Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Cyril*Sneer)
    Hey!

Quick question that has probably been asked 73 times (In a bit of a rush) Do temps get paid weekly?

Just handed in my notice at m&s (work in foods) and applied for a temp job at sainsbury nightshift stock. Done early fill, stock, ticketing, reduction etc at m&s. Can earn roughly the same money working 3 nights at sains than working 5 days at m&s and I'd have no or very little customer interaction which suits me down to the ground.

Did apply for this position before and had a bad 'interview' turned up to be 'interviewed' but the 'interviewer' was told I was there to do a job trial. I was wearing interview clothing and high heels not very practical for the trial. It was 11pm on a Sunday night and I had no way of getting home at 2am as parents were drunk and I did not have money to get a cab. Was a waste of time really. I was tempted to phone recruitment and ask what happened and why I was told it would be the dvd interview etc. I felt a bit angry as if I'd known it was a trial I would have made transport arrangements and worn suitable clothing.

Right enough blab got to go to work!

Thanks
    That's strange. I only had to do the DVD thing for my job interview, no trial needed. You should phone them up because that's really weird.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

Quick question that has probably been asked 73 times (In a bit of a rush) Do temps get paid weekly?

Just handed in my notice at m&s (work in foods) and applied for a temp job at sainsbury nightshift stock. Done early fill, stock, ticketing, reduction etc at m&s. Can earn roughly the same money working 3 nights at sains than working 5 days at m&s and I'd have no or very little customer interaction which suits me down to the ground.

Did apply for this position before and had a bad 'interview' turned up to be 'interviewed' but the 'interviewer' was told I was there to do a job trial. I was wearing interview clothing and high heels not very practical for the trial. It was 11pm on a Sunday night and I had no way of getting home at 2am as parents were drunk and I did not have money to get a cab. Was a waste of time really. I was tempted to phone recruitment and ask what happened and why I was told it would be the dvd interview etc. I felt a bit angry as if I'd known it was a trial I would have made transport arrangements and worn suitable clothing.

Thanks

yeah, you should definitely call up. there was probably some missing communication needed there, like you should have had a proper interview process and in your induction you should have had a trial/look how things are done. This would have been at separate times. Doesn't sound right at all.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

Thanks
    You get paid monthly, on the same day as any other person - whether part time / full time.

With regards to the second part of your question; Their not allowed to do "trials". A member of management in my store did the exact same thing and got a disciplinary - mainly because they arn't on contract and they are therefore not covered by whatever insurance policy is covering employees.

I also think that it may be illegal to do "trials" - discrimination?

Since you was in high heels, they have a legal obligation to provide you with proper equipment - breaking health and safety laws and rules. You should write a letter to Sainsbury's and the store manager and tell them it is unacceptable.

What store was this shambles of an "interview"?

Has this thread been merged into the old one or something? :eek:

Not THE old one, but it is another old one. Sucks :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Eh, what are you both talking about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    Eh, what are you both talking about?
    The thread has grown loads cos its been merged with one of the old ones

No work this weekend = WIN! :yes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Oh I see! :s

Work this weekend yay!!!! I can't wait. This week has been terrible and I need a distraction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Has this thread been merged into the old one or something? :eek:
    I think someone started a thread asking about Sainsburys, & admin put it into this one, now it says that thread starter started this one too :eek3:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Two days :woo: has anyone got anything planned for their wages? :rofl: me= xmas shopping

ReputationRep:
    So temps are paid monthly yes?

In regards to the trial/interview it happened at the beginning of the year.
    I do wish I had called up recruitment and questioned it but as I was unsuccessful I thought I'd probably come across as being bitter about the outcome.

I felt it was very unfair and I knew as soon as I walked out the store I had not got the job because I didn't stay and do a trial. If I had stayed I'd probably have been in with a chance.

If I am called up and invited to interview I think I may raise the issue, explain I have been to the store previously and was asked to do a trial and did not have an interview. Basically get them to make sure I will be interviewed in a fair manner and by the book.

I wish I had said something after I went to the 'interview' but I kinda still hoped I would get it and didn't want to ruin my chances by complaining.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Ah, right. Well if it was a while ago don't worry. I'm sure you'll have a proper interview this time =)

ReputationRep:
    Well I hope I get an interview and a proper one at that!!
    I have been to 3 sainsburys interviews, you could say I am a bit keen to work there.

First time I was offered the job but the same day I was offered something closer to home with better pay so I had to decline.

Second time I was unsuccessful.

Third time was that shambolic 'interview'

I am pretty much desperate to get the job. This position is at the Sainsburys store nearest to me. No bus fares or lifts required can walk there in 10 minutes or 5 minutes downhill on my pushbike. The other interviews were at the store across town.

I hope I get an interview. I've passed the online test 3 times previously, hope I did it right this time.

ReputationRep:
    So temps are paid monthly yes?

In regards to the trial/interview it happened at the beginning of the year.
    I do wish I had called up recruitment and questioned it but as I was unsuccessful I thought I'd probably come across as being bitter about the outcome.

I felt it was very unfair and I knew as soon as I walked out the store I had not got the job because I didn't stay and do a trial. If I had stayed I'd probably have been in with a chance.

If I am called up and invited to interview I think I may raise the issue, explain I have been to the store previously and was asked to do a trial and did not have an interview. Basically get them to make sure I will be interviewed in a fair manner and by the book.

I wish I had said something after I went to the 'interview' but I kinda still hoped I would get it and didn't want to ruin my chances by complaining.
    Write a strong worded letter to the manager and head office - they might offer you a job to shut you up?

THREATEN THEM WITH UNWANTED PUBLICITY!!!

ReputationRep:
    hello
    I had an interview 3 weeks ago. But I haven't heard anything since. I called up once and emailed them aswell. They replied by saying that the other 3 candidates have not been interviewed so far. But during my interview I saw 3 other people there for interviews but I'm not sure if it was for the same role but I'm assuming it was. When will they break the silence. I really want to work for Sainsburys. Should I contact the store and speak to the Interviewer or Just wait a bit longer and call Sainsburys recruitment line again. ?

Also would applying for other sainsburys vacancies kills off my chances the interviewed store??

The interviewer won't know anything. They have no part in deciding who does and who doesn't get the job.

I don't think it lets you apply for other vacancies if you already have an open application?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Call them up again. BTW, they don't necessarily interview people for a role all at the same time. I did my interview dvd test with another girl but she was applying for a different role.

ReputationRep:
    Two days :woo: has anyone got anything planned for their wages? :rofl: me= xmas shopping
    I'm going to do a bit of xmas shopping I think Inksplodge. I kinda fancy getting my mum those pink furry slippers that go in the microwave to be heated up :yes: Flippin dear, but could be cool with the discount I suppose.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    I'm going to do a bit of xmas shopping I think Inksplodge. I kinda fancy getting my mum those pink furry slippers that go in the microwave to be heated up :yes: Flippin dear, but could be cool with the discount I suppose.
    Oh ahh, that sounds nice

ReputationRep:
    The stars have aligned so that I get my wages and SLC money on the same day.

Guilty.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.