Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crawleytownfc)
    I didn't put what I honestly thought I would do, just what I thought they wanted to hear.
    Oh no! :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I've been working at Sainsbury's for about 6 months now.... I am TERRIBLE at interviews, i'd already failed them at other places before applying for Sainsbury's.

Giving my track record with interviews I don't think my Sainsbury's one was great, I panic when asked sudden questions etc...i'm just not good at interviews lol

anyway, I got the job, so despite me being rubbish on the day and prob getting all the answers wrong, I must have done something right

ReputationRep:
    Wooohoooo! Induction tomorrow! I'm sooo happy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mug51)
    i work on GM too but i have to say i hate the amount of change there is. i really cant be bothered with the christmas wraps and cards, they are dotted all over the place.
    i do like the entertainment side, different things everyweek, but domino tagging them is :woo:.

do people find it annoying when a customer asks you something, you say no and they ask someone else who turns to ask you?
    like last week an old lady asked me 'do you have the new rod stewart greatist hits cd in?', i pull off two rod stewart cds in the top 50 and show her the only rod stewart we have, but they weren't what she was after, so i apologised and said we don't do it. A few minutes later i get a tannoy for me, and it was the same customer for the same query. i should get a name badge that under my name should say 'I know my stuff on GM'.
    i don't like how the christmas cards are named, they're so hard to find when they're called things like 'glam tree luxury reindeer and robin' whaaaaat :')

But yes, a customer asked me if we did dvd players, i said no, 5 minutes later i was at the customer service desk telling the same customer we had no dvd players! gaaah waste of time :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahboden)
    i don't like how the christmas cards are named, they're so hard to find when they're called things like 'glam tree luxury reindeer and robin' whaaaaat :')

But yes, a customer asked me if we did dvd players, i said no, 5 minutes later i was at the customer service desk telling the same customer we had no dvd players! gaaah waste of time :woo:
    An old chap asked me today where the video's were bless him
    And the xmas things??? grrrrrr they come up on the amb2 shopping, under the health & beauty section. Does my head in. Give them a proper location for f..I mean god sake! lol

We get the Christmas chocolates and biscuits under amb2 (although a lot of them are in an amb1 aisle), the cards and stuff come under amb4 which I refuse to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    We get the Christmas chocolates and biscuits under amb2 (although a lot of them are in an amb1 aisle), the cards and stuff come under amb4 which I refuse to do
    How do you get away with refusing??? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahboden)
    lol i know what you mean, when it had to be first put out, there were only tickets out and 6 pallets of cards and wraps, we all spent ages looking for it's spot. Now it's like where's wally, look at the card then find it.

who would i go to ask if I want a reference? what is actually included in it, is it just a piece of paper that says i was working there from November 09 until whenever, or does it include something more detailed?
    i hate asking for favours off people.

(Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    How do you get away with refusing??? :eek:
    Because 1) they love me and 2) if they look at my amb4 pick speeds, they know to put me on amb1/amb2/chl1/chl2 instead :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Because 1) they love me and 2) if they look at my amb4 pick speeds, they know to put me on amb1/amb2/chl1/chl2 instead :p:
    lmao, no one is quick at the default picks!
    I am loving amb2 at the moment for some bizarre unknown reason.
    Chl1 involves cheese at our place, & I can never find them! :mad: Chl2 I am a whiz at though, & I love getting a frozen! (rare) lol
    We have set ones each, mine is amb1. But occasionally we get the others, so it doesn't get so boring.

ReputationRep:
    those bloody 3d glasses are driving me nuts lol, all sunday i was in teh desk getting abuse from customers because we ran out and then monday night i had the same abuse lol.

we have had them in for a week and half i think so why do customers come in on the week it happens?? argh lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angeo)
    those bloody 3d glasses are driving me nuts lol, all sunday i was in teh desk getting abuse from customers because we ran out and then monday night i had the same abuse lol.

we have had them in for a week and half i think so why do customers come in on the week it happens?? argh lol
    You'd think they were paying for them:rolleyes:

lmao, no one is quick at the default picks!
    I am loving amb2 at the moment for some bizarre unknown reason.
    Chl1 involves cheese at our place, & I can never find them! :mad: Chl2 I am a whiz at though, & I love getting a frozen! (rare) lol
    We have set ones each, mine is amb1. But occasionally we get the others, so it doesn't get so boring.
    I do a mix of everything, more ambient than chilled (no amb3 or 4 though), and some frozens. Cheese can be a pain when you've been off chilled for a while, but baby food in amb2 is the worst. Weirdly, I haven't got any problems with nappies that have worked their way into default. Amb1 is the easiest to get decent pick speeds on though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angeo)

I didnt even know about the 3d week until the weekend lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    I do a mix of everything, more ambient than chilled (no amb3 or 4 though), and some frozens. Cheese can be a pain when you've been off chilled for a while, but baby food in amb2 is the worst. Weirdly, I haven't got any problems with nappies that have worked their way into default. Amb1 is the easiest to get decent pick speeds on though.
    Yep, thats why I love it! I go like the clappers on my amb1's :yep:
    Amb3 is kiosk, booze, eggs & bread/bakery at our store. What a crazy mix in the totes that is! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Did you all get the Sharesave booklet in the post? On the face of it, it sounds quite good.. And then I read how if you make 60 £25 payments over 5 years you'd only get a bonus of £55 on top of that in the end. :-/

Yep, thats why I love it! I go like the clappers on my amb1's :yep:
    Amb3 is kiosk, booze, eggs & bread/bakery at our store. What a crazy mix in the totes that is! :rolleyes:
    Yeah ours is all that except eggs. I'm surprised you have booze and eggs on the same shop. I thought having cases of beer and bread together was bad enough... Eggs are on amb1 for us.

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

Well today I finally managed to pass a Sainsburys test and get an interview! I failed it so many times before! Now I have to worry about passing the DVD test at the interview :eek3: The lady on the phone said it's just common sense, basic maths and customer service - so hopefully I'll be ok! My interview for Counter Assistant is on Monday at 4pm.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, the test is easy yes, and some of the people who were in my induction had failed it, so I guess its more about the impression you give.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shifters)
    Good luck, the test is easy yes, and some of the people who were in my induction had failed it, so I guess its more about the impression you give.
    Thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.