Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I work for Sainsburys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Fingers crossed for you, its a good time of year to go for a job at Sainsburys I reckon :yep:
    I highly doubt thats true! I've been looking twice every day on the website for jobs in west london and nothing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Fingers crossed for you, its a good time of year to go for a job at Sainsburys I reckon :yep:
    I thought you said before that around christmas was a bad time because it was so busy :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/shop...nav=4294966261 £170, i want :'(
    Go for it! You won't get another opportunity any time soon :yep:

(Original post by Cyril*Sneer)
    Got my interview today! I better pass as I'm unemployed now.
    Good Luck - Fingers crossed!!

ReputationRep:
    Will there be a Christmas bonus for all of us this year? How long do you have to have worked at Sainsbury's to get it? And how much is it?!

ReputationRep:
    What should I wear to the induction days? Thanks

I'm a guy.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by AsTallAsLions)
    What should I wear to the induction days? Thanks

I'm a guy.
    The guys at my induction wore a shirt, smart trousers, jumper, and smart shoes. We got our uniform the same day anyway so it didn't really matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    The guys at my induction wore a shirt, smart trousers, jumper, and smart shoes. We got our uniform the same day anyway so it didn't really matter.
    Great thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    Just started working in Sainsburys.
    Im a team leader on the counters.
    Anyone able to tell me the differences in being a team leader?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    Go for it! You won't get another opportunity any time soon :yep:

Good Luck - Fingers crossed!!
    I would if there where in stock

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShaunceHearts)
    Hello!
    Just started working in Sainsburys.
    Im a team leader on the counters.
    Anyone able to tell me the differences in being a team leader?
    You get paid more than counter assistants :p: and you'd probably have more responsibilities such as looking after new counter assistants, flight (:confused:), opening/closing the counter etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morris743)
    Will there be a Christmas bonus for all of us this year? How long do you have to have worked at Sainsbury's to get it? And how much is it?!
    The almighty Justin King (:yep:) got rid of Christmas bonuses back in 2004. To make up for it staff discount is increased to 15% over the Christmas period.

AFAIK bonuses are calculated on how much you earn, the percentage your store has qualified to receive (based on company profits, and store MAC and MCM results) , and how long you've worked there for. So if you started 3 months ago then you'd get less than someone who worked throughout that year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyle_y)
    The almighty Justin King (:yep:) got rid of Christmas bonuses back in 2004. To make up for it staff discount is increased to 15% over the Christmas period.

AFAIK bonuses are calculated on how much you earn, the percentage your store has qualified to receive (based on company profits, and store MAC and MCM results) , and how long you've worked there for. So if you started 3 months ago then you'd get less than someone who worked throughout that year.
    I thought there was a big bonus last Christmas though?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddikins)
    I thought you said before that around christmas was a bad time because it was so busy :p:
    I said its a bad time to WORK for them, because its busy! Not a bad time to get a job there. The more we can get the easier it is for us! Anyway, dont be telling the new boy/girl that! You will put them off

ReputationRep:
    Ive just realised ive been at Painsburys a year next week! Its gone pretty fast really

ReputationRep:
    Haha, ive been at Sainos, a year, the week after next, 22nd of nov 08 was my induction!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i've been here a month and a half

ReputationRep:
    Applied today for a sales assistant role in the general merchandise section. How long before I here about an interview?

On a side note, I've actually had dinner with Justin King and he's quite a cool guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    Applied today for a sales assistant role in the general merchandise section. How long before I here about an interview?

On a side note, I've actually had dinner with Justin King and he's quite a cool guy.
    Could be a week, could be a month! All depends on your store But considering it's coming up to the holiday period I'd say they'll give you a call pretty soon

Justin King?! The Master?!:eek3: How, why, where?!

I've been there a year and three months. Still got about two and a half years at least though, unless something happens.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.