Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    You can also get tossers who help you buy pushing it into your ankles :-|

ReputationRep:
    ooh our PLU lists changed into pictures this week. took me a little while to get used to it lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_moonlight)
    Hiya, just thought I'd introduce myself in this thread as I basically joined to post here.

Anyway, I'm a college student and I've been working part time at sainsburys for about 5 months now. I'm a customer service assistant so spend most of my time on checkouts, and overall I quite enjoy it!
    Hello fellow Sainsberian.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

Anyone signed up for Xmas work yet? Anyone know which days you get time and a half on?

ReputationRep:
    I am so glad I get one day a week where I start early. I leave work at 10am on a saturday & the shops already rammed! Doesn't anyone have a lie in anymore!
    Dreading xmas time (
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'm soooo glad I don't work with customers really, only for 1 hour a week out of my 30 :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Don't you all hate it when people always ask for cashback whilst entering their pin and then you have to pull their card out and they get impatient and think it's YOUR fault. And also when you have to write in the challenges and refusals book and the next customer stands there with their arms folded because they are not being served immediately.

ReputationRep:
    Modern Warfare 2 for the 360 released next week... £26, or £22.10 with discount!
    Much cheaper than Amazon... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Call-Duty-Mo...7605077&sr=8-1

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/51895...are-2-xbox-360

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louisdf)
    Don't you all hate it when people always ask for cashback whilst entering their pin and then you have to pull their card out and they get impatient and think it's YOUR fault. And also when you have to write in the challenges and refusals book and the next customer stands there with their arms folded because they are not being served immediately.
    Absolutely... even worse when they ask for cashback after they've entered their pin and its gone to "Remove Card" on the pin pad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    Modern Warfare 2 for the 360 released next week... £26, or £22.10 with discount!
    Much cheaper than Amazon... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Call-Duty-Mo...7605077&sr=8-1

Hmmm, i might buy if thats true. Could be a bit cheeky and try and get it the day before it comes out too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Hmmm, i might buy if thats true. Could be a bit cheeky and try and get it the day before it comes out too.
    Get a head start on everyone else!

ReputationRep:
    Exactlamento.

Though i cant play on live because my internet connection is awfull, id probably play the single player then trade it in for assassins creed 2 or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morris743)
    Hey guys

Anyone signed up for Xmas work yet? Anyone know which days you get time and a half on?
    New contracts don't get time and a half.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    New contracts don't get time and a half.
    You mean working your arse off on Christmas Eve or Boxing day you still get paid £5.75? I think I might quit right now. That is outrageous.

You mean working your arse off on Christmas Eve or Boxing day you still get paid £5.75? I think I might quit right now. That is outrageous.
    Public holidays get time and a half, but not Sundays/on overtime like people on the old contracts.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

Ive signed up for 4am starts, but not overtime, & I have a lot of xmas week booked off, so its all good :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)

that was meant to be a secret, like the other dvd, cds and hardware promotions coming this week.
    they don't want to be undercut by other supermarkets. it is however not confirmed until monday, so it could go up.

so tuesday morning staff, expect to see huge queues. :yep:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by FXX)
    Public holidays get time and a half, but not Sundays/on overtime like people on the old contracts.
    I work boxing day and new years day by default (they're on the days I work usually), do I get time & a half or not? Not doing any overtime, though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    I work boxing day and new years day by default (they're on the days I work usually), do I get time & a half or not? Not doing any overtime, though...
    Are you working on the proper boxing day which is actually Monday (christmas is on Friday) or do you mean Saturday. If its the actual boxing day then you will, the Saturday isn't actually a bank holiday but they may still pay it as one anyway.

You will New years day though.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys wondered if u cud help me out. Last night, well morning, around 2am i got a voicemail from a number i couldn't identify (no number left, no option to return call) from someone claiming to be from Sainsburys UK. They said they had been looking at payroll archives and that i'd been overpaid by 200 or so, i left the company about September for Uni so dont work there anymore.

The guy went on to say i should call him back preferably by Monday, even though he didnt leave a number, the number couldnt be retrieved and then he said "you can find the number on the website". Strangely enough, Sainsbury's never had this mobile number they rang when i worked there, and the call came in at such an ungodly hour and they called me "Alex" whereas my payroll/record name is "Alexander".

Any thoughts on this is just a fast one being pulled by a mate or is this real? TY

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.