Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    We can swap if you want :woo:
    :yep:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    oh my gooodness. i LOVE the xmas toys lol. finally seen what the little christmas tree does and AWWWW so cute.

although the dancing puppy is one of my favourites

ReputationRep:
    How long does our 15% discount go on for folks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    How long does our 15% discount go on for folks?
    Early January... not sure what exact date though

ReputationRep:
    I'm so happy at the moment!

I just transferred stores and was supposed to be transfering to checkouts (from checkouts) - However, got into the store and found out that I am a pharmacy assistant instead. They told me, when I transferred that I wouldn't be allowed to work in there but I am - so weird.

Anyway - aside from a code 1 or 2, I don't have to work on the checkouts again - I'm so relieved !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longorefisher)
    I'm so happy at the moment!

I just transferred stores and was supposed to be transfering to checkouts (from checkouts) - However, got into the store and found out that I am a pharmacy assistant instead. They told me, when I transferred that I wouldn't be allowed to work in there but I am - so weird.

Anyway - aside from a code 1 or 2, I don't have to work on the checkouts again - I'm so relieved !!
    Pharmacy must be cool! Bit busy at times, but I think its probably a good job. Rare to become available too. Why wouldn't they let you work in there before?

Pharmacy must be cool! Bit busy at times, but I think its probably a good job. Rare to become available too. Why wouldn't they let you work in there before?
    I think it's the same with BWS and Counters. It's the age barrier. But it's relaxed once you're actually in the store, cause they happily move you around willy-nilly.

Gosh! It's almost the 1st already. Back to Sainsburys! How fun.. :o:

:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    I think it's the same with BWS and Counters. It's the age barrier. But it's relaxed once you're actually in the store, cause they happily move you around willy-nilly.
    Oh right, didn't think of that

ReputationRep:
    Weird as I was told there was no age barrier to pharmacy.

ReputationRep:
    We have music on petrol and shift. I wish I was on petrol this Christmas

ReputationRep:
    We have a terrible staff shortage at the moment. I hate to think what christmas will be like.
    And whats this about xmas music? I would love to hear xmas music! Our store doesn't play any music??? Is that our store managers decision then?
    Head office stopped music in stores because customers complained about it -shrug-

(Original post by Absurd)
    So if next Friday is pay day, when is pay day in January? The 1st or the 8th? I'm so bad with money.
    Its supposed to be the 1st January, but New Years is classed as a bank Holiday? So will we get it on the Monday?

(Original post by estel)
    We have music on petrol and shift. I wish I was on petrol this Christmas
    Petrol's tills are incredibilly tempermental. Their touch screen and a royal pain in the backside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    Petrol's tills are incredibilly tempermental. Their touch screen and a royal pain in the backside.
    Well yes, but it's worth the tradeoff of vaguely more varied work and greater flexibility.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Can I ask for those of you that work in frozen or fresh...what kind of gloves do you wear? I'm finding the ones Sainsbury's gave me ain't keeping my hands very warm lol. I don't actually do either of them very often but you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    Can I ask for those of you that work in frozen or fresh...what kind of gloves do you wear? I'm finding the ones Sainsbury's gave me ain't keeping my hands very warm lol. I don't actually do either of them very often but you know.

I work on fresh at waitrose and i don't need to wear gloves, unless i am facing up (keeping hands in the chiller cabinet is not fun) but we have fleecey ones with grip on the fingers and palms- so something along those lines should work fine for you.

ReputationRep:
    Hi i was just wondering whether anyone knows what the cut off date is for getting paid on the next pay day (4th december)? I had my training on the 19th,21st and 23rd and worked this weekend but will i get paid for any of this this pay day?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phil2323)
    Hi i was just wondering whether anyone knows what the cut off date is for getting paid on the next pay day (4th december)? I had my training on the 19th,21st and 23rd and worked this weekend but will i get paid for any of this this pay day?
    Thanks
    The cut off was saturday just gone (28th) x

ReputationRep:
    Ok. Thanks :-) x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    Its supposed to be the 1st January, but New Years is classed as a bank Holiday? So will we get it on the Monday?
    We get it on the Thursday (31st)

And as for music, all stores are meant to be playing Xmas music from the 3rd, but it doesn't mean they will... we will see!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    We get it on the Thursday (31st)

And as for music, all stores are meant to be playing Xmas music from the 3rd, but it doesn't mean they will... we will see!
    Is this a relitively new thing? Because ours didn't last year. I hope its a new thing, because I could really do with some xmas music to work to lol Easy for me to say though I guess, I'm only there 4 hours!
    I worked in Tandys on a saturday years ago, & it drove me mad by the end of the day, but 4 hours is fine!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.