Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    We get paid on Friday, as in a week today. The last day of the period is Saturday so you will get paid for the induction, but the rest goes into next months pay. Its every 4th friday we get paid though.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how to go about phoning in sick? I have the number for my store, so do I just call that? Can't say I've done it before lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wastedxtime)
    Does anyone know how to go about phoning in sick? I have the number for my store, so do I just call that? Can't say I've done it before lol.
    There should be an absence line number given to you. If you don't have it just phone the store, ask to speak to the duty manager, don't just tell the customer service desk you're ill

ReputationRep:
    okay, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've got two days for induction both 9am -5pm.
    Is that right?, seems a bit long to me - not that i'm complaining, as hopefully I'll get paid for it.

What normally happens at induction? more dvds?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Nevasleep)
    Is that right?, seems a bit long to me - not that i'm complaining, as hopefully I'll get paid for it.

What's your position? Maybe the second day is training for your role.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    What's your position? Maybe the second day is training for your role.
    Online Shopper

ReputationRep:
    I did a two day induction, we did the same on the first day as the second... paperwork, videos, tours round the store, more paperwork, getting uniform, more paperwork etc

Just remember you're being paid for it and you'll be fine

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Ok, this is a a bit of a random question but do you feel respected/valued working at Sainsburys?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    ..No. They never do me any favours, they swapped my contracted hours and then wouldn't let me book my birthday off, the person i was supposed to be swapping shifts with now won't do it, and it's all turned to ****. They're horrible when it comes to holidays imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RandomGirly)
    I'll be thankful it's 9am then not 7.30. In fairness 7.30am on a Saturday is a time no human should ever see

So is the induction just the usual Health and Safety hooha then? I'm gonna be a Counter Assitant so what will my training involve? I'm also getting till trained apparently just in case they are short at any time!
    you will do the same induction as everyone else no matter which department your on. its all about customer service, being nice polite etc lol you will get it rammed down your throat so much.

yeah you will probably get till trained but i wouldnt get happy about it lol if your dragged onto checkouts then your going to be behind on your work on your department. but your a counter assistant so it shouldnt really affect you that much. I am a runner so when i need level 1's i get shop floor i dnt really bother counter people.

have fun tomorow, it will be a bit boring but its fun too lol you get paid to sit and listen its awesome lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nevasleep)

yeah thats all induction and not even training lol,
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by matt4504)
    Ok, this is a a bit of a random question but do you feel respected/valued working at Sainsburys?

Thanks!
    Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. General rule of thumb at work is don't go out of your way to do more because it probs won't be appreciated :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angeo)
    you will do the same induction as everyone else no matter which department your on. its all about customer service, being nice polite etc lol you will get it rammed down your throat so much.

yeah you will probably get till trained but i wouldnt get happy about it lol if your dragged onto checkouts then your going to be behind on your work on your department. but your a counter assistant so it shouldnt really affect you that much. I am a runner so when i need level 1's i get shop floor i dnt really bother counter people.

have fun tomorow, it will be a bit boring but its fun too lol you get paid to sit and listen its awesome lol
    Sounds like fun! :rolleyes: Can't complain I suppose if they're paying me for it though. I wonder why most people seem to be saying they had two days induction and I'm only getting one?

Till training doesn't really put me up nor down, not sure how worth their while it will be though, as I'm only temp xmas staff. Anyone know if they ever keep their xmas staff on as perms? If it turns out to be an OK job I wouldn't mind keeping it on like, the pennies would be handy!

My induction is next Sat, that's why I'm here just now lol I'm sure it'll be fun, I don't mind being paid to sit and listen.

(Original post by matt4504)

Thanks!
    Yeah. At the end of each shift I get a 'thank you' from whoever's in charge and I'm not treated like some kind of robot. If I have a problem I can talk to someone and get it sorted (but probably only because if they don't sort it, I'll do it myself and usually end up upsetting somebody...). I'm happy working at Sainsburys, much more so than some of my mates who also work in retail part time and get treated like crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RandomGirly)
    Sounds like fun! :rolleyes: Can't complain I suppose if they're paying me for it though. I wonder why most people seem to be saying they had two days induction and I'm only getting one?

Till training doesn't really put me up nor down, not sure how worth their while it will be though, as I'm only temp xmas staff. Anyone know if they ever keep their xmas staff on as perms? If it turns out to be an OK job I wouldn't mind keeping it on like, the pennies would be handy!

My induction is next Sat, that's why I'm here just now lol I'm sure it'll be fun, I don't mind being paid to sit and listen.
    well i was a temp last christmas and i got kept on and so did the other girls i was with in my induction. I am now a runner/customer service desk person. Checkouts is fun at christmas to be fair, the customers are sometimes in a good mood lol,

but it does get very busy at checkouts so thats why ur getting checkout trained,

ReputationRep:
    when does the christmas songs get played?

one more week then a weeks hols for me, didn't know i booked one for then, im sure i booked my last 2 for near april. i feel bad for getting my hols cos the dept. is gonna be busy this time of year, and our dept. only has 5 people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mug51)
    when does the christmas songs get played?
    December the 3rd.... I looked for that bit on the christmas planner :o: lol
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    wish they would play xmas songs at work, i've had enough of listening to the same songs for 2 months :woo: lol

Nonononono... the Christmas songs are terrible. I'm tempted to not do any extra hours over Christmas just so I don't have to listen to them for too long. Put me on nights with an iPod any day of the week.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.