Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Nah, its no big deal. People say I should of said I was going away so cant cancel it. She's not worth getting on the wrong side of though it seems :rolleyes:
    I am going to go against the grain & say I actually am loving the christmas season this year! I'm no longer new (I started end of november last year) & we are busy! And online shopping is always better when we're busy! Can really get up some speed without worrying we will run out of work :yep:
    I'm getting worried about the drops- work mate said the aisle I do gets MASSIVE drops at xmas and it will take me all night. It took me long enough last week to do the drop as there was so much. Also I hate how messy the shelves are when we shut. Aren't the day shift people supposed to dress down the shelves?! It literally looks like it hasn't been done all day.

Day shift only dress down the aisles when there's nothing else to do. Otherwise there's always something that needs putting out.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by FXX)
    Day shift only dress down the aisles when there's nothing else to do. Otherwise there's always something that needs putting out.
    But surely you should dress down the aisle once you've done with it? Dressing down makes my night a whole lot worse :mad: The medicines in the health and beauty are the worst.

ReputationRep:
    I never used to dress the aisle i was on when i finished on it when i was on trading.

That said i could work the whole of dry goods on my own if i didn't start pissing about moving things forward, that would take an age.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    I never used to dress the aisle i was on when i finished on it when i was on trading.

That said i could work the whole of dry goods on my own if i didn't start pissing about moving things forward, that would take an age.
    It's been taking me from 9pm til nearly 3am to do my aisle because of the bloody dressing down... not good when I have other things to do as well. Having said that I had a full block of totes to put out and three cages of stuff so considering I think I did ok

ReputationRep:
    Not looking forward to today. Teaching from 9-5:30 and then to Sainsburys from 6-10.

But a lie in tomorrow :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ms.Erudite)
    Hi I need some help !!
    My stupid little sister took my discount card off my mum (who's the other named person on the card) to buy some accessories for her DSi and was asked for ID as she's under 16. The cashier passed the discount card onto her supervisor and they've confiscated the card. This wasn't at the store, I work at. so. they've told my sister that they're going to call my store manager and report it to him.

Does anyone know what happens next?
    How serious is this? and;
    Does it make a difference that she took it without my permission?

Thanks.
    Your not allowed to use the card for anything other than personal use within your household. If your sister lives with you, and you can prove it (In the form of a utility bill/bank account statement maybe?) you should be Okay, unless your sister was silly enough to admit she was shopping alone, just say you was getting something from the other side of the store and gave her the money/card to prevent queues forming.

The cashier sounds like a jobs worth though. Personally I would have seen the surname and took it for granted she was related to the persons name on the card. Told her not to do it again, give the card back and take the staff discount off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SolarEclipse)
    I saw in the previous sainsburys thread that mainstores close during boxing day and locals stay open.
    Are more stores opening on boxing day this year?
    Just wondering if anyone here knew as I don't have a shift for a few days and hoped I could find out a vague idea of whether my store would be open as I forgot to check.
    Of course I'll check next time I have a shift but I was just curious
    We are open on boxing day. We actually have people coming in during the day of xmas day to fill the shelves xD

ReputationRep:
    hellooo,

Just wondering if anyone is starting at the new Westhoughton store?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Our store is open on boxing day (26th) I think? - I have to wooork. Not working xmas eve or xmas day though.

ReputationRep:
    Just had the first part of my induction. People were great, DVDs not so much.

Just a question though, part of my contract is Fridays. Now Xmas day is a Friday, now obviously the store is closed, but I was told I still have to apply for holiday? Makes no sense?

You have to apply for holiday on Christmas Day if you want to get paid for that day. If you don't, it goes unpaid.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I couldn't book holiday for xmas day - holiday quota exceeded etc. I just have to do a different shift.

ReputationRep:
    does money go to our bank accounts today or tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    I had forgetten which paperwork I needed to take to my induction so I called the recruitment line and they told me what I needed then confirmed my induction time as tonight and tomorrow 5.30pm-10.30pm.....:eek3: I was like...EH!!! I was told it was on Sat 5th 9am-6pm! She checked the records and said it had been changed and she was very sorry that no one got in touch to let me know! :eek: I woulda turned up on Saturday like a total plank! So...it turns out my induction is in fact tonight and tomorrow 5.30-10.30. Whats the bets I'll turn up there tonight and they'll say It's on Saturday :lol:

It could only happen to me!

So, I will go tonight and see what happens! It's better for me than Saturday anyway - I don't need to get up early on Saturday now :woo:

ReputationRep:
    How do I quit?

I've only done 2 shifts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    You have to apply for holiday on Christmas Day if you want to get paid for that day. If you don't, it goes unpaid.
    Dont you have to work your hours at some other point in the week? Rather then not working at all.

If your contract to work on that day that is.

Midnight tonight.

How do I quit?

I've only done 2 shifts
    Give a letter to your manager, then walk out. You don't need any notice.

Dont you have to work your hours at some other point in the week? Rather then not working at all.

If your contract to work on that day that is.
    We were told to book it off as holiday, but then you lose a day's holiday entitlement, so I guess you can do one or the other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gunners r us)
    I think mine goes in Natwest during the night? I have checked at about 6am on a friday, before & its there.

I think I must question things too much, because I would love to know why our store always gets busy at the moment, it makes no sense that its because of christmas, because food will of gone off by then, so they're not doing their xmas food shopping yet! And i'm on about the food sections, not presents :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Im with Lloyds TSB, i usually get it at around midnight, though anytime after 11pm tonight and theres a good chance its in

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.