Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    I saw the results of the regions MCM recently and it appears we have a new MCM person because all of a sudden we have been getting 90's-95%'s, whereas other stores are not getting 70's-80's in the region ahah.
    So does each store have it's own mystery customer who rates that particular store everytime?

(Original post by kyle_y)
    So does each store have it's own mystery customer who rates that particular store everytime?
    Nah, they hire a company to send a random mystery customer once a period.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    They are hired by an external company. They are asked to go into the store and rate the staff. They may or may not be doing a shop. It depends on if the person usually uses Sainsbury's or not, or whether they actually need to go shopping. So to answer your question, its unique to every store. Sometimes the customer service manager will do an acompanied walk with a customer, but I don't think that has anything to do with your MCM scores. Although they do get a money off voucher.

I saw the results of the regions MCM recently and it appears we have a new MCM person because all of a sudden we have been getting 90's-95%'s, whereas other stores are not getting 70's-80's in the region ahah.

Also, has anyone elses store started highlighting the MAC line labels? Those that are subject to inspection are highlighted in pink now -shrug-
    Our MAC lines all have an M in the red box on the far side of the SEL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Writer14)
    Our MAC lines all have an M in the red box on the far side of the SEL.
    Ours have a name badge label saying MAC LINE.. makes it stand out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyle_y)
    As someone else said, because it is an external company, you don't know who they will send it. It could well be though that the only person employed in your particular area may do your Mystery Shop more than once.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    arggg my knife thing snapped. how can i attach it to my trousers now? i'm so gonna lose it if i don't put it on my trousers lol.

Get a new one :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    I havn't, we don't stock consoles in our store, i might ring around and see if any of the others have them though.
    Have you got one yet?
    We keep getting deliveries, so definately worth trying another store if they still aren't online, as we know what they are like with restocking there!

On another note... my xbox broke last night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    Have you got one yet?
    We keep getting deliveries, so definitely worth trying another store if they still aren't online, as we know what they are like with restocking there!

On another note... my xbox broke last night
    I rang a store in work, and the bike superstore near me wouldn't answer there bloody phone!

ReputationRep:
    OK, so i rang again after i posted, the answered, and now im a proud owner of a £170 ps3 slim
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by FXX)
    Get a new one :p:
    I might ask when I'm in next :awesome:

We are switching over to the new uniform too, and whaat! The night shift trousers (ladies) are SO BIG. Not even a belt is going to sort them out!

ReputationRep:
    OK, so i rang again after i posted, the answered, and now im a proud owner of a £170 ps3 slim
    Lucky thing you!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here have trouble with their eyes after working a day in Sainsbury's? It doesn't matter if it's on checkouts, shopfloor, whatever, my eyes really pain for like a day or 2 after working there. To the extent I have to keep opening and closing them to see properly!! Not good. Never had it before in my 18 years of life...thought it was an eye infection at first but it keeps coming back every day I work there. Surely it can't be the lights, I've worked in places with lots of lights before and no problem at all. Maybe my store has dirt in the air? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Lucky thing you!
    Spoiler:
    Show

My lovely set up atm, just need a bigger tv
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by morris743)
    Does anyone here have trouble with their eyes after working a day in Sainsbury's? It doesn't matter if it's on checkouts, shopfloor, whatever, my eyes really pain for like a day or 2 after working there. To the extent I have to keep opening and closing them to see properly!! Not good. Never had it before in my 18 years of life...thought it was an eye infection at first but it keeps coming back every day I work there. Surely it can't be the lights, I've worked in places with lots of lights before and no problem at all. Maybe my store has dirt in the air? lol
    I'd go and see the doctor and see what they suggest! I don't have that problem...

ReputationRep:
    glad you manage to bag one, was gonna say i imagine i could send one down your route since we got another 9 in this afternoon. There really is no room to store them, not to mention 10 37" TV's also came in today, our stock room is so crazy :woo:. every other department keep theirs tidy while ours, we do try but the bulkies go and come back in.

the ps3 offer changes on wednesday so if you want a £170 ps3 cazzy, then you better act fast.

on the eye issue, i don't have anything given to me by sainsbury's although this late afternoon, my eyes went fuzzy for 5 seconds then back to normal again, but that happens now and again. probably tiredness.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

There's a team leader vacancy in my store for checkouts and I'd really like to apply for it. Only thing is, I can come across as quite shy and am wondering if this would have an affect on my application. I'm not actually very shy at all once you get to know me, I just can't be arsed with idle chit chat and sucking up to people with authority.

Do they base team leader applications purely on your interview or is it how they've seen you in the store beforehand? I've been there about 6 months now, on checkouts all that time.

Thanks for reading!

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

Basicly i came to ask what the process is like for getting a job at sainsbury's? I applied online for a customer service assistant vacany. When can i expect a call back? (if i passed the online test). I'm 16 and in college so it would be part time btw

Thanks
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by adam14193)
    Hi!

Basicly i came to ask what the process is like for getting a job at sainsbury's? I applied online for a customer service assistant vacany. When can i expect a call back? (if i passed the online test). I'm 16 and in college so it would be part time btw

Thanks
    If you pass the initial stage they will send you an email and a text message. Then you'll arrange an interview date. The interview will consist of two parts- a DVD test (very straightforward) and a one-to-one with whoever is in charge of your interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    If you pass the initial stage they will send you an email and a text message. Then you'll arrange an interview date. The interview will consist of two parts- a DVD test (very straightforward) and a one-to-one with whoever is in charge of your interview.
    Thanks for the quick reply
    So im guessing if it's been over a week, i've been unsuccesful?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.