Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sociallyanxious)
    just got rejected again :sad: they said that my responses don't match the role or something from the questionnaire...I've done it twice (different jobs/towns) changing the answers on some but am still not making it through...what am I doing wrong? it really sucks :sad: really wanted the job as well...
    Please, for my concious, apply somewhere else. Sainsbury's won't make you happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by questionsquestions)
    lol I have I'm honestly desperate

ReputationRep:
    same here, i only saw the money when i applied, i didnt think how it will affect me in other ways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maxxie)
    I got a letter from HQ which told me to hand it in on the last day to your work location
    too ba dhte last day i work is a saturday and i finish when the store closes so HR isnt open and most of the managers will be gone by that time.

do they really expect us to change right after your shift and hand your "just worn" uniform everything back just like that? seems a bit sudden. lol

ReputationRep:
    Well I applied for a different job and haven't got a reply saying i didn't make it through yet with the other job it came to my e-mail in a matter of minutes so I'm taking this as a good sign maybe.

ReputationRep:
    Speak for yourself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramnaresh_2000)
    LOL I had my WOW training on tuesday..........what a load of crap.........atleast got 1 hour extra pay and did not work on checkouts for 2 hours........thanks to "wow" Training......I wish they start these kind of trainings everyday..... I realised how much sainsburys are wasting on wow training........Maybe in millions.......Better give away extra bonus instead of useless training which we already know and deliver.
    What is this WOW malarky everyone keeps talking about? I keep thinking world of warcraft lol (not that I play it by the way). To be honest anything that gets me off checkouts is fine by me lol.

Also, you jammy bugger for getting an admin job, do you apply for it online like the rest of the jobs? Or is it an internal thing?

ReputationRep:
    How much break do you get for a 6 hour shift? Is it just 15 minutes? I've never done longer than 5 hours before

(Original post by nikki1810)
    How much break do you get for a 6 hour shift? Is it just 15 minutes? I've never done longer than 5 hours before
    20 minutes. But my boss is nice so I get half an hour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tokyorose888)
    anyone know when we have to give all the stuff (uniform,locker keys etc.) back when we leave? on our last shift? or a day after that and who do we give it to? will they explain it to us or just keep us out in the cold about it?

I don't think they'd demand it there and then, I'm sure they'd want you to wash/iron it before returning. You can always just pop it into customer services when you can

ReputationRep:
    Sainsbury has got some vacancies in my area and was wondering if you can apply to two or more using the same account.

Thanx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShortyGetLow)
    I don't think they'd demand it there and then, I'm sure they'd want you to wash/iron it before returning. You can always just pop it into customer services when you can
    Personally, I'd like to give them something to remember me by - leaving the store naked. I never get changed in the store haha... so that could be interesting. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zahib18)
    Sainsbury has got some vacancies in my area and was wondering if you can apply to two or more using the same account.

Thanx

It wouldn't let me...I think if you still have one being processed you can't although if you aren't successful you would be able to apply again (different job title though) This is only from my experience and might be wrong...

which area do you live in? I'm in lincolnshire

ReputationRep:
    There's a Sainsbury's thread OP...

And no, you can only apply one at a time with the current online system til such a point as you're rejected or successful. Your alternative is to create some new email addresses to apply for any others lol

ReputationRep:
    thanx for the info and 'Sociallyanxious' i live in leicester

(Original post by Longorefisher)
    Extra training is an euphimism for something more serious (usually). Besides - only practice will speed a person up - not more training
    I think you've misconstrued my post. I wasn't making reference to Sainsbury's policy on training, I was making the point that what she quoted (Trainer on IPM) makes it seem Sainsbury's is harsh on those who are slow. When in actual fact, the complete sentence could change that.

So I was wondering whether her book was a dig at Sainsbury's (and/or supermarkets in general) about the treatment of employees, or whether it was about a generic-supermarket employees views on customers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flipshot)
    You can read it online. I'm guessing its the full article, i've not read the paper.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-the-till.html

EDIT: The woman has wrote a book as well. The website has some sample chapters: http://www.thecheckoutgirl.co.uk/page3.htm

I always give more points based on how many bags they would have likely used if they didn't have there own. So if they have a trolley I normally give a few depending on how much shopping they had. Never had anything said about it to me, I don't think they even monitor it as long as you are actually adding bags for reuse.

I also don't get the one about her having to authorise alcohol for under 18s on checkouts, the Mail article said she started in Nov 2008. I started in Sept 08 and the policy had been changed to a supervisor only being able to authorise it before i joined. I recon shes just making a lot of this up.
    She says she was on till on her last day of work, Your not allowed to work with money on your last shift are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    She says she was on till on her last day of work, Your not allowed to work with money on your last shift are you?
    I think she walked out that day and never returned. I don't think she gave them notice about her leaving.

ReputationRep:
    What about John Lewis though? Two or more jobs at the same time??

ReputationRep:
    I really want to buy that book

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.