Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sainsburys thread MK ll watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderKing)
    hey guys wondered if u cud help me out. Last night, well morning, around 2am i got a voicemail from a number i couldn't identify (no number left, no option to return call) from someone claiming to be from Sainsburys UK. They said they had been looking at payroll archives and that i'd been overpaid by 200 or so, i left the company about September for Uni so dont work there anymore.

The guy went on to say i should call him back preferably by Monday, even though he didnt leave a number, the number couldnt be retrieved and then he said "you can find the number on the website". Strangely enough, Sainsbury's never had this mobile number they rang when i worked there, and the call came in at such an ungodly hour and they called me "Alex" whereas my payroll/record name is "Alexander".

Any thoughts on this is just a fast one being pulled by a mate or is this real? TY
    I would phone up the store you worked for/the payroll office and say you have been phoned up and they left you a message, but i reckon it is probably is someone trying to play tricks on you.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by flipshot)
    Are you working on the proper boxing day which is actually Monday (christmas is on Friday) or do you mean Saturday. If its the actual boxing day then you will, the Saturday isn't actually a bank holiday but they may still pay it as one anyway.

You will New years day though.
    The Saturday. :tongue:!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mug51)
    that was meant to be a secret, like the other dvd, cds and hardware promotions coming this week.
    they don't want to be undercut by other supermarkets. it is however not confirmed until monday, so it could go up.

so tuesday morning staff, expect to see huge queues. :yep:
    Yeah, people find out, it hits the net, half the world find out!

Good on sainsbury's though, starting the price wars... they have had a lot of great deals lately.

ReputationRep:
    It is still 6 months before we get our discount cards, isn't it? I've worked at sainsburys for around 5 months now but I've heard of people who have gotten their discount card a month or so early. I was just wondering when I'm likely to get it as the 15% discount at the moment would be brilliant for my family

I also agree with the people who have recently said how annoying it is when people ask for cash back after they have entered their pin and the transaction has finished!

One thing that really annoyed me yesterday was people who have trolleys and go to basket only tills - do some people not fully understand the concept of basket only tills? Yesterday we had one person who came through with a trolley and then all of a sudden 5 more people do it because they think it's ok and there is absolutely no space for the people who actually have baskets to access a till and pay for their shopping. Anyway, rant over

I do quite enjoy working for sainsburys overall though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_moonlight)
    One thing that really annoyed me yesterday was people who have trolleys and go to basket only tills - do some people not fully understand the concept of basket only tills? Yesterday we had one person who came through with a trolley and then all of a sudden 5 more people do it because they think it's ok and there is absolutely no space for the people who actually have baskets to access a till and pay for their shopping. Anyway, rant over

I do quite enjoy working for sainsburys overall though!

I know it really gets on my nerves as well, old people say that baskets are too heavy so they have to use a trolley even if they only have a carton of milk and some bread. IT DOESN'T MATTER-if you have a trolley, you cannot use a basket till period!

ReputationRep:
    Do we get time and a half or double time on Xmas eve etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louisdf)
    I know it really gets on my nerves as well, old people say that baskets are too heavy so they have to use a trolley even if they only have a carton of milk and some bread. IT DOESN'T MATTER-if you have a trolley, you cannot use a basket till period!
    Exactly! If you have a trolley, go to a main till. I wouldn't have the guts to turn anyone away though. But it's really unfair on the customers who have baskets if they have to wait for someone who has a trolley to finish paying for their shopping first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColinM89)
    Do we get time and a half or double time on Xmas eve etc?
    You won't on Christmas Eve as its a normal working day.

You should get bank holiday premium (which makes it almost time and a half) for working Christmas Day, Boxing Day (which this year is the monday after christmas) and New Years Day the rest of the time over Christmas is just a normal working day so normal pay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    Modern Warfare 2 for the 360 released next week... £26, or £22.10 with discount!
    Much cheaper than Amazon... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Call-Duty-Mo...7605077&sr=8-1

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/51895...are-2-xbox-360
    Oh I hope they have some left at 9am when I start work tues!

ReputationRep:
    You won't on Christmas Eve as its a normal working day.

You should get bank holiday premium (which makes it almost time and a half) for working Christmas Day, Boxing Day (which this year is the monday after christmas) and New Years Day the rest of the time over Christmas is just a normal working day so normal pay.

Does that include if you do overtime?Because when I worked on the bank holiday in August, I only got paid extra for the 4 hours I was contracted to do, but not the other 4 which was overtime that day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    get them to hold one back for you :yep:, they should had more than 150 copies on each format.

been fairly hypocritical today, i didn't allow a customer to reserve a copy, told them it's first come first serve basis and that if she is coming in at 8am then she will be fine.
    later on i reserved one for a colleague, and i'm also gonna keep one for myself. oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louisdf)
    Does that include if you do overtime?Because when I worked on the bank holiday in August, I only got paid extra for the 4 hours I was contracted to do, but not the other 4 which was overtime that day.
    It includes everything. You should have been paid extra on the august bank holiday for everything you worked. I always signed up for overtime on Bank Holidays and got paid extra each time.

ReputationRep:
    What day is modern warfare out?

ReputationRep:
    tuesday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mug51)
    get them to hold one back for you :yep:, they should had more than 150 copies on each format.

been fairly hypocritical today, i didn't allow a customer to reserve a copy, told them it's first come first serve basis and that if she is coming in at 8am then she will be fine.
    later on i reserved one for a colleague, and i'm also gonna keep one for myself. oh well.
    I wouldn't know who to ask Mug51, I'm in online

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morris743)
    You mean working your arse off on Christmas Eve or Boxing day you still get paid £5.75? I think I might quit right now. That is outrageous.
    Thats right, but I get paid £6.60 an hour. You get a bank holiday premium if you work on bank holiday.

ReputationRep:
    It includes everything. You should have been paid extra on the august bank holiday for everything you worked. I always signed up for overtime on Bank Holidays and got paid extra each time.
    If you book holidya on a bank holiday week, you get the bank holiday premium too - even if your not meant to work it.

ReputationRep:
    I just been in and reserved mine. How cheap :yep:
    I saw it too... I wanted to buy it then :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't know who to ask Mug51, I'm in online
    awwww, anyone from the GM department will help you, or just go to customer service and they either probably point you to someone or put a call out. i'm sure they are all friendly people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderKing)
    hey guys wondered if u cud help me out. Last night, well morning, around 2am i got a voicemail from a number i couldn't identify (no number left, no option to return call) from someone claiming to be from Sainsburys UK. They said they had been looking at payroll archives and that i'd been overpaid by 200 or so, i left the company about September for Uni so dont work there anymore.

The guy went on to say i should call him back preferably by Monday, even though he didnt leave a number, the number couldnt be retrieved and then he said "you can find the number on the website". Strangely enough, Sainsbury's never had this mobile number they rang when i worked there, and the call came in at such an ungodly hour and they called me "Alex" whereas my payroll/record name is "Alexander".

Any thoughts on this is just a fast one being pulled by a mate or is this real? TY
    They wouldn't say Sainsbury's UK. They'd say Sainsbury's Plc or Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd.

And they'd contact you by post.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.