The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3000
How much overtime am I likely to get over the Christmas period? I could use the money, and am only contracted for 27 hours a week.

Also during my interview I said I could also do Thursdays (not actually contracted to do it - also means I avoid Christmas Eve and New Years eve), but I can now instead do Mondays/Tuesdays instead (again not actually contracted). Would it be possible to change this?
Reply 3001
If they aren't contracted then you don't need to 'change' anything. Just mention it to your manager so they know they can contact you if they need some more hours.
matt4504
Ok, this is a a bit of a random question but do you feel respected/valued working at Sainsburys?

Thanks!

pmsl! Er no!
I never thought it was that kinda place, its somewhere to do your hours, get paid for it, bobs your uncle.
We have a terrible staff shortage at the moment. I hate to think what christmas will be like.
And whats this about xmas music? I would love to hear xmas music! Our store doesn't play any music??? Is that our store managers decision then?
We are having our christmas dinner/go out into town an get pissed up, im trying to do all my coursework due in on monday so i dont have to come home early, argh!

Dunno why im on TSR when i should be busy.
Reply 3005
No Christmas songs dammit.. I turn the PA off
danpr
No Christmas songs dammit.. I turn the PA off

dont you play music on your shift? :woo: i work better with music on :biggrin:
We dont have music in store full stop.
Reply 3008
Oh-No!
December the 3rd.... I looked for that bit on the christmas planner :o: lol

ha great :biggrin: can't wait

you know how many tracks there are? anything less than 60 would be a nightmare, and is it a new set of songs or just last years. cant actually remember what there was last year, was only there for 12 hours a week and the volume was like so low.
Reply 3009
I think we had like a 15-20 track CD playing. Well actually we had a few because our player is terrible and breaks all the discs :p:
Reply 3010
inksplodge
dont you play music on your shift? :woo: i work better with music on :biggrin:

Yes we have a full midi system in a milk cage that we have on. We used to put the radio on over the tannoy until we made it explode and cost the store 3k to fix it.
danpr
Yes we have a full midi system in a milk cage that we have on. We used to put the radio on over the tannoy until we made it explode and cost the store 3k to fix it.

lol wow!! we have a little stereo player thing...
Reply 3012
So if next Friday is pay day, when is pay day in January? The 1st or the 8th? I'm so bad with money.
I have it down as the 4th.

Well my iCal has, but i just set it up so that every 4th friday it says payday, its hasn't been wrong yet tbh.
Reply 3014
We get paid on the 31st of December after this time (think it's because Friday the 1st is a bank hol)
Reply 3015
Oh-No!
We get paid on the 31st of December after this time (think it's because Friday the 1st is a bank hol)

Really? I hope so, that would be marvellous. :colondollar:
Reply 3016
Untitled258
I have it down as the 4th.

Well my iCal has, but i just set it up so that every 4th friday it says payday, its hasn't been wrong yet tbh.

4th December yeah, but January 4th would be a Monday.
Oh right yeah, looked at the wrong month. Its the 1st in January.
inksplodge
lol wow!! we have a little stereo player thing...

I'm jealous :frown: I would actually love to be listening to christmas songs whilst I work. I just figured Sainsburys had a golden rule they never played 'supermarket' music. Seems its just our store then :mad:
Reply 3019
Spazzycazzy
I'm jealous :frown: I would actually love to be listening to christmas songs whilst I work. I just figured Sainsburys had a golden rule they never played 'supermarket' music. Seems its just our store then :mad:

We can swap if you want :woo:

Latest

Trending

Trending