Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I get paid £6.23 an hour, i think all over 18s will get that, and the levels of stress depend on the dept really. On my dept im fine, but on checkouts i get proper stressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Botticello)
    Can I ask how much they pay someone aged 20? How stressful is it :o:
    I get paid £6.74 in surrey (over 18). They pay differently in all regions of the country based on living costs or something.

(Original post by Botticello)
    Can I ask how much they pay someone aged 20? How stressful is it :o:
    Depends which job you're doing.

ReputationRep:
    Got the job :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    Got the job :woo:
    :cheers:

ReputationRep:
    I get £6.07 and am in south west, on my way to work in a minnnnn.

and i think that the scale is from 18 upwards, only under 18's get a different pay?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I get paid £6.07, midlands =)

My job isn't thaaat stressful. I reckon it would be if there were loads of customers about though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    I get paid £6.07, midlands =)

My job isn't thaaat stressful. I reckon it would be if there were loads of customers about though.
    I will be one 6.07 too. In the Midlands. :ninja:

6.07 must be the starting wage? After 6 months you'll get more.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Yes I think that's right, FXX.

ReputationRep:
    Goes up to 6:23 after probation

ReputationRep:
    is there anybody who works in sainsbury who is 16 and still at school
    because ive heard you can get a job there at 16 but am still unsure?

(Original post by Junaid16)
    is there anybody who works in sainsbury who is 16 and still at school
    because ive heard you can get a job there at 16 but am still unsure?
    It depends. From the website, you're asked if you're of school leaving age (which I take it you're not). However, as long as you're sixteen, Sainsbury's will consider your application.

I'm aware of sixteen year olds who were still in school that worked at my local store. :yep:

Bare in mind however, that there are certain departments you won't be able to work in (Beers, Wines & Spirits and the Meat Counter) until you're eighteen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    It depends. From the website, you're asked if you're of school leaving age (which I take it you're not). However, as long as you're sixteen, Sainsbury's will consider your application.

I'm aware of sixteen year olds who were still in school that worked at my local store. :yep:

Bare in mind however, that there are certain departments you won't be able to work in (Beers, Wines & Spirits and the Meet Counter) until you're eighteen.
    Thanks that was very helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mug51)
    lol i know what you mean, when it had to be first put out, there were only tickets out and 6 pallets of cards and wraps, we all spent ages looking for it's spot. Now it's like where's wally, look at the card then find it.

who would i go to ask if I want a reference? what is actually included in it, is it just a piece of paper that says i was working there from November 09 until whenever, or does it include something more detailed?
    i hate asking for favours off people.
    They sent a form to my college tutor which was litterally just a checkbox questionaire. I'd imagine it would be the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angeo)
    those bloody 3d glasses are driving me nuts lol, all sunday i was in teh desk getting abuse from customers because we ran out and then monday night i had the same abuse lol.

we have had them in for a week and half i think so why do customers come in on the week it happens?? argh lol
    Our stand for it is next to the CSD and I actually watched people come up with plastic bags and fill them up...... eventually we had to limit it to 5 3D glasses per person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    I get paid £6.74 in surrey (over 18). They pay differently in all regions of the country based on living costs or something.

Wait.... did we get a pay rise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    We got one at the start of October.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    Yeah... back in September-ish time

ReputationRep:
    Have my induction on 2nd/3rd December. What normally happens at these (and will I be paid for them. It is 8 hours over 2 days!)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.