo: :woo:
    Our store has FINALLY switched over to the plum uniform, and the bit I'm excited about is no longer having to wear my ridiculous shirt and tie that didn't let me move my head :p: If you already have the plum uniform, then it's nothing to get excited about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    Within my first 6 months it felt like I was forever ill. I think it may have something to do with "money hands". I never used to wash my hands after work and then I used to eat, until I realised that is what was making me ill. I had a few sore throats and eye infections.
    Aww are you ok now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Our store has FINALLY switched over to the plum uniform, and the bit I'm excited about is no longer having to wear my ridiculous shirt and tie that didn't let me move my head :p: If you already have the plum uniform, then it's nothing to get excited about.
    Well thanks for that anti climax! I want a shirt and tie!!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone ever picked up an eye infection at Sainsbury's? I never had one in my life (18 yrs) till I started there. My first proper job and certainly in a supermarket...is it something in the air that causes eye infections? To be fair my eye was itchy and I rubbed it and had the infection on and off ever since Burns and everything!
    Been there near on a year now, through all the seasons, & not had more of anything, colds etc

ReputationRep:
    Well thanks for that anti climax! I want a shirt and tie!!! :woo:
    Why? What job do you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Why? What job do you do?
    Teaboy.

ReputationRep:
    Been there near on a year now, through all the seasons, & not had more of anything, colds etc
    Maybe you're lucky to have a clean store !

Must be something about online! In the year and three months I've been there, the worst illness I've had is a sniffle that lasted a day. Sainsburys has really boosted my immune system :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Haah I dislike the new uniform bodywarmers. :tongue: I didn't get one, as you can see...

ReputationRep:
    How long do the refits take? And will we have to get trained on self-scan checkouts so we can help customers when they get stuck?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by teh_samby)
    How long do the refits take? And will we have to get trained on self-scan checkouts so we can help customers when they get stuck?
    No idea about checkouts but our refit is supposedly going to take about 6 weeks! I think... If I read it right, anyway. I'm assuming it depends how big your store is?

ReputationRep:
    I wish sainsburys would advertise their xmas temp roles already!

Our store has already put up the temp vacancies, or at least some of them. Most of them are/were for night shift roles though.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Yeah I've seen ours had a few and interviews have already taken place. (And some people I know got interviews, but no job!)

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you're lucky to have a clean store !
    :yep: You're not kiddin, so much so that the bloomin bloke with the push along cleaning machine thing, does my head in, always seems to be going down the aisle I am in!!! :mad:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.