Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    You start the same week or whatever, because your employment technically starts on the first day of your induction. So yep, you're working Fri&Sat. :tongue:
    Ah damn, thanks for the quick response.

ReputationRep:
    You start the same week or whatever, because your employment technically starts on the first day of your induction. So yep, you're working Fri&Sat. :tongue:
    Unless she has training! I don't know if bakery people do training though, so who knows.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absurd)
    Unless she has training! I don't know if bakery people do training though, so who knows.
    That's true... They generally try and do it before the first shift though, don't they? :tongue: (And I have no idea about bakery!!)

ReputationRep:
    That's true... They generally try and do it before the first shift though, don't they? :tongue: (And I have no idea about bakery!!)
    Not necessarily, not in my store anyway. I did mine on the day that would have been my first shift and a couple of people did theirs even later.

I'm dreading Christmas. I might be stuck here.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily, not in my store anyway. I did mine on the day that would have been my first shift and a couple of people did theirs even later.

I'm dreading Christmas. I might be stuck here.
    Can you not ask to swap shifts?

ReputationRep:
    Can you not ask to swap shifts?
    Possibly, but I'll see what they come up with first. They haven't said I definitely can't have it, just that they would need me at work which I suppose is the same thing, really.

Yeah, Sainsburys has a different language to make things sound more reasonable and to make you more inclined to go along with it.

ReputationRep:
    Training for what? I have to be trained on the tills if that's what you mean? I was going to ask on the phone when I was given my induction dates when I'd actually start, but she cut me off quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unclerachel)
    Hey guys

I was just wondering how long after your induction did you start work properly? Is it the same week or the week after? I've got something happening on the Friday & Saturday nights after my induction (Tues&Wed) and was wondering if it would clash? I'm supposed to work Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays if that would make any difference.

I can still work on those days, I'd just rather not as it would involve getting up very early on the Saturday to make it to work on time, and then I'd have to get the train back to my event after work and would probably be extremely tired. I can't wait to start earning money again though, I've been out of a job since the beginning of August and my student loan isn't stretching as far as I thought it would. I'll be working in the bakery too, so that's something new to look forward to even though I've heard it's quite hard work.
    After my training on tills, I was put online straight away. I was surprised at the amount of trust they put into me to use the till unsupervised - but it was my first job ^_^

ReputationRep:
    Of course they have traing. How will they learn how to fill the store up with the smell of fresh bread and make you 1000000000000000 x hungrier than you already was??

ReputationRep:
    I should stop triple posting really 8-)

I suppose I should tell a story.

The lift to the cash office has broken down and we had to walk all the coins from self service down the stairs (Cash office is downstairs), all the boxes from self service, all the till change, all the lottery stuff.

We have 5 people take it down and after 6/7 trips up and down the stairs, it [sarcasm]only[/sarcasm] took us 20 minutes >_<.

And then the flight system broke down so I ended up staying an hour after home time to account for all the flamin' pods.

Oh how I am glad I am on holiday this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    Of course they have traing. How will they learn how to fill the store up with the smell of fresh bread and make you 1000000000000000 x hungrier than you already was??
    The power lies in their hats.

Can't wait for Payday
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    me either. when is the next pay day after that?

Well, four weeks, so 4th December?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Can't wait for Payday
    I can't wait until I can start spending money on real food >;[. I must say, Basics food is like chewing on cardboard. I've had £7.50 to last me 2 weeks .

I might have to go to my parants house and raid their fridge ;D

ReputationRep:
    PAY DAY FRIDAY - party in my pants hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Eee, pay day.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

Quick question that has probably been asked 73 times (In a bit of a rush) Do temps get paid weekly?

Just handed in my notice at m&s (work in foods) and applied for a temp job at sainsbury nightshift stock. Done early fill, stock, ticketing, reduction etc at m&s. Can earn roughly the same money working 3 nights at sains than working 5 days at m&s and I'd have no or very little customer interaction which suits me down to the ground.

Did apply for this position before and had a bad 'interview' turned up to be 'interviewed' but the 'interviewer' was told I was there to do a job trial. I was wearing interview clothing and high heels not very practical for the trial. It was 11pm on a Sunday night and I had no way of getting home at 2am as parents were drunk and I did not have money to get a cab. Was a waste of time really. I was tempted to phone recruitment and ask what happened and why I was told it would be the dvd interview etc. I felt a bit angry as if I'd known it was a trial I would have made transport arrangements and worn suitable clothing.

Right enough blab got to go to work!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Is it payday THIS friday? If so thats come round quick!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.