Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_moonlight)
    It is still 6 months before we get our discount cards, isn't it? I've worked at sainsburys for around 5 months now but I've heard of people who have gotten their discount card a month or so early. I was just wondering when I'm likely to get it as the 15% discount at the moment would be brilliant for my family

I also agree with the people who have recently said how annoying it is when people ask for cash back after they have entered their pin and the transaction has finished!

One thing that really annoyed me yesterday was people who have trolleys and go to basket only tills - do some people not fully understand the concept of basket only tills? Yesterday we had one person who came through with a trolley and then all of a sudden 5 more people do it because they think it's ok and there is absolutely no space for the people who actually have baskets to access a till and pay for their shopping. Anyway, rant over

I do quite enjoy working for sainsburys overall though!
    they get the card early, but it dosent get activated until the 6 month mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    Thats right, but I get paid £6.60 an hour. You get a bank holiday premium if you work on bank holiday.
    £6.60? What position is that? How long have you worked there? Sorry, questions questions!:p:

ReputationRep:
    So, who else is checkout trained works on shopfloor but ignores the checkout people when they say on the tannoy "Good afternoon this is a colleague announcement could all checkout trained staff please report to checkouts". It's how i pass the hours at work lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dannytee)
    So, who else is checkout trained works on shopfloor but ignores the checkout people when they say on the tannoy "Good afternoon this is a colleague announcement could all checkout trained staff please report to checkouts". It's how i pass the hours at work lol.
    Me me me so glad I don't work on entertainment anymore was right next to checkout manager ahhh

I have my own game called 'never get till trained in the first place, then watch the duties face drop when he asks me if I'm till trained on a busy day'. I know I'd hate checkouts lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dannytee)
    Yeah i play that, but our store is so small i usually end up getting an earfull if i do it.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'm not till trained and I work nights anyway :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morris743)
    £6.60? What position is that? How long have you worked there? Sorry, questions questions!:p:
    I'm on checkouts, but I live in London, as my living costs are meant to be higher than say - someone in Yorkshire. My contract actually says £6.60 p/h.

I think they do it so they remain a competitive place to work in line with local employment.

I have been there a year since September.

did everyone get that letter with their payslip? Very snazzy. Only thing is, they should have used a typeface that looked like it had printed in after it was printed, because at first I didn't realise it was personalised to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    I'm on checkouts, but I live in London, as my living costs are meant to be higher than say - someone in Yorkshire. My contract actually says £6.60 p/h.

I think they do it so they remain a competitive place to work in line with local employment.

I have been there a year since September.

did everyone get that letter with their payslip? Very snazzy. Only thing is, they should have used a typeface that looked like it had printed in after it was printed, because at first I didn't realise it was personalised to me
    Snazzy letter? Can't say I've ever had one of these from Sainsbury's thus far?!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    A snazzy letter? I got a photocopied piece of paper if that counts, LOLZ.

I got the snazzy letter/booklet thing too. Sainsburys gets a big thumbs up for that.

ReputationRep:
    My store has actually banned people from doing overtime this Christmas :\
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    My store has actually banned people from doing overtime this Christmas :\
    Wow! How odd.

Do you guys mean the SSA letter thing? I'm still not a member... :woo:

ReputationRep:
    work wont put COD too one side for me

ReputationRep:
    so tonight was eventful

i had about 100 phonecalls asking for the SAME thing
    "is this a 24 hr store? Are you doing the midnight launch of the call of duty game!"
    "Can you reserve me 10 of the games"
    "Can i have the game now?"

lol i swear to god, i have probably repeated myself so many times its unreal.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i rang up just now and was speaking to the duty manager, i asked "can you do me a favour" his reply was "if you want a dvd game thing then i cant, its not fair on everyone else" im getting phonecalls off my mum to buy one for my bros, but apparently its a one per customer thing. I think i might go to the store before it opens and get inside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    Wow! How odd.

Do you guys mean the SSA letter thing? I'm still not a member... :woo:
    Hmm it might be just for this month but grrr I was relying on overtime to get money to spend on presents!!

ReputationRep:
    They are gunna sell out quickly.. I can see it! Then there will be angry gamers

I hope they don't lose my copy... I've seen it, it has my name on it.. and I'll go down at like 9 tomorrow.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    you poor people, lol. so glad I don't have to deal with customers :woo: you must be going mad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    I got the snazzy letter/booklet thing too. Sainsburys gets a big thumbs up for that.
    WHAT snazzy letter/booklet thing?!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.