Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Fridays. :dong:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry_princess)
    Hey, I was jsut wondeirng, how do you call in sick?? Do you ring the usual store number? And who do you have to speak to?
    YOU SHOULD RING THE SICK LINE & YOUR DEPT damn sorry caps. They dont always let your dept know straight away, so its just polite to ring them too.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Yay! I heart work. Need some new trousers - have lost a stone since starting and well they're barely staying up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    Yay! I heart work. Need some new trousers - have lost a stone since starting and well they're barely staying up!
    How did you manage that???? :eek: I cant help trying all the new stuff I keep seeing. I dont think ive put on any weight, but I haven't lost any either & I'm walking round the store 4 hours a day!!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    How did you manage that???? :eek: I cant help trying all the new stuff I keep seeing. I dont think ive put on any weight, but I haven't lost any either & I'm walking round the store 4 hours a day!!! :mad:

I got that for a few weeks, then i stopped pigging out in the dining room and stopped trying all the tasty things i saw, and hve started losing quite a nice amount of weight (mainly due to the fact that when i wasn't working i was pigging out at home)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leighthesim)
    I got that for a few weeks, then i stopped pigging out in the dining room and stopped trying all the tasty things i saw, and hve started losing quite a nice amount of weight (mainly due to the fact that when i wasn't working i was pigging out at home)
    Oh, I dont use the dining room, only there 4 hours. But I need to stop pigging out at home I guess!
    I like to think ive tried pretty much everything I wanted to, so will stop now! lol Although when they keep doing the cookies at bogof, its flippin hard! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wannabe)
    Ughhh work tonight.... BAD TIMES

Work has become so crap lately.
    A manager recently had a massive go at us for being upstairs 5 minutes before clocking out time, seriously, get a life, 5 minutes? Christ!!
    Staff treatment has gotten worse.
    Shortstaffed, resulting on more pressure on us.
    Managers who couldnt manage to get piss into a bucket let alone manage a team of people and a department.

Sainsbury's is NOT the place to be right now, well in my store it certainly isn't, and I am not looking forward to doing the 39 hours over crimbo

oh yesss i know the feeling lol, ours is terrible too. Store manager is probably going to have a breakdown at some point, he is crazy lol. I was on last night in the customer service desk. He rang the desk every 10 mins to make me do the fuel tannoy/firework tannoy too. so i took the mick and i did both one after the other haha.

it was busy last night too for some reason, and he came down and complained about teh number of customers queing at the desk right in front of the customers!!! i can only serve one at a time because i only have one till in the desk lol. idiot.

i stopped a scam from happening on monday night, saved the store 150 quid. do i get credit NO. my supervisor gets it instead even tho she was upstairs doing the flight when it happened.
    our store is unfair.

plus were getting self service tills, not looking forward to that,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angeo)
    oh yesss i know the feeling lol, ours is terrible too. Store manager is probably going to have a breakdown at some point, he is crazy lol. I was on last night in the customer service desk. He rang the desk every 10 mins to make me do the fuel tannoy/firework tannoy too. so i took the mick and i did both one after the other haha.

it was busy last night too for some reason, and he came down and complained about teh number of customers queing at the desk right in front of the customers!!! i can only serve one at a time because i only have one till in the desk lol. idiot.

i stopped a scam from happening on monday night, saved the store 150 quid. do i get credit NO. my supervisor gets it instead even tho she was upstairs doing the flight when it happened.
    our store is unfair.

plus were getting self service tills, not looking forward to that,
    That is tight, especially if you are the only one serving!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Well I suppose I'm walking around/lifting/pushing/other stuff for 9 hours and I don't really eat much at work either, maybe a bag of crisps or a sandwich, or pasta. :woo: I also drink lots of water (and lucozade, but...) and eat sensibly at home too. I was a lazy slob before this job!!

ReputationRep:
    Well I suppose I'm walking around/lifting/pushing/other stuff for 9 hours and I don't really eat much at work either, maybe a bag of crisps or a sandwich, or pasta. :woo: I also drink lots of water (and lucozade, but...) and eat sensibly at home too. I was a lazy slob before this job!!
    You sicken me, go away
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    You sicken me, go away
    :getmecoat: :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Hey sainsbury's people, I just had an interview, the woman said it's only between me and 1 other person which is kind of assuring but not at the same time lol. I thought I did well but I'm not sure - I think I might've slipped up in the attention to details of the DVD in the bits where a guy is packing and a guy is scanning. The second problems I saw in them both just seemed obvious/clutching at straws.

ReputationRep:
    lol im about to apply for a job at sainsburys, im really **** at answering the questions online though, like the situation ones :/

ReputationRep:
    Haha, same. My induction was only last saturday and I've already lost 8 pounds, my proper shifts only started on wednesday!

(Original post by xxstace123xx)
    lol im about to apply for a job at sainsburys, im really **** at answering the questions online though, like the situation ones :/
    The questions are about the sort of thing you'd be dealing with every day. If you can't answer them, Sainsburys might not be the right place for you

ReputationRep:
    Got some overtime for 4 hours tomorrow and am in for 7 hours on weds for self checkout training, even though i won't be able to use them till i turn 18 in december. Means more money for me though

Looks like our department is getting a couple of extra people in for Christmas. About time as well, quite a few people have left lately, and you need a good few weeks to get people up to speed on Online...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    The questions are about the sort of thing you'd be dealing with every day. If you can't answer them, Sainsburys might not be the right place for you
    Not really, I remember having to answer a question about the Cafe and a customer complaining about cold food on the table after he left it there for 10 minutes.

Dosen't relate to my job at all.

For those online questions, change the question around so that your the customer. What would you expect?

ReputationRep:
    Oh ****, still haven't gone to bed and I've got to wake up in 4 hours to do a 9 hour shift, Lets hope the mystery shopper doesn't come in tomoz because I am going to be one grumpy b*****d. Wish me luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Looks like our department is getting a couple of extra people in for Christmas. About time as well, quite a few people have left lately, and you need a good few weeks to get people up to speed on Online...
    I wish they would at ours. Like you say, people leave, but at ours they haven't replaced them. The other night there were members of staff from other parts of the store shopping until 8pm. And its not xmas yet!!! What they playing at! :eek3:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.