Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How were the queues at your store?

I managed to grab a couple of copies (Xbox and PS3) but was told by the GM manager that he wa making an exception as customers were only allowed one copy? :eek:

I also did the thing I vowed never to do, purchase one for someone that wouldn't get served! Hahah! Shoot me!

ReputationRep:
    Jesus christ. All day I have been bombarded with COD related questions, phone calls and console requests. Must be earning loads.

In the 6hours I was there 100 PS2's PS3's must have been sold. Srsly.

ReputationRep:
    PS3s as in the console? Or 100 copies of the PS3 game?

Mine got delivered this morning, well done sainsburys, ordered and delivered in just over 24 hours

ReputationRep:
    So did anybody's store have any more copies in today? We were sold out by 9 am.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I think he means PS3s! Wow! That's a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crawleytownfc)
    So did anybody's store have any more copies in today? We were sold out by 9 am.
    Yes, apparently theres a copy in my store waiting for me, i just got rang about it, apparently they did put one aside, after they said they wouldnt. :rolleyes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8353922.stm =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    Justin really doesn't sound like I think he should thought he would sound :o: weird..

Damn we're good
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by FXX)
    Damn we're good
    :cool: Sainsbury's is where it's at!

ReputationRep:
    He's a handsome chap really isn't he! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Damn we're good
    It's all down to us!!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    We're hard workers :woo:

*DING-DONG*

Colleague announcement, could FXX, Oh-No! and Inksplodge report to the Kings office. Service (Corp. Arse-licking) call!

:rofl:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Well, that ain't nice!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/shop...nav=4294966261 £170, i want :'(

ReputationRep:
    Just accepted an offer for 2 nights general assistant. Induction is like next tuesday. Few q's hoping someone could help us answer.

Do I get paid for induction?
    What shall I not wear/wear to induction?
    Pay is every 4 weeks (assuming), but interview guy said i'll be getting paid first payslip beginning/end of first week in dec, that makes only 2 weeks from starting?
    How many days can I expect for holidays?
    How much overtime can I do should I wish?
    How many breaks do I get per shift? For lunch, cig, etc.

Any other advice for a new employee will be much appreciated. And sorry to ask so many, I'd rather ask online then act like a total noob on the first day.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyril*Sneer)
    Got my interview today! I better pass as I'm unemployed now.
    Best of luck. Had my interview last night.

The test is just a little to sort the umm you know. But be prepared for the 'what do you know about sainsburys' question in the 1-1. I'm guessing that won me some favours as I got into a little friendly chin-wag with the guy about it and what the 'others' are doing wrong that sainsburys isn't. Just remember they're probably making careers out of working there so arse kissing totally goes a long way at times!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freshapple)
    Just accepted an offer for 2 nights general assistant. Induction is like next tuesday. Few q's hoping someone could help us answer.

Do I get paid for induction?
    What shall I not wear/wear to induction?
    Pay is every 4 weeks (assuming), but interview guy said i'll be getting paid first payslip beginning/end of first week in dec, that makes only 2 weeks from starting?
    How many days can I expect for holidays?
    How much overtime can I do should I wish?
    How many breaks do I get per shift? For lunch, cig, etc.

Any other advice for a new employee will be much appreciated. And sorry to ask so many, I'd rather ask online then act like a total noob on the first day.

Thanks!
    You do get paid for induction. It doesn't matter too much what you wear, I wore black jeans and a t-shirt if I remember correctly. They'll give you uniform at some point anyway so you'll be wearing that once they give it to you.

We do get paid every four weeks, and you'll be getting paid two weeks after starting just because everyone gets paid at the same time, so you'll get paid for those two weeks and then every four weeks as usual.

How many days you get for holiday depends how many hours you do. I do twelve hours a week and I think I get about 70 hours holiday.

Overtime depends, sometimes there is quite a bit and sometimes there is non available, it can also depend on your store. Breaks depend on how many hours you do as well, I do five and a half hours one day and get 15 mins, and another day I do 6 and a half hours and get 20 minutes. Not sure about other shifts.

Extra advice - the trousers are rubbish, mine are too small at the waist but too long and other people complain about them as well, so you could well end up wearing your own. Nobody tends to notice.

Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyril*Sneer)
    Got my interview today! I better pass as I'm unemployed now.
    Fingers crossed for you, its a good time of year to go for a job at Sainsburys I reckon :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.