Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If they get away with it once, they'll keep trying it. I think they should include videos of people stealing money from the checkouts from those ceiling cameras at the induction, just to show how good they are at catching people.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Foulish)
    I was told because it is BACS, we get paid as normal on the bank holiday.
    Yeah I've been told we get it on the bank holiday too :dontknow:

(Original post by estel)
    OMG H&B is such a massive pain to dress. I cry whenever I have to do that, especially the pills >.<
    Nearly as bad is the specialities bit, but that's more because I end up gazing at the shelf in wonder at all the incredible things that they have.
    Story of my life - I do it every time I'm at work!!!

ReputationRep:
    today, i saw a guy walk out the customer toilets with an aluminium case and he walked out the exit, didn't have any shopping but it looked suspicious.
    would aluminium cases stop those security tags going off?

obviously had no reason to stop him and take a look in his case.

ReputationRep:
    It could do, ive heard of people getting the bags for life, and lining them with tin foil to stop the alarms going off.

ReputationRep:
    FML that was tiring. But meh I get paid. Real mix of people though. Reckon I'll be able to stay for at least the next 6 months.

Also speaking of foil, somebody today put foil on a bottle of Smirnoff so that it wouldn't go off and left it in the DVD aisle.

ReputationRep:
    I have my induction on Sunday 9am-6pm. Anyone tell me what this will involve?

ReputationRep:
    Is it usual for HR to be in on a Saturday in all stores?

ReputationRep:
    Shop floor people are so nice and helpful to checkout numpties who can't find an item that needs replacing.

I hate TU sales.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Err, HR sent me a letter to say I need to provide them with two referees to continue with my employment there. I've given them two already AND confirmed they were correct, so ... Do I need to choose two different ones or what? I know one of them has now left the college and is elsewhere so maybe he buggered up and didn't send a reference ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morris743)
    Is it usual for HR to be in on a Saturday in all stores?
    Yes, pretty much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    Err, HR sent me a letter to say I need to provide them with two referees to continue with my employment there. I've given them two already AND confirmed they were correct, so ... Do I need to choose two different ones or what? I know one of them has now left the college and is elsewhere so maybe he buggered up and didn't send a reference ...
    I'd phone / go talk to them and ask them what the problem is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TashM)
    I have my induction on Sunday 9am-6pm. Anyone tell me what this will involve?
    I presume it's a store induction - will be watching DVDs, learning about the company values, filling in paperwork etc. May or may not include role specific stuff depending on the store e.g. till training if appliciable.

ReputationRep:
    The sizing of the bloody uniforms is so odd. My old shirts were on the small side and the new ones are slightly massive. :dong:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by danpr)
    I'd phone / go talk to them and ask them what the problem is
    Asking one of my referees it seems they didn't even contact her for a reference in the first place. Weird. Just putting down the names again (and a different name - will it matter if I don't have the surname of one of the people?)

ReputationRep:
    They've probably lost their names then. Just submit whatever you've got and chuck it at them, they will probably just lose it again!

ReputationRep:
    Is there a payday before xmas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by killerbeats)
    Is there a payday before xmas?
    It was yesterday. Next one is after.

ReputationRep:
    Next pay day is on new years eve. I checked on the Christmas Planner in work today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Give a letter to your manager, then walk out. You don't need any notice.
    What would I write? Does this sound okay:

"I regret to inform that I will be leaving my job as Counter Assistant due to disliking the roles and being offered a permanent job at PC World."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsTallAsLions)
    What would I write? Does this sound okay:

"I regret to inform that I will be leaving my job as Counter Assistant due to disliking the roles and being offered a permanent job at PC World."
    See this post by XCRUSHESX.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.