Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    If you hand them the card and ask them to swipe it for you, they will.
    Mmmm, still might do it myself because I think I secretly love breaking off the card :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Mac stands for something availability check i think, not mystrery though, because its blatant when there doing it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Mac stands for something availability check i think, not mystrery though, because its blatant when there doing it!
    Worst thing is that I was looking at the notice board which mentioned MAC and what it stood for, and I recall thinking "ooh is that what it stands for?" yet I can't remember it now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Just checked in the Sainsburys Jargon Buster booklet, it stands for Mystery Availability Check :rolleyes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1071727

they make it sound like sainsbury's isn't a nice place to work for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Just checked in the Sainsburys Jargon Buster booklet, it stands for Mystery Availability Check :rolleyes:
    But, its not a mystery! because, when the mac man comes we all run around shouting "MACS HEAR FILL THE GAPS", I would of thought a mystery would be all secret and we wouldn't know.

ReputationRep:
    oh but it is mystery, you don't know what is on their list....thats why people go crazy trying to get gaps filled asap, 3 out of say 400 products on your department, you got to be really bad or terribly unlucky for MAC to pick 3 that are gaps

(Original post by inksplodge)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1071727

they make it sound like sainsbury's isn't a nice place to work for
    I've contributed to it.. (:o:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    You can swipe it though the pin machine. Your not actually meant to use the side strip thing. My store went to the length of disconnecting it >_>

I just reconnect it if I ever find myself on till.

Quick question. I'm doing a presentation about Sainsburys for uni. What does MCM stand for? Mystery Customer Measure?
    The swipe and park thing on the side of the screen will be removed eventually, so you'll only have the option of using the chip and pin pad. I take it you still have the old checkouts, as that could explain why it hasn't been properly removed yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    I've contributed to it.. (:o:)

yooo hows the study going mate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Can't you use the Chip&Pin machine's mag-reader?
    That's probably it. Either that or input the number manually, I think.

Weird :\ But the customer doesn't really need the barcode bit, and how else would we swipe the card? Unless you input a number or something
    They used to do what you do, but they decided it looks bad or something silly like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Our store has already put up the temp vacancies, or at least some of them. Most of them are/were for night shift roles though.
    does that mean that they show up available jobs in store now? :eek:

i thought it was all done online :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iranair777)
    does that mean that they show up available jobs in store now? :eek:

i thought it was all done online :confused:
    It is all done online. I think he meant his store had put them up online.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Writer14)
    The swipe and park thing on the side of the screen will be removed eventually, so you'll only have the option of using the chip and pin pad. I take it you still have the old checkouts, as that could explain why it hasn't been properly removed yet.
    Apparently we've only had the checkouts for 2 years. They taped up the side swiper though.

ReputationRep:
    our store is finally getting a make over
    including the new uniforms. FINALLY lol im so sick of this blue thinning jumper.tooo damn cold lol.

hope we get a new customer service desk because i am sick of sitting inthere and things falling out of the cupboards lol.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    i've got a new tax code in the post, what do i do with it? do i need to take it to HR or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angeo)
    our store is finally getting a make over
    including the new uniforms. FINALLY lol im so sick of this blue thinning jumper.tooo damn cold lol.

hope we get a new customer service desk because i am sick of sitting inthere and things falling out of the cupboards lol.
    Wow lucky you. We really need a new desk, as the whole thing is falling apart. Not much chance of getting one though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahboden)
    soooo... how many people are dressing up for halloween @ sainsburys? hahaa. does anybody ever dress up for these kinda things?
    I've cleverly booked holiday for that weekend :yes:
    i don't like dressing up full stop :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    i've got a new tax code in the post, what do i do with it? do i need to take it to HR or something?
    Hmmm I got a tax code through the post but my pay slip already had the tax code on there since it made the change from Basic Rate tax to the one with its own personal allowance.

ReputationRep:
    Mmmm, still might do it myself because I think I secretly love breaking off the card :ninja:
    until you break it .. which i have done before. and just not don't snap it.

Its simple. Scan the barcode, swipe it yourself in the pin pad.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.