Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddikins)
    Most of it is the DVD test, which goes slowly so that you thoroughly understand whats being asked and you know what you're doing.

Its not that hard, as long as you know basics on supermarkets you'll be fine.
    DVD test!?

Help me out here. Some hints would be great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Jan Itor)
    DVD test!?

Help me out here. Some hints would be great
    I dont think i can discuss it due to the rules of TSR, as well as the fact that i didnt actually pass the dvd myself :p:

Just remember that the customer is always the most important etc.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya I was wondering whether anybody knew of a Store; perhaps their own that were looking to take on dual store collegues over christmas? I want to find a store in london anywhere it doen't really matter. Im due to work on the 27 which is a sunday and i live in london my stores in loughborough (im a student) ...im obviously not missing Christmas for sainsburys lol. I don't really want to pull a "sicky" as its a bit obvious Im not sure what to do...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezekiel)
    Hiya I was wondering whether anybody knew of a Store; perhaps their own that were looking to take on dual store collegues over christmas? I want to find a store in london anywhere it doen't really matter. Im due to work on the 27 which is a sunday and i live in london my stores in loughborough (im a student) ...im obviously not missing Christmas for sainsburys lol. I don't really want to pull a "sicky" as its a bit obvious Im not sure what to do...
    I know loads of people in my store, we seem to be a whole store of students, went home and worked in stores closer to home, so its probably the same for christmas. Ask your HR they may be able to put you on a part time term contract or something, i forgot there name.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezekiel)

one thing is that you can't get much holiday over christmas as it is one of the busiest periods for a supermarket,
    but talk to HR and they will tell you your options, they will not hunt you down for pulling a sickie this way.

ReputationRep:
    Sainsburys have just offered me a job ! Its on a temp contract but I recall my interviewer saying that they put all new workers on temp contract on a 'probation' period and then after that they will put you on a permenant contract, is this true??

ReputationRep:
    I keep trying to apply for jobs at Sainsburys but I keep failing the flippin test thing online! :eek3: 3 times now!

ReputationRep:
    50% off all toys atm instore and online - early christmas shopping

ReputationRep:
    Coul someone please tell me how to apply. I've been checking Sainsbury's recruitment website for a few weeks yet I can't see anything about xmas temps - there is only a box that says xmas temp jobs will be advertised in October. Where am I supposed to look?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma237)
    Sainsburys have just offered me a job ! Its on a temp contract but I recall my interviewer saying that they put all new workers on temp contract on a 'probation' period and then after that they will put you on a permenant contract, is this true??
    Unless this is a relitively new idea, no its not true. They did however try palming me off with a temporary contract at inductions, half of us had perm, half had temp. I wasn't having that, & they sorted it :yes:
    They might well keep you on after though. And you could always try saying at inductions that you thought it was a permanant position, & they might update your contract there n then, like they did us x

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear. I had a fun day yesterday. I hope I never have to work full-time in a supermarket/retail job!! Haha ohh well at least not on basket tills!

Got my form... that basically pesters you for Christmas period hours.

21st, 22nd, and 23rd open 0600-0000?! NO WAY am I working that late... suicide!!

And I can't work until the Sainsbury's w/c 20th December anyway 'cos College doesn't finish 'til the 18th...

Hmmmm. Trying to be careful what overtime I scribble in haha!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by custardcream)
    Coul someone please tell me how to apply. I've been checking Sainsbury's recruitment website for a few weeks yet I can't see anything about xmas temps - there is only a box that says xmas temp jobs will be advertised in October. Where am I supposed to look?
    You just put in your town and then choose whatever store that you want to work in, and a list of vacancies (if any) will come up. Xmas temps, from what i saw will be labeled when you click for further details of a vacancy. If there are none, im going to assume that they have already filled all the xmas positions at your store, considering what date it is and all.

ReputationRep:
    So is anyone dressing up for work tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikki1810)
    No
    edit: although I might wear my witches hat!

ReputationRep:
    My last day tomorrow before transfer! Wooooo! :woo:

Had a weird request from a customer the other day. She asked me to work out how many packets of everything she would need to feed 30 people twice. Then she asked me to work out approximately how much her trolley would come to. :o: I always knew someday my C grade GCSE maths would come in handy :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    No
    edit: although I might wear my witches hat!
    Boo.... I only know of me and one other person on checkouts that's actually dressing up. But I suppose it'll make it easier to win these exciting £10 vouchers they're giving out as prizes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikki1810)
    yes! everyone at my store takes dressing up days really seriously haha so i have too.

I'm not dressing up. I'm being a miserable git again. Halloween needs to die.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Hi everyone =) Long day at work yesterday. Got my xmas hours. I'm working new year's day and boxing day, by the looks of it... Store refit is causing chaos everywhere but I'm getting used to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyle_y)
    My last day tomorrow before transfer! Wooooo! :woo:

Had a weird request from a customer the other day. She asked me to work out how many packets of everything she would need to feed 30 people twice. Then she asked me to work out approximately how much her trolley would come to. :o: I always knew someday my C grade GCSE maths would come in handy :p:

Ooooh sounds like a Mystery shopper to me :yes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.