Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    lol wow! why are they paying??

ReputationRep:
    We kept getting people asking on sunday if we had any, and when we will get them back in, it was a case of replying "umm, doesn't it finish now? you wont need them"

ReputationRep:
    I got the job! Just need to call for my start date!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Nice one randomgirly, welcome :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Just called and got my inducation date for the 5th December 9am-6pm. Saturday?! Man that's a killer!! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RandomGirly)
    Thanks! Just called and got my inducation date for the 5th December 9am-6pm. Saturday?! Man that's a killer!! :eek3:
    i did half 7 in the morning till 6pm once so count yourself lucky lol
    enjoy, induction is hella boring but once you start to get trained it becomes better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angeo)
    i did half 7 in the morning till 6pm once so count yourself lucky lol
    enjoy, induction is hella boring but once you start to get trained it becomes better.
    I'll be thankful it's 9am then not 7.30. In fairness 7.30am on a Saturday is a time no human should ever see

So is the induction just the usual Health and Safety hooha then? I'm gonna be a Counter Assitant so what will my training involve? I'm also getting till trained apparently just in case they are short at any time!

ReputationRep:
    pft, i start at 6:30 every saturday,

ReputationRep:
    Got all my christmas hours now... I'm sure I'm going to regret saying yes to it all nearer the time lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Ouch! :eek3: I couldn't do that. I've only chosen evening shifts!

I start at 5.30 every Wednesday and Saturday (and any other days I can do as overtime) so yeah, you guys have it easy.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I start at 9pm on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and finish at 7am :awesome: I'm lovin' it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Same here! Well, 6am. I do wonder why people come in and do their shopping at 7am, if I didn't have to be in there then, I definately wouldn't be! Not on a saturday :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    Got all my christmas hours now... I'm sure I'm going to regret saying yes to it all nearer the time lol
    lol reminds me of one of our shoppers, she does 12 hours a week, but volunteered for a few all nighters over xmas. She said to me about a month ago, if she is foolish enough to offer to do any of that this year, to remind her how awful it was!

ReputationRep:
    How are your store for swine flu? Everyones coming down with it at the moment in our dept, its manic as there are so many off. And they're throwing up with it. I dont want it (!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I don't know of anyone with swine flu yet, seems to be ok so far. We're short staffed though :dontknow:

I don't think our store has it, but a few people have been off sick lately with various ailments. It hasn't got bad yet though. We're still coping with the workloads.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Apparently we're struggling- people being called in to do overtime etc. and we end up with about 6 on shift. Luckily I haven't been yet.

ReputationRep:
    my store is manic (waitrose though) half my section are missing for various reasons so i have been asked to go in after school pretty much everyday this week, and then i am doing all weekend and they wouldn't let me switch my hours from 5-8 to 4-7 tommorrow because aparently people are off

ReputationRep:
    A few people claimed to get it over the summer, but it was literally 1 or two people, and thats it.

100% of my department is always in though, because theres only me who does it at weekend, they would be screwed if i got ill.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.