Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukely)
    Yes you're right our store is pretty weird. There has, for the past few weeks when I've been in on a Saturday, nobody in HR. At 2 in the afternoon. I mean, what is up with that? There's NOBODY in there and the door's locked.

Last week when I wanted to collect my uniform, manager didn't have key to uniform cupboard, nor did the duty or anyone else in the store for that matter then when one of the HR ladies came in later when I was on my break I asked her politely "...is there any cha..." and she just cut me off and goes "Nope not today I'm only in to test the fire alarms..." and I continued "well uniform cupboard key is there one there you could at least give to B..." ..."no, I'm not dealing with anything"

And then shut the door in my face.

How RUDE was that?!

Then this week they were closed again and I had almost the same thing again!! I was just like... well I thought the idea of having a HR department was that there was someone here every day except Sunday and I've been waiting for this, I don't have time to come in during the week and by the time I could you'd be closed and frankly I think you're just rude - I respected you ***** and I thought you were better than that I'm not pleased!!

Y'know?! What can we do...! It's not my job to come in during College hours, travel nearly 2-3 hours all together just to pick up a fleece because for no good or clear reason there's nobody in HR on Saturdays during the day all of a sudden and one of the HR ladies got *****y?!!

When questioned, store manager said "I don't actually have a clue why nobody's in HR... try again next week?"

And again this week nobody knows why there was nobody in HR

Some bloody HR department they are. I think I'm going to be having words!!

Anybody suggest a letter placed neatly under the store manager's office door?
    Our store has got the same problem so thats why I am working one late night every week and my HR manager works 1 late night every week so that somebody from HR will be there for 2 days in a week atleast not only for the evening shift colleagues but also for the night shift colleagues. The best thing you can do is ask one of your colleague friends to collect it for you or go on a meaning less fight with your HR dept which would yeild no results anyway.....whats the use of having a hr department anyway if they are being so *****y???? some people think they ******* own sainsburys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramnaresh_2000)
    Our store has got the same problem so thats why I am working one late night every week and my HR manager works 1 late night every week so that somebody from HR will be there for 2 days in a week atleast not only for the evening shift colleagues but also for the night shift colleagues. The best thing you can do is ask one of your colleague friends to collect it for you or go on a meaning less fight with your HR dept which would yeild no results anyway.....whats the use of having a hr department anyway if they are being so *****y???? some people think they ******* own sainsburys
    Well yeah exactly I don't ask for much... and I don't expect them to be there at 6:30 on a Friday night when I am. But there is no excuse at 2 in the afternoon on a Saturday!!!

Also there seems to be no more late night schedule for HR anymore. It was on the door but I can't see that now!

Paha. Fire the WHOLE HR department in my store!! They were useless when they're there, they're even more useless when they're not though funnily enough they should be taken over.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah HR have been know to be rather...useless.
    They are supposed to be there to support us and help us, they do this badly.

ReputationRep:
    My HR are actually good!!! They are helpful, and they are friendly, and usually there! lol

ReputationRep:
    Dear Sir,
    Am A Student At London Electronics College,and I Need A Job For Night Or Weekend Work,am Free On Friday And Saturday From 8am To 6pm.will You Kindly Assist Me Wijh Any Kind Of Avaliable Job That I Can Fit Inn.

Thanks,
    Sunday Adegunna.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wannabe)
    Yeah HR have been know to be rather...useless.
    They are supposed to be there to support us and help us, they do this badly.
    Depends on your stores HR manager and how he is engaging his colleagues. some people normally think HR just sits in front of the pc and does nothing all day.....thats not true......they do soo many important confidential things which no one knows.....for example disciplinaries, labour cost, payroll, pensions....no one knows about them because they are done confidentially. Normally my HR manager looks pissed off because of some of our stupid colleagues....one day HR was in a serious discussion with the regional manager regarding our M.A.C. Suddenly from nowhere a stupid colleague drops in asks for a name badge.....he should have seen he is busy and asked someone else like admin team or hr clerks.......but no....for some reason he wants to ask HR manager...so he looks pissed off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munn)
    yo folks anyone know what kind of notice i should hand in?
    i work 14 hours a week (saturday sunday) and have been there 4 weeks
    Months notice atleast

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramnaresh_2000)
    Depends on your stores HR manager and how he is engaging his colleagues. some people normally think HR just sits in front of the pc and does nothing all day.....thats not true......they do soo many important confidential things which no one knows.....for example disciplinaries, labour cost, payroll, pensions....no one knows about them because they are done confidentially. Normally my HR manager looks pissed off because of some of our stupid colleagues....one day HR was in a serious discussion with the regional manager regarding our M.A.C. Suddenly from nowhere a stupid colleague drops in asks for a name badge.....he should have seen he is busy and asked someone else like admin team or hr clerks.......but no....for some reason he wants to ask HR manager...so he looks pissed off.
    The colleague wern't to know! The HR team and Regional Manager should have held the meeting in the Meeting Room or Training Room, if they didn't want to be disturbed.

(Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Months notice atleast
    4 weeks you don't need any notice afaik.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    4 weeks you don't need any notice afaik.
    Come again? lol

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean, I do agree the HR Manager has an important role but I'm saying that all of a sudden our HR department as a whole has gone AWOL of a Saturday and nobody - not even store managment know why none of them show up...

...and why one comes in on a Saturday in full uniform and hi-vis jacket JUST to test the fire alarm and then bog off back home and be very rude to colleagues in the process!!

Absolutely down-right terrible.

(Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Come again? lol
    If you've only been at Sainsburys for 4 weeks, you're still in your probationary period, so you don't need to give them any notice before you leave (as far as I'm aware).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    If you've only been at Sainsburys for 4 weeks, you're still in your probationary period, so you don't need to give them any notice before you leave (as far as I'm aware).
    Yeh thats true. Although the poster said they had been there 4 years not 4 weeks, they did a boo boo

ReputationRep:
    What's it like working at Sainsbury's on a Sunday? Is it better than Saturday in your store i.e. clearing up upon closure you can chat to some people you might not normally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morris743)
    What's it like working at Sainsbury's on a Sunday? Is it better than Saturday in your store i.e. clearing up upon closure you can chat to some people you might not normally
    Very busy! Because everyone is thinking "oooh no one is going to be shopping today, it is a sunday, I am going to do some shopping today" but everyone is thinking in that way so it gets very busy lol!

But I guess it depends on the area your store is but I have worked at two Sainsburys and both are too busy on Sundays. I don't think you get to talk to different customers with ease since there are always long queues popping up lol

ReputationRep:
    Urgh I know what you mean! I used to work Sundays... some of you already know about this! Hated it with a vengance heh heh heh. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    So how hard is the interview for Sainsburys? I've been told it's an hour long, seems a bit much :/

ReputationRep:
    Sundays are almost as busy as Saturdays. Fridays are dead.

(Original post by Dr. Jan Itor)
    So how hard is the interview for Sainsburys? I've been told it's an hour long, seems a bit much :/
    It isn't very hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Jan Itor)
    Most of it is the DVD test, which goes slowly so that you thoroughly understand whats being asked and you know what you're doing.

Its not that hard, as long as you know basics on supermarkets you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    I used to love Sundays. Everyone is more laid back (even the managers), you don't have to work for as long and my store only really got busy at about 4pm with everyone shopping last minute.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.