Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do team leaders have a minimum term in their contract? i.e. you can't leave until after a certain amount of months if you're a team leader? Or is it the same 1-month notice period as everyone working there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Yeah ours is all that except eggs. I'm surprised you have booze and eggs on the same shop. I thought having cases of beer and bread together was bad enough... Eggs are on amb1 for us.
    Yes its crazy isn't it. I dont see why they're not on Amb1. Amb1 starts halfway down aisle 26. with crazy jacks nuts etc & long life milk opposite. Eggs are at the start of aisle 26, so why not put that on Amb1????

(Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Yes its crazy isn't it. I dont see why they're not on Amb1. Amb1 starts halfway down aisle 26. with crazy jacks nuts etc & long life milk opposite. Eggs are at the start of aisle 26, so why not put that on Amb1????
    If they're just down the aisle, can't you relocate them so they appear on the amb1 instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morris743)
    Do team leaders have a minimum term in their contract? i.e. you can't leave until after a certain amount of months if you're a team leader? Or is it the same 1-month notice period as everyone working there?
    Same notice period.

ReputationRep:
    Interview in an hour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    Interview in an hour
    Good luck. It'll be a breeze I'm sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    If they're just down the aisle, can't you relocate them so they appear on the amb1 instead?
    I dont think eggs shelves even have a location ticket on. Its on the gun as bakery aisle. Half the shelves at our place dont have location tickets. Xmas stuff comes up on ambient 2 as an aisle at the end of shampoo, but its 3 aisles away from health and beauty with unlabelled shelves, so you cant even relocate it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danpr)
    Same notice period.
    ty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Definitely check every day. They seem to update very regularly. If you see a position/hours you want, go for it then. I've left a job for the next day before because I know how long the filling form thing is (esp. when registering with a new email address - so you can apply for more jobs at the same time :ninja:) and by the next morning it'd be taken off the list! :pinch:

I applied for a temporary position last week and was interviewed on Friday, so there are still roles available. Actually, I don't know if it's temporary for Christmas or longer. :beard:
    You live in catford so it must be close. Which one is it? The saver centre in sydenham??

No, I ain't a stalker I remember you told me you lived in catfod in another thread. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShortyGetLow)
    I didnt even know about the 3d week until the weekend lol
    really?

because on sunday and monday customers were saying "the sun are only just advertising it though"

but ch4 have been advertising the 3d week for 2 weeks now and ive known about it at work for about a month.

i think it should have been regulated because i saw kids take a good handful of like 10 glasses lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Question)
    You live in catford so it must be close. Which one is it? The saver centre in sydenham??

No, I ain't a stalker I remember you told me you lived in catfod in another thread.
    Yep, but my Uni's in Nottingham so I'm safe here! Na na nana na, you can't stalk me! :p:
    Any luck in your search today?

Everyone at my store seems lovely so far!

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha funny maths section.

The girl who was also doing the test with ne actually worked out the total cost of the shampoo! (then erased her working out so she could look clever)

hopefully get the job. TBH I can't see myself getting less than 80% on that test, the only section that was tricky was the first one, where choosing the second and third best options was tricky.

Is there an overall pass mark, or does one have to pass each section.

ReputationRep:
    Is there anything to say you can't take a day off too close to christmas because it will be too busy?
    They said they would rather people not use their holiday entitlement around this time, but it's only a short shift on a monday evening when it's usually pretty quiet anyway.

(Original post by SolarEclipse)
    Is there anything to say you can't take a day off too close to christmas because it will be too busy?
    They said they would rather people not use their holiday entitlement around this time, but it's only a short shift on a monday evening when it's usually pretty quiet anyway.
    Ask your manager sooner rather than later, but even Mondays are super-busy around Christmas time.

ReputationRep:
    I got given a 4 week time table of shifts that my manager wants me to work over crimbo, nothing is set in stone though, i might not get to go home much this year, i do need the money

ReputationRep:
    There is a pass fail mark for each section, then an overall fro the whole test. TBH unless you can't tell your nose from your ear you'll be fine
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I got my timetable for xmas too but luckily only the week of xmas and new year are different =)

ReputationRep:
    They want me to work new years day, which im not too bothered about, i can never be arsed with new years eve anyway, its way to much effort for a number changing.

The only one im worried about is they want me to work the 27th of dec, and i dunno if i would be able to get back from home to uni in time.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'm working NYD too, not NYE though...

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask how much they pay someone aged 20? How stressful is it :o:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.