Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Is this a relitively new thing? Because ours didn't last year. I hope its a new thing, because I could really do with some xmas music to work to lol Easy for me to say though I guess, I'm only there 4 hours!
    I worked in Tandys on a saturday years ago, & it drove me mad by the end of the day, but 4 hours is fine!
    It's been done the last few years at least. I suppose we'll have to wait and see what thursday brings!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I've been told we get our pay on the 28th although I don't see how cos it's a bank holiday lol

ReputationRep:
    had our christmas meal tonight, bit early if you ask me!

ReputationRep:
    We have our regional thing next sunday, and the store one the saturday after next (i think!)
    Time for drinkies

ReputationRep:
    Our regional one is in January :confused:

It was my first crimbo lunch of the year though.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    got no idea about ours but yeah lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angeo)
    well i was a temp last christmas and i got kept on and so did the other girls i was with in my induction. I am now a runner/customer service desk person. Checkouts is fun at christmas to be fair, the customers are sometimes in a good mood lol,

but it does get very busy at checkouts so thats why ur getting checkout trained,
    Thanks! Good to know they keep some people on!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what time we get off over the Christmas/new year period? As far as I can see I only get Christmas day off, and I'm working every day aside from that!

I know you can schedule in holidays but I only recently changed my contract to increase my hours, and I used all my holiday time up prior to that.

Can anyone advise???? x
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by orchid)
    Does anyone know what time we get off over the Christmas/new year period? As far as I can see I only get Christmas day off, and I'm working every day aside from that!

I know you can schedule in holidays but I only recently changed my contract to increase my hours, and I used all my holiday time up prior to that.

Can anyone advise???? x
    Unlikely cos they're busy at xmas, you might be able to swap shifts but...?

I get xmas eve, xmas day and new years eve off but I have to make up the time elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Bit gutted, I had booked the 22nd & 24th of dec off, months ago when our old dept manager was still there, she ok'd it. The new manager has said today I cant have the 22nd (
    Bit gutted. Didn't know they could take your holiday back thats been ok'd?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    They can take your holiday back?!

ReputationRep:
    Hi I need some help !!
    My stupid little sister took my discount card off my mum (who's the other named person on the card) to buy some accessories for her DSi and was asked for ID as she's under 16. The cashier passed the discount card onto her supervisor and they've confiscated the card. This wasn't at the store, I work at. so. they've told my sister that they're going to call my store manager and report it to him.

Does anyone know what happens next?
    How serious is this? and;
    Does it make a difference that she took it without my permission?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what time the 0845 recruitment hotline closes tonight? Ta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ms.Erudite)
    Hi I need some help !!
    My stupid little sister took my discount card off my mum (who's the other named person on the card) to buy some accessories for her DSi and was asked for ID as she's under 16. The cashier passed the discount card onto her supervisor and they've confiscated the card. This wasn't at the store, I work at. so. they've told my sister that they're going to call my store manager and report it to him.

Does anyone know what happens next?
    How serious is this? and;
    Does it make a difference that she took it without my permission?

Thanks.
    Not completely sure on what will happen but that does sound extremely petty to take it off her. She's still a close family member and would they never think she had taken it off one of you without your permission:rolleyes:

Hmm guess it depends how seriously your own store takes it. Sorry I can't help you more.

ReputationRep:
    What are the pay rates on new years day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    What are the pay rates on new years day?
    Premium rate I think - extra £1.50 p/h? Not certain though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morris743)
    Premium rate I think - extra £1.50 p/h? Not certain though.
    Should be around £2.50 I think unless its gone down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flipshot)
    Should be around £2.50 I think unless its gone down.
    Really? Wow, now that is doable! Sadly due to the high likelehood of my body not being able to function on this day no amount of money could get me in there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morris743)
    Really? Wow, now that is doable! Sadly due to the high likelehood of my body not being able to function on this day no amount of money could get me in there
    I did it last year, had no sleep at all. Went straight from going out into work - had to go in early as well as there was no one else to do the papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flipshot)
    I did it last year, had no sleep at all. Went straight from going out into work - had to go in early as well as there was no one else to do the papers.
    The going straight from club to work isn't so bad as it is a bit of a regular occurance anyway:p: but I'll probably head up to London for the celebrations and know I would probably throw up if I even tried working the day after

Funny thing is, I'd quite like to see what work is like on NYD. Is it really busy or eerily quiet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.